Deleted User 863

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:52 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:45 pm

And don’t forget, it’s by a “wide margin”

-mich
How come you guys haven't moved to the better countries yet?
You pay ALL my expenses and I'll move to another more desirable (to me) country. Deal?
Please don't tell me you're another person who refuses to admit this country is an absolute shithole in many ways - including but not limited to the gun fiasco.
This country has plenty of problems. Gun violence is one of the biggest.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:52 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:45 pm

And don’t forget, it’s by a “wide margin”

-mich
How come you guys haven't moved to the better countries yet?
You pay ALL my expenses and I'll move to another more desirable (to me) country. Deal?
Please don't tell me you're another person who refuses to admit this country is an absolute shithole in many ways - including but not limited to the gun fiasco.
little baby troll is a magahead.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:54 pm little baby troll is a magahead.
How original!

Never change big guy!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Glad I clicked on this
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

“Greatest country on Earth, by a WIDE margin”

-mich
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Stole this but it’s a decent summarization.

Sometimes it seems like the USA is a 3rd world country that hides its true colors by dressing nicely, lives in nice homes and drives nice cars. But our actions show that more we are that of a 3rd world country.

Obviously a bit of a stretch, but it’s truly a disheartening time to be a US citizen.

Just sad. Angry. Helpless because of who we have as “leaders”
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

But we have “thoughts and prayers” so we’re good!
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The NRA is having its convention in Houston next week.
shindig

Post by shindig »

19 children dead, 2 adults. This country is messed up. 18 year old shooter had an AR15 and high capacity hand gun, mostly likely a beretta or glock. How does an 18 year old buy a high capacity assault rifle and the bigger question, why are these even being made?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Because some loan officer for farms in downstate Illinois who plays 9 holes while smoking pot and who argues to argue thinks this is okay
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

shindig wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 am 19 children dead, 2 adults. This country is messed up. 18 year old shooter had an AR15 and high capacity hand gun, mostly likely a beretta or glock. How does an 18 year old buy a high capacity assault rifle and the bigger question, why are these even being made?
I cannot for the life of me understand why the country as a collective feels like average, everyday, run of the mill citizens should have unchecked access to military-grade firearms. These types of guns are made for one purpose: to kill as many people as quickly and efficiently as possible. That's why they are used in the military. Now I know the answer is money and the gun lobby. And I also understand that when you say something like this, the don't touch my guns people just argue semantics about what an AR-15 is or whatever. But whatever. There's no reason why we can't have some type of common sense process where people should have to prove they are proficient and competent enough to own a firearm. Geezus.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yep, you can't buy a Busch Light until you are 21, but sure, we'll sell you an AR...that's 'Merica.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Leawood wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:55 am Because some loan officer for farms in downstate Illinois who plays 9 holes while smoking pot and who argues to argue thinks this is okay
Yep
Deleted User 863

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:56 am
shindig wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 am 19 children dead, 2 adults. This country is messed up. 18 year old shooter had an AR15 and high capacity hand gun, mostly likely a beretta or glock. How does an 18 year old buy a high capacity assault rifle and the bigger question, why are these even being made?
I cannot for the life of me understand why the country as a collective feels like average, everyday, run of the mill citizens should have unchecked access to military-grade firearms. These types of guns are made for one purpose: to kill as many people as quickly and efficiently as possible. That's why they are used in the military. Now I know the answer is money and the gun lobby. And I also understand that when you say something like this, the don't touch my guns people just argue semantics about what an AR-15 is or whatever. But whatever. There's no reason why we can't have some type of common sense process where people should have to prove they are proficient and competent enough to own a firearm. Geezus.
90% of our country wants stricter gun laws.

Our politicians won't do anything because they aren't in politics to represent the citizens of our country. They are in politics because it's a lucrative business that is making them rich.

It's fucked up. And it extends beyond just guns.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:12 am
Leawood wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:55 am Because some loan officer for farms in downstate Illinois who plays 9 holes while smoking pot and who argues to argue thinks this is okay
Yep
Nobody thinks "this" is ok.

And if that was an attempt at making fun of me it was a terrible effort.

I am not a loan officer.
I don't smoke pot.
I don't own guns.
I rarely play just 9 holes. Or 9 hole courses in general.

And regular citizens have no ability to change any gun laws.

We've got plenty of money for various things. We need stricter gun laws. And unfortunately we need armed police at every school (which will also cause other problems, but will help stop so many kids from dying when these inevitably happen).
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Wed May 25, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

Bully culture in schools also doesn't help. And they learn it from their shitty parents.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

There was an armed guard at the Buffalo Tops grocery store. A 56 year old retired Cop. He landed a shot. How did that work out?

Are we putting armed forces at every church/mosque entrance and night club too?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 am There was an armed guard at the Buffalo Tops grocery store. A 56 year old retired Cop. He landed a shot. How did that work out?

There were armed police officers who engaged the shooter at this elementary school as well. It stopped nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uvald ... index.html

"As he tried to enter the school, the gunman was engaged by school district police officers but got into the building and opened fire, Estrada told CNN. "
Deleted User 863

DrPepper wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 am
Schools should come 1st in my opinion.