Damn It Feels Good to be a Jayhawk

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Damn It Feels Good to be a Jayhawk

Post by KUTradition »

“But, there are other times when I wish I would have never seen that side of it.”

you and me both

at least for me, it’s tainted the view i had as a student and fan
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

zsn wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:47 pm Does anyone know if the NC trophy is in the Booth Hall on campus? I’m possibly going to be in Lawrence on Saturday and wondering if it’s on display. Thanks in advance
I got an email about a surplus sale on Saturday. They said football and basketball season ticket holders would be able to take picture with the trophy. So, on campus on Saturday but not in Booth Hall. It will be at Memorial. Hope this helps.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:42 pm There is some pride and even some fun in half of our household working for the University of Kansas in Lawrence.

But, there are other times when I wish I would have never seen that side of it.

Still not enough to shake my obsession er passion for pretty much everything KU.

College is such a huge part of your life but only 4-6 (on average) years of it. Really glad I did not choose a commuter school or one that logistically made "sense."
My mother worked for the Asst AD., I got all kinds of signed photos and other stuff that was lost over the years, unfortunately. But I was hooked. I would replay games KU lost, like to UCLA in 1971, with them winning in my basement. A Captain Kirk kind of fan. .. .
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:28 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:42 pm There is some pride and even some fun in half of our household working for the University of Kansas in Lawrence.

But, there are other times when I wish I would have never seen that side of it.

Still not enough to shake my obsession er passion for pretty much everything KU.

College is such a huge part of your life but only 4-6 (on average) years of it. Really glad I did not choose a commuter school or one that logistically made "sense."
My mother worked for the Asst AD., I got all kinds of signed photos and other stuff that was lost over the years, unfortunately. But I was hooked. I would replay games KU lost, like to UCLA in 1971, with them winning in my basement. A Captain Kirk kind of fan. .. .
When my uncle worked at KU, Roy left a bunch of cool portraits of players when he left for UNC. He got them for me and I had them in my bedroom growing up. I think some are still in my parents basement. Over time the quality started to diminish because of the paint used, but they were awesome.

My uncle also had some artist do this badass dunking jayhawk drawing that I still have. I used it to stick the Chalmers sports illustrated magazines on each side and frame it. They fit perfectly so it looks as if the picture was made for those magazines.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

nu_bronco wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:04 pm
zsn wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:47 pm Does anyone know if the NC trophy is in the Booth Hall on campus? I’m possibly going to be in Lawrence on Saturday and wondering if it’s on display. Thanks in advance
I got an email about a surplus sale on Saturday. They said football and basketball season ticket holders would be able to take picture with the trophy. So, on campus on Saturday but not in Booth Hall. It will be at Memorial. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I’ll try to at least see it from a distance
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

zsn wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:16 pm
Tell them you know Gutter.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:34 pm

Get some upskirt shots, if you can
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

that's hilarious
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:34 pm

Will it end up with me getting arrested?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I don't have the definitive answer to your question but I will say, guilty by association is a bitch.

I have never taken a photo WITH the NCAA Mens Basketball Championship trophy. I have taken a photo of the 1988 and 2008 trophies in Allen.

Not that anyone (other than me) should care but.....
I have taken a photo holding (and kissing) the Stanley Cup.
I have taken a photo standing next to the 2016 World Series Trophy.
I have taken a photo of the 6 Bools NBA Championship trophies.
I have taken a photo of the Bears 1986 (85 season) Super Bowl trophy.

My hope is to take a photo of the 2022 KU NCAA Championship trophy in the next 365 days.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Just got a picture with the NC Trophy!! The surplus sale is a zoo. Over an hour wait to check out but the deals are awesome. Don’t need season tickets for pictures. The guy there just took the picture with my phone. You can enter from the hill side just to see the trophy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

zsn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:26 am The guy there just took the picture with my phone.
gutter?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Doubt it. Much younger and much better looking. Unless gutter is Benjamin Buttons
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:00 pm Unless gutter is Benjamin “Had To Undo A Few” Buttons
Deleted User 863

Plano drops a few lbs and now he's fat shaming? Lulz.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:20 pm Plano drops a few lbs and now he's fat shaming? Lulz.
I am not fat shaming anyone.

Also, you know you don’t have to respond to EVERY. SINGLE. POST. Right?
Deleted User 863

Nice edit.

I will always jump in to defend gutter when it is you talking shit.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:46 pm Nice edit.

I will always jump in to defend gutter when it is you talking shit.
Clearly. One question.
Do you get more butt hurt than Gutter in these heightened circumstances?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Gutter is the Emperor, Illy Darth Vader.