Mahomie

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

Memories ( I've never ridden the Patrick ) -- I remember when Mamba first was built.
Timberwolf. Orient Express. The Detonator. Viking Voyager. Fury of the Nile. Zambezi Zinger.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 am Memories ( I've never ridden the Patrick ) -- I remember when Mamba first was built.
Timberwolf. Orient Express. The Detonator. Viking Voyager. Fury of the Nile. Zambezi Zinger.
I swear the Timberwolf gave me a concussion each time I was on it. Slammed back and forth on that old wooden rollercoaster.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

AR informed the media that everyone but O'Daniel would be practicing today. (that includes EB in some sort of capacity.)
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:41 pm AR informed the media that everyone but O'Daniel would be practicing today. (that includes EB in some sort of capacity.)
Especially good news that after Watkins played in 93% of the snaps, he will be practicing.

I imagine that Chiefs will give Berry today and tomorrow to practice and if he doesn't feel good enough, he won't play Sunday.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Good point on Sammy. Didn't experience any set backs and one would assume he will be in even better shape on Sunday. That is great news considering BB will try to double team Hill and chip / hold Kelce every where. I expect Watkins to have a huge game.

It seems the big issue with EB is keeping the swelling down after games and practices. You are right; if EB is to play on Sunday tomorrow and Friday will be key to determining if he plays or not.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm Good point on Sammy. Didn't experience any set backs and one would assume he will be in even better shape on Sunday. That is great news considering BB will try to double team Hill and chip / hold Kelce every where. I expect Watkins to have a huge game.

It seems the big issue with EB is keeping the swelling down after games and practices. You are right; if EB is to play on Sunday tomorrow and Friday will be key to determining if he plays or not.
Watkins only 2 catches for a handful of yards against NE earlier this year. He needs to make plays like he did against Indy for KC to have a good chance. That first catch he had on the first drive was an "I'm back" moment and was great to see..

What was also missed with Sammy, is his blocking. He was doing a great job blocking inside the box against Linebackers and Safeties. Helped open up some holes for Williams.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

EB was a full participant in practice today. Ware and LDT were limited. Does EB go 2 days in a row as a FP? If so, good chance he plays.

columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm EB was a full participant in practice today. Ware and LDT were limited. Does EB go 2 days in a row as a FP? If so, good chance he plays.
Yeah I think if he’s a FP tomorrow he probably plays. I think LDT probably plays too in limited snaps.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm EB was a full participant in practice today. Ware and LDT were limited. Does EB go 2 days in a row as a FP? If so, good chance he plays.
Yeah I think if he’s a FP tomorrow he probably plays. I think LDT probably plays too in limited snaps.
Agree on Berry, but I'm not sure it's workable for a lineman to plan to play limited snaps.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Temps not going to be nearly as bad as forecasted.
24 degrees at kickoff.
Not that much colder than the Colts or Ravens game.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and ticket prices climb with the temp forecast
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he practiced two days in a row last week and then missed the remaining of the week. If he gets to Friday with no set backs he will play.

I find all of this 'underdog' mentality from the Patriots laughable but I believe even more strongly that it reeks of desperate team reaching for something to get them going. I believe that this Patriots teams is trying to find a physiological way to convince themselves that they can beat the Chiefs. You would have to go back to the early days of the Pats SB runs to find a time when they didn't believe that they could line up and simply beat the other team in front of them. If that is the route they want to go then fine. The Chiefs haven't and will not fall for that bait. NE can believe they are underdogs all they want but the Chiefs passion and desire to get to the franchises first SB since the earliest beginnings of the NFL is going to be stronger than any fabricated mind games the Pats want to play.

Chiefs need to be who they are. Play mistake free football and they will win. The Pats best doesn't beat the Chiefs best.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Maybe, maybe not. Last I saw over 10,000 tickets were listed on the secondary market. At some point prices will have to drop to get things moving.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 am Maybe, maybe not. Last I saw over 10,000 tickets were listed on the secondary market. At some point prices will have to drop to get things moving.
Still seeing tickets fairly low. $175 or so on Stubhub is the cheapest I've seen.

