Another mass shooting

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by TDub »

DrPepper wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:35 pm
TDub wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:24 pm decreasing church attendance is.....a problem?

rap music and video games. sheesh.
I’m trying to have an adult conversation (I just ignore 1 poster not to be named). I left a blank for you to put in whatever you wanted to. I tried to put down a bunch of things to fit all people as examples. It’s not a goddamn dissertation nor congressional report. I could have listed left-handedness and wearing contact lenses too. All the countries have those the same as the USA does. I’m not saying that wearing contact lenses causes terrorism (geesh )
listed in the same breath as poverty, racism, broken homes, mental illness and addiction.

Forgive me for assuming your were listing circumstances and situations that impact young people negatively.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You don't think/feel/believe rap music and video games can and in some cases do impact young people negatively?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I do not think rap music or video games make people commit mass murder.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:56 pm You don't think/feel/believe rap music and video games can and in some cases do impact young people negatively?
I think they help more people than they hurt. Much like manipulating stats, you can find examples of anything you want, to support any view you want.

I dont like video games very much. I dont like new "rap" music. I think blaming either of those for multiple murders is lazy.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:02 pm I do not think rap music or video games make people commit mass murder.
"make"? Probably not.
contribute? Possibly if not probably.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:35 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:56 pm You don't think/feel/believe rap music and video games can and in some cases do impact young people negatively?
I think they help more people than they hurt. Much like manipulating stats, you can find examples of anything you want, to support any view you want.

I dont like video games very much. I dont like new "rap" music. I think blaming either of those for multiple murders is lazy.
I think you're probably right that they help more than hurt but I 100% believe that in some ways they negatively impact some people.
I agree that blaming either for murders is lazy but like I said, I 100% believe that in some ways they negatively impact some people. I feel it would be lazy to ignore my belief - and I feel it's import to do more studies on exactly how they do (or don't) impact people.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:45 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:02 pm I do not think rap music or video games make people commit mass murder.
"make"? Probably not.
Contribute in what way?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:07 pm
"make"? Probably not.
Contribute in what way?
3 more pages, minimum
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The point is to list ANYTHING that ANYONE has EVER listed as a possible reason, and then compare what the differences are between the different countries.

I listed all these things that are the same. What differences can you come up with?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

wasn't this a copycat "ish" from an attack in New Zealand?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 pm wasn't this a copycat "ish" from an attack in New Zealand?
Qusdahl says yer so close!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"make"? Probably not.
Contribute in what way?
I'll let you do the research in regards to how music and video games might contribute/play a role.
Plenty of things for you to read.
Let me help you get started on your search.

First, check and see how many rappers themselves got murdered - and why.
Then, while of course it wasn't "rap" music that influenced him, how did Helter Skelter influence Charles Manson? Moving on from him and forgetting about someone such as Cody Lutz (for him it was heavy metal), there are multiple murderers who say music played a role in their actions.

Check this out, while they didn't murder the cops - they attempted to.
While on patrol in July 1992, two Las Vegas police officers were ambushed and shot by four juvenile delinquents who boasted that Ice-T's Cop Killer gave them a sense of duty and purpose, to get even with "a fucking pig." The juveniles continued to sing its lyrics when apprehended.

https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/view ... ei-redir=1

As far as video games, start out with researching Anders Behring Breivik. The guy who stated that he played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as a means of shooting practice. Then maybe read about people such as Nehemiah Griego and Adam Lanza.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guarantee that there were bigger factors at play than music or games in pushing those nuts over the line
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

You're probably right but I feel it would be fucked up (and lazy) to ignore any and all factors - no matter how big or small of a role they play/ed.
Sorry, but I refuse to believe for SOME murderers that music and/or video games didn't play a role. Huge, big, small, minor, minuscule, whatever.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:52 am

"make"? Probably not.
Contribute in what way?
I'll let you do the research in regards to how music and video games might contribute/play a role.
Plenty of things for you to read.
Let me help you get started on your search.

First, check and see how many rappers themselves got murdered - and why.
Then, while of course it wasn't "rap" music that influenced him, how did Helter Skelter influence Charles Manson? Moving on from him and forgetting about someone such as Cody Lutz (for him it was heavy metal), there are multiple murderers who say music played a role in their actions.

Check this out, while they didn't murder the cops - they attempted to.
While on patrol in July 1992, two Las Vegas police officers were ambushed and shot by four juvenile delinquents who boasted that Ice-T's Cop Killer gave them a sense of duty and purpose, to get even with "a fucking pig." The juveniles continued to sing its lyrics when apprehended.

https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/view ... ei-redir=1

As far as video games, start out with researching Anders Behring Breivik. The guy who stated that he played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as a means of shooting practice. Then maybe read about people such as Nehemiah Griego and Adam Lanza.
Thank you for the genuine response.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Dr. Pepper hit the nail on the head recently about boundaries. The most recent post is on point.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:09 am
TDub wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 pm wasn't this a copycat "ish" from an attack in New Zealand?
Qusdahl says yer so close!
was it not?
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The terrorist wrote that he studied the New Zealand attack. Both were live streamed.