Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by KUTradition »

heard an “interesting” thought over lunch, that in addition to lgbtq+ rights, this may even open the door to limiting or even eliminating birth control/contraceptives

might be kinda nice, not having to stand in front of the wall of condoms at walgreens while waiting for my Rx
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

So dumb. Hysteria is back.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I can't tell if this is new due to the nature of how we get info now or if it's something that's always been...

But I am amazed at how much people dismiss known stuff and obsess over unknowns.

I'm seeing people talking about the leak or what will eventually maybe be illegal now, w/r/t the Roe stuff. This itself is the big deal.

Same with J6 stuff. "We're going to find out about the vast conspiracy around J6!". We saw the election denial and the Trump speech on J6 - that is the big deal itself.

Same with Russia-Ukraine. "Putin is looking to go after all of Eastern Europe or the rest of the former USSR!". Maybe... But the attack on Ukraine itself is the big deal.

The significance of these events is diluted by talking so much about unknown stuff. I don't get the psychology of it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

It’s a 24-hour news cycle. Reporting the facts/news takes what maybe 1 hour? They need to fill another 23 hours, giving a 23:1 bias in favor speculation and “analysis”!
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:28 pm I can't tell if this is new due to the nature of how we get info now or if it's something that's always been...

But I am amazed at how much people dismiss known stuff and obsess over unknowns.

I'm seeing people talking about the leak or what will eventually maybe be illegal now, w/r/t the Roe stuff. This itself is the big deal.

Same with J6 stuff. "We're going to find out about the vast conspiracy around J6!". We saw the election denial and the Trump speech on J6 - that is the big deal itself.

Same with Russia-Ukraine. "Putin is looking to go after all of Eastern Europe or the rest of the former USSR!". Maybe... But the attack on Ukraine itself is the big deal.

The significance of these events is diluted by talking so much about unknown stuff. I don't get the psychology of it.
I don't get it either.

And it (the hysteria over the unknowns) has rarely panned out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:04 pm heard an “interesting” thought over lunch, that in addition to lgbtq+ rights, this may even open the door to limiting or even eliminating birth control/contraceptives

might be kinda nice, not having to stand in front of the wall of condoms at walgreens while waiting for my Rx
I think the entire menu of religious-right catnip is in play.

Obergefell will be first, but not last.

And you can bet your ass that, the second this decision actually comes down and has the weight of precedent, that silly-ass Texas end-around (the private enforcement garbage) will be deployed nationwide, for purposes of ordering off the menu.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah they're likely to crank up the outrage against gay marriage next

but the thing about gay marriage is, it affects people who are actually born

posting again cuz it's once again so relevant

Deleted User 863

The vast majority of people support gay marriage.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/rec ... riage.aspx

Seems like some of your outrage is cranked all the way up. On shit that'll never happen.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I should have phrased that better.

I feel compelled to mention re: “it affects people who are actually born,” I feel compelled to mention, I can only imagine how much this recent Roe news affects women.

Speaking of…

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/ ... n9HD3yXQUg
Deleted User 863

They were talking about it being leaked. Not about whether women should be allowed to get abortions. But hey, whatever looks good on the twitter, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

either way, that panel exhibits the kind of diversity only a Qusdahl could love.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:23 pm either way, that panel exhibits the kind of diversity only a Qusdahl could love.
Well you'll be happy to know the current show has 2 women and a black guy on it. Although they do have 2 white men also. Gasp.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

2 women and a black dude...yeah, I've seen lots of shows like that!

can't say I've seen the one with 2 white men tho

but if that's your thing, no worries that's cool, I'm not gonna try to stack the supreme court about it otherwise
Deleted User 863

Flailing.

Thankfully you've been avoiding the war thread lately. 🤣
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:20 pm They were talking about it being leaked. Not about whether women should be allowed to get abortions. But hey, whatever looks good on the twitter, right?
That’s because they’re cowards. Yes, the leak happened. But what about the substance. In a few days/weeks the decision will come. Then what? Are they going to jail doctors? Are they going to jail women? Talk about that. But they won’t. They’re clutching their pearls over The Leak. Cowards
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:20 pm They were talking about it being leaked. Not about whether women should be allowed to get abortions. But hey, whatever looks good on the twitter, right?
Who said they were discussing "whether women should be allowed to get abortions"?
I see a tweet that says, This is a panel on abortion.
Yes, they were talking about it being leaked - but did you actually watch it?
I just did. One could rightfully say they were a "panel on abortion/s" being that a couple of them actually did talk about the actual ruling and how this ruling will affect voters. One of the many facets of how this ruling affects people - and our country.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:43 am
That’s because they’re cowards. Yes, the leak happened. But what about the substance. In a few days/weeks the decision will come. Then what? Are they going to jail doctors? Are they going to jail women? Talk about that. But they won’t. They’re clutching their pearls over The Leak. Cowards
Don't worry, they had Candace Owens on to talk about the substance since she is a black woman. So Qusdahl can't be mad about her opinion.

It's gross. All of it.

The government should have no say in abortion. If a woman wants an abortion she should be able to get one. Conversely if a doctor at a private practice is uncomfortable with abortions they should be able to not perform that procedure. But the government has no business picking and choosing which situations abortions are acceptable. 99.9% of the time it is a decision no woman wants to make.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:01 am
Who said they were discussing "whether women should be allowed to get abortions"?
I see a tweet that says, This is a panel on abortion.
Yes, they were talking about it being leaked - but did you actually watch it?
I just did. One could rightfully say they were a "panel on abortion/s" being that a couple of them actually did talk about the actual ruling and how this ruling will affect voters. One of the many facets of how this ruling affects people - and our country.
I hope the good news is that with 70% of the country in support of a woman's right to choose, that even if it is overturned, many (maybe most) states will vote to allow them. Even the red states. Maybe I am being too optimistic.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:35 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:04 pm heard an “interesting” thought over lunch, that in addition to lgbtq+ rights, this may even open the door to limiting or even eliminating birth control/contraceptives

I think the entire menu of religious-right catnip is in play.

Obergefell will be first, but not last.

And you can bet your ass that, the second this decision actually comes down and has the weight of precedent, that silly-ass Texas end-around (the private enforcement garbage) will be deployed nationwide, for purposes of ordering off the menu.
hysteria!!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

If you read the leak, it says right within the draft that this is a unique situation that doesn't apply to other rights because of the complexities around abortion.

You'll still be able to buy condoms, don't worry.