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 am
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he practiced two days in a row last week and then missed the remaining of the week. If he gets to Friday with no set backs he will play.

I find all of this 'underdog' mentality from the Patriots laughable but I believe even more strongly that it reeks of desperate team reaching for something to get them going. I believe that this Patriots teams is trying to find a physiological way to convince themselves that they can beat the Chiefs. You would have to go back to the early days of the Pats SB runs to find a time when they didn't believe that they could line up and simply beat the other team in front of them. If that is the route they want to go then fine. The Chiefs haven't and will not fall for that bait. NE can believe they are underdogs all they want but the Chiefs passion and desire to get to the franchises first SB since the earliest beginnings of the NFL is going to be stronger than any fabricated mind games the Pats want to play.

Chiefs need to be who they are. Play mistake free football and they will win. The Pats best doesn't beat the Chiefs best.
For your sake and all Chiefs fans's sake/s - I hope the Chiefs win.
Meanwhile, your post reeks of homerism.
The odds-makers made the Pats the underdogs.
The Pats didn't make themselves the underdogs. Sure they may feel disrespected but do you really think the Pats don't believe they can beat the Chiefs?
How does their rolling with the underdog role affect the Chiefs - it doesn't. Right?
Which team have you seen play their best this season for you to assess that the Chiefs best beats the Pats best? Are you basing your opinion on the Chiefs 1st game or their 17th game? Which game did they play their best this season? How about the Pats? Which game did they play their best? Their 1st game or their 17th game?
I don't think we have seen either team play their best possible "mistake free" football. Have we?
I happen to think and hope the Chiefs will win. I sure as shit am not going to count out the Pats though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not your best work.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I am certainly not counting out the Pats. Until you beat them they should be considered the favorite. When you have a QB like TB12 you always are going to have a chance. That is why I find this notion that they have to go publicly to the media that they are the underdogs interesting. Even when they were playing the good Broncos teams of years past they never did something like this.

I believe the Chiefs are the better football team from an overall 53 man roster perspective. That is why I made the statement that if the Chiefs and the Pats both played to their best potential the Chiefs would win because they are the more talented team.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed. I think it both teams play mistake-free football, the Chiefs win by 10 or so at most. The only place the Pats are definitely better would be the running backs and the defensive secondary, and even with the secondary, it's not that much of an advantage for NE.

But right now Mahomes is better than Brady. WR are better than NE. Kelce is better than Gronk. OL are a push. ST are a push if not a slight edge to KC. Front 7 of KC is better than NE.

I do think there will be a big turnover by KC at some point during the game, and the defense will have to step up.

In turn, I do think the Chiefs will get a turnover or two from Brady due to a strong pass rush.

My final prediction after seeing updated weather predictions and with EB likely being back.

Chiefs over the Pats 31-23.

Chiefs lost to NE by 3 earlier in the year. In Foxboro. No Justin Houston. Sammy Watkins had 2 catches for short yards. Some dude named Josh Shaw was on Gronk. Ward is a huge upgrade over Scandrick. Mahomes had a HORRIBLE first half and the Chiefs were held to 9 points in the first half. Don't think that happens again.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think if you look at the respective talents of the teams and the fact that it's in Camarohead, I would guess that Chiefs win by 7-10 points. But, not b/c I think Brady will be bothered by the pass rush--this is probably the greatest pocket passer in the history of the game. More so because I don't think he has the weapons to keep up with Mahomes and Co. at home.

But, knowing that Brady is Brady and the Chiefs have demons, conventional wisdom will say that Brady will either win this by 3 or lose by 4. That last drive, there's always that last drive.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 pm I think if you look at the respective talents of the teams and the fact that it's in Camarohead, I would guess that Chiefs win by 7-10 points. But, not b/c I think Brady will be bothered by the pass rush--this is probably the greatest pocket passer in the history of the game. More so because I don't think he has the weapons to keep up with Mahomes and Co. at home.

But, knowing that Brady is Brady and the Chiefs have demons, conventional wisdom will say that Brady will either win this by 3 or lose by 4. That last drive, there's always that last drive.
He has to break at some point. Why not here, now?