Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

Hope so. There are some guys that Matheny doesn't trust. Weird that way. Speaking of weird. A little weirded out by the the talking box of shit in the Cologuard commercials. Eating, roasting hotdogs. Hanging with the family camping. Sitting on the food chest. Eck.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hudler "Santana's (hitting .090) swing looks a little long." You know what is too long? His freaking career. Why the Hell is he still on an MLB roster? Slow. Not great defense. .090.

Other frustration:
Matheny can sure strand runners. Singer did not get called up today as two other marginal players did. Did not challenge a bad call at second either. Why would the umps give KC anything. Wimpy manager
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Nobody posting in the Royals thread says all you need to know. Matheny and Eldred need to go. Moore is on my list with some bad bad moves too. Soler could have been re-signed at a discount last year. The pen is just awful. Santana is still playing. Blew another six run lead today. It is a freaking trainwreck with a lot of great prospects.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m not watching or listening to this anymore.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We are on pace for 56 wins which would be our worst season since 2005.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Time to let go of Dayton and Matheny. I think JJ Piccolo deserves some years. But maybe time to clean house.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:08 am Time to let go of Dayton and Matheny. I think JJ Piccolo deserves some years. But maybe time to clean house.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Worst team in baseball with no hope by Memorial Day. Clean house and DFA Santana. This is Trey Hillman bad.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think that Moore has become the worst of it. His ego is preventing him from seeing just what a dumpster fire he created. Pratto not being up and .050 sloth reaction Santana still being with the team is criminal. The pitching has been mishandled epically. Matheny was the wrong guy. He has pulled a Charlie Weis and Moore let him do it. Cleveland has a pen built on free agents who still had career options. Watching Santana blow bases loaded opportunities and let a ball go by him on a double play dig was my last straw Monday.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yay. Just awful. Matheny.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Worst in the league.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I can't watch the Royals on the teevee since I'm on Sling. Haven't watched a game in 2 years. Guess I'm not missing anything. Outta sight, outta mind. With the Royals being so bad and a lot of people unable to watch them on the teevee, they are going to lose a lot of fans.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They keep putting them on the "free" streaming services. Today it is an unwatchable homer Toronto broadcast. Pisses me off I can't even get the local crew. MLB TV keeps damaging the brand. Not worth the cost.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:13 pm They keep putting them on the "free" streaming services. Today it is an unwatchable homer Toronto broadcast. Pisses me off I can't even get the local crew. MLB TV keeps damaging the brand. Not worth the cost.
Yeah, but I don't have the time or energy to look up what streaming service the game "might" be on, especially when they aren't good.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The ball is intermittently dead this year. There were three balls absolutely hammered by the Royals that didn't leave the park yesterday and today. Salvy mashed one and went into the homerun trot and was held to a single off the wall. The Yankees seem to have a different batch.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kraemer for Baltimore could not get breaking balls over. Only fastballs. So. The Royals can't hit the fastball.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Oakland's defense and fanbase made me feel better last night.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lorenzo DFA'd, retirement likely.

Obligatory:

https://youtu.be/zKBOHGfpIm4
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lo Cain!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A team employing a .185 hitting Santana has room for his run to retirement.