NBA 2021/2022

Kansas Basketball.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: NBA 2021/2022

Post by Overlander »

It is not my MO to agree with Illanoy.
But, I think he is spot on with his assessment of Klay.

For a guy that the Warriors kept under contract AND on the roster, he seems to me to have a bit of a pissy streak.

2 fucking years they held onto him, kept his seat warm.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Overlander wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:29 pm It is not my MO to agree with Illanoy.
But, I think he is spot on with his assessment of Klay.

For a guy that the Warriors kept under contract AND on the roster, he seems to me to have a bit of a pissy streak.

2 fucking years they held onto him, kept his seat warm.
He acted like a bitch multiple times tonight. Clearly fouls a guy on a key rebound then whines and bitches like he wasn't holding his arm. Constantly throws his arms / shrugs his shoulders when Wiggins or Poole get scored on...even though he was getting cooked on D all night w/ Ja multiple times trying to get Wiggins switched off in favor of Klay. Throws his arms / shrugs his shoulders when Wiggins or Poole take a shot when he is open and wants the ball...meanwhile goes 2 of 12 from 3 in 41min.

I used to like Klay. I don't think I do anymore. Maybe I am being too harsh. For Wiggins sake I hope he turns it around because I want GS to win it all (since it doesn't appear an Embiid championship is in the cards this year).

Klay is very good. No denying that. But it is almost like he wished it was just he steph and dray still. It's like the new youngins emerging is making him insecure. Steph and Dray seem to really embrace the young guys. Particularly Poole Wiggins and GP2. Maybe Klay just needs more time with them. Right now he seems very "me" oriented. I am probably reading too much into body language and a few select clips/instances. I really want the warriors to stay together as they are right now because they have a chance to be special for another several years and I selfishly want Wiggins to be a part of it.

End rant.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am not a Draymond fan. But, if I had to pick a starting roster in the NBA, reluctantly I would pick him, because…..
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:16 am I am not a Draymond fan. But, if I had to pick a starting roster in the NBA, reluctantly I would pick him, because…..
As long as he is surrounded by shooters who move off the ball like steph he works well. He wouldn't work nearly as well on a roster like the Lakers or 76ers who have multiple ball dominant stars.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Draymond is good.
He would not be on my perfect roster.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:03 am Draymond is good.
I think, after last night, I might go:

Ja Morant
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Giannis Antetokoumpo
Joel Embiid

You could have Luka and/or Jokic in there are not be "wrong" imo.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's a mighty fine lineup.
Bench:
Bron, Joke, Book, Tatum, Luka.
Deep bench I'd have to get CP3 in there for morale.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:01 am That's a mighty fine lineup.
Bench:
Bron, Joke, Book, Tatum, Luka.
Or the 1st lineup against your bench lineup would be a hell of a game.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:38 am

Ja Morant
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Giannis Antetokoumpo
Joel Embiid

Nice line up but your guards are hardly known as great defenders. I guess it doesn't matter as long as the team scores more points than their opponents do - and that's one hell of an offensive team.

Side note, KD - Most overrated player in the NBA? :shock:
Asking for a friend. ;)
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:08 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:38 am

Ja Morant
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Giannis Antetokoumpo
Joel Embiid

Nice line up but your guards are hardly known as great defenders. I guess it doesn't matter as long as the team scores more points than their opponents do - and that's one hell of an offensive team.

Side note, KD - Most overrated player in the NBA? :shock:
Asking for a friend. ;)
With Giannis and Embiid all they'd have to do is run guys off the 3pt line and retrieve the blocked shots Giannis and Embiid would be swatting away.

I don't think KD is overrated.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KD is not overrated.
He struggled towards the end of the season.
He was carrying the Nets for much of it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KD is a stud.

Unless KD decides not to be a stud
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Klay is struggling a bit to adapt to some change there. Its really hard to miss 2 full seasons and come back from major injuries. and he isn't young either. he is noticeably not quite what he was before the injury. but is still a good player and one of the greatest shooters ever. but I've noticed him getting frustrated him poole taking away from his usage a bit
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm not going to call him a bitch like you guys did but he is noticably frustrated with all those factors, but i think the big issue for him is accepting he is just not quite as dominant as his former self and golden state is gonna need to lean on those young studs if they are gonna keep winning. steph is getting older too
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:10 pm I'm not going to call him a bitch like you guys did but he is noticably frustrated with all those factors, but i think the big issue for him is accepting he is just not quite as dominant as his former self and golden state is gonna need to lean on those young studs if they are gonna keep winning. steph is getting older too
Bitch is harsh for sure.

But he does all that shoulder shrugging and arm flapping...and then turned around and traveled on a key possession last night (along with airballing a 3 about a minute earlier).

If you are going to finger point teammates, you better be damn near flawless imo.
Deleted User 863

No clue why the heat would do 2 of these 3 trades...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdRB-zcqxs9 ... MyMTA2M2Y=