Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:56 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:50 pm
It sounds like many/most of them would vote for funding to help make schools more secure, as well as for funding to have security at schools and training for that security.
And do nothing to get to the root of the problem. Yeah, more money for gun manufacturers, more dead kids.
So since the Dems don't get exactly what they want they do nothing to help. It's gun control or NOTHING, even though they know they don't have the votes for gun bans or any sort of significant new gun laws right now. So dumb.

Glad my kid's school district already has 1 entry/multiple exit buildings, with locked doors that require buzzer entry w/ camera, and the admin office has interior/exterior cameras and overlooks the front door, and the local police already sit at the school during the day rather than clocking people for speeding tickets or eating donuts at the gas station because most of their kids go there.
Man, just when I was sure you couldn’t say anything more stupid, you go and double down
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Overlander wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:11 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:56 pm

And do nothing to get to the root of the problem. Yeah, more money for gun manufacturers, more dead kids.
So since the Dems don't get exactly what they want they do nothing to help. It's gun control or NOTHING, even though they know they don't have the votes for gun bans or any sort of significant new gun laws right now. So dumb.

Glad my kid's school district already has 1 entry/multiple exit buildings, with locked doors that require buzzer entry w/ camera, and the admin office has interior/exterior cameras and overlooks the front door, and the local police already sit at the school during the day rather than clocking people for speeding tickets or eating donuts at the gas station because most of their kids go there.
Man, just when I was sure you couldn’t say anything more stupid, you go and double down
What OTHER measures are the Dems willing to vote for outside of ONLY gun control? They KNOW Pubs aren't going to vote for more gun control, so they just do NOTHING?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

How many Republicans will vote for more funding for schools? Illy gets dumber by the day.

And this still does jack shit to get to the root of the problem.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:18 pm How many Republicans will vote for more funding for schools? Illy gets dumber by the day.

And this still does jack shit to get to the root of the problem.
There is no 100% quick fix. Stop pretending background checks and/or gun bans are the ONLY thing that needs to be done. MULTIPLE things to be done.

I agree gun control is a HUGE part of it. But they don't have the votes. So just take the ball and go home?
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:18 pm Illy gets dumber by the day.
There's some of that good old fashioned bully culture Americans love so much.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:11 pm
Hey, some more good old fashioned bully culture! Looky there.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

When you spout stupid, you get called stupid.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

On.

And on

And on.

Good luck on wordle in the morning 99.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:25 pm When you spout stupid, you get called stupid.
He knows what he is doing.

Sad
Deleted User 863

Speaking of root cause. Another root cause of these incidents almost always seems to be the victims being relentlessly bullied at school.

Merica.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Is anyone really surprised that these pro gun nuts are a bunch of cowards?
Deleted User 863

Are you insinuating that all law enforcement are gun nuts?

So just to recap:
People with trucks have small penises.
People in law enforcement are gun nuts/cowards.

Can't wait to learn what is next!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:22 am Are you insinuating that all law enforcement are gun nuts?

So just to recap:

You know Cascadia is an asshole. Yet you say something to provoke him. He's going to come at you. And then you're going to whine about being bullied.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Seems Abbott is backing out of his appearance at the NRA convention. Seems he knows how bad it looks to support guns over kids.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:21 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:22 am Are you insinuating that all law enforcement are gun nuts?

So just to recap:

You know Cascadia is an asshole. Yet you say something to provoke him. He's going to come at you. And then you're going to whine about being bullied.
I am not whining about being bullied.

My parents taught me not to bully, and to stand up to bullies, whether they are bullying me or someone else.

I simply pointed out the bully culture that exists in our country, and coincidentally also on this messageboard. I am sure I have been guilty of it at times too. We are almost all guilty of being unnecessarily rude/mean at one time or another. Especially as kids.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:16 am Seems Abbott is backing out of his appearance at the NRA convention. Seems he knows how bad it looks to support guns over kids.
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2022/0 ... tributions

"Abbott has received more than $20,000 in contributions from gun rights groups with most of that coming from the NRA and the Texas State Rifle Association.

In June 2021, multiple members of NRA leadership – embattled NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre and NRA president Carolyn Meadows — joined Abbott for a special bill signing ceremony for House Bill 1927, NRA-backed legislation that allows Texans to carry handguns for self-defense without a license from the state so long as they don’t have a criminal history."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A friend of the shooter said that he wasn't bullied. But he was an animal torturer.
Don't inject Lysol.