Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:49 am I think racial bias takes a back seat when the assault rifle's blasting. More than anything I think cops were shitting their pants scared.

what blows my mind is that among like 80 of them on the scene, there isn't a single badass. You'd think at least one among the bunch might have ran in there all amped up on that kinda Dirty Harry machismo cops pride themselves on the rest time, but nope.

Maybe there IS some question of whether/at what point a cop should or shouldn't have to run into such a dangerous situation with such a high likelihood of risk. But now, we're also weighing that against whether it's appropriate for cops to concede a whole classroom full of kids as collateral damage
Yep. Again, fucking cowards
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

could you imagine firefighters nervously standing around outside a burning building and being like, "no way man, it looks hot in there"
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Rather than immediately breach the classroom and engage with the gunman, McCraw said the commander — who he later identified as the school district's chief of police — decided that, "There was time to retrieve the keys, and wait for a tactical team with the equipment to go ahead and breach the door and take on the subject."

Waited for keys. Cowards.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Who is reporting this? I haven't seen anything on it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:58 am could you imagine firefighters nervously standing around outside a burning building and being like, "no way man, it looks hot in there"
Is the building full of affluent white people or POC?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:36 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:14 am
JFC.

Please stop.
I think there IS some question of why cops are so much more likely to use deadly force when a victim is unarmed.
So much more likely? False.

Do you know how many interactions there are every single day with unarmed people and law enforcement? Thousands upon thousands upon thousands.
lulz?

https://www.facebook.com/uvaldepd/photo ... 1887/?_rdr
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also, Uvalde spends 40% of its budget on police.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:13 pm also, Uvalde spends 40% of its budget on police.
*spent

Relatedly, I don't think the City of Uvalde, Texas will be insurable for quite some time.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:36 am

I think there IS some question of why cops are so much more likely to use deadly force when a victim is unarmed.

Do you know how many interactions there are every single day with unarmed people and law enforcement? Thousands upon thousands upon thousands.
lulz?

Do you think the majority of deadly interactions with police occur with armed or unarmed victims?

Do you think the majority of interactions with police occurs with armed or unarmed people?

Do the math. Your comment is false.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri May 27, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:07 pm
Who is reporting this? I haven't seen anything on it.
yeah, I've just seen some shit on the tweeter about it, so who knows, grain of salt with that one.

it could be some innocuous technical hiccup, or it could be some strategic or tactical move. or just some twitter rumor, but at least that chick has a blue check mark next to her name, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:18 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:12 pm

lulz?

Do you think the majority of deadly interactions with police occur with armed or unarmed victims?

Do you think the majority of interactions with police occurs with armed or unarmed people?

not sure where you're trying to go with this, but it seems strawman-y.

I thought even you might catch the irony of these cops bragging about familiarizing their swat team with the local school layouts.

Do the math. Your comment is false.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, I think that got edited as I quoted.

what is false about my comment?

and what comment? "lulz?"
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:13 pm also, Uvalde spends 40% of its budget on police.
Do your own research from time to time.
https://www.uvaldetx.gov/government/cit ... hp#outer-9

Dig into the numbers. How many people are employed by the police department/animal control? Is it reasonable that it accounts for that much due to the size of the dept compared to other depts being paid for?
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri May 27, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:21 pm

what is false about my comment?
You said deadly police encounters are more likely to occur with unarmed individuals rather than armed individuals.

That's false. And stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so will like, the DoJ get involved here or something?

Every second of this shitshow will surely be scrutinized, right? And there's gotta be plenty of police dispatch audio? And prob even security cams at the school?

just what the fuck were the cops doing during the 14 minutes between the first 911 call and actually showing up, as the shooter apparently opened fire outside; during the 40 minutes between showing up and actually going into the school; and the time from once they finally went in to the shooter being neutralized?

you know, besides brutalizing the concerned parents.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:49 am I think racial bias takes a back seat when the assault rifle's blasting. More than anything I think cops were shitting their pants scared.

what blows my mind is that among like 80 of them on the scene, there isn't a single badass. You'd think at least one among the bunch might have ran in there all amped up on that kinda Dirty Harry machismo cops pride themselves on the rest time, but nope.

Maybe there IS some question of whether/at what point a cop should or shouldn't have to run into such a dangerous situation with such a high likelihood of risk. But now, we're also weighing that against whether it's appropriate for cops to concede a whole classroom full of kids as collateral.
Are you paying attention to the news at all?

They thought it moved from an active shooter situation to a barricaded subject situation. There were cops in the hallways and other classrooms evacuating kids. They weren't all hiding in the parking lot.

They admitted today they made a mistake and they should have immediately breached the door because it should have still been considered an active shooter situation.
There were 19 law enforcement folks in the hall outside the shooter's room. Nineteen. Standing around waiting. That's while 10 year olds were calling 911 and begging them to send someone to rescue them. For 40 minutes.

You're the one not paying attention.
Don't inject Lysol.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

seahawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:35 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:53 am

Maybe there IS some question of whether/at what point a cop should or shouldn't have to run into such a dangerous situation with such a high likelihood of risk. But now, we're also weighing that against whether it's appropriate for cops to concede a whole classroom full of kids as collateral.
Are you paying attention to the news at all?

They thought it moved from an active shooter situation to a barricaded subject situation. There were cops in the hallways and other classrooms evacuating kids. They weren't all hiding in the parking lot.

They admitted today they made a mistake and they should have immediately breached the door because it should have still been considered an active shooter situation.
There were 19 law enforcement folks in the hall outside the shooter's room. Nineteen. Standing around waiting. That's while 10 year olds were calling 911 and begging them to send someone to rescue them. For 40 minutes.

You're the one not paying attention.
I don't know exactly what we'll find out, but I'm guessing there are some pretty ugly things that have not yet found sunlight.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 pm so will like, the DoJ get involved here or something?

Every second of this shitshow will surely be scrutinized, right? And there's gotta be plenty of police dispatch audio? And prob even security cams at the school?

just what the fuck were the cops doing during the 14 minutes between the first 911 call and actually showing up, as the shooter apparently opened fire outside; during the 40 minutes between showing up and actually going into the school; and the time from once they finally went in to the shooter being neutralized?

If you were watching the news conference on all the main tv stations that was just on you'd know a lot of the answers to those questions.

They had a guy reading each phone call to 911. Minute by minute. Trying not to cry.

They even said the commander in charge made a mistake by not ordering them to breach the barricaded room sooner. Said he was incorrect to consider it at that point a barricaded subject situation rather than an active shooter situation.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 pm so will like, the DoJ get involved here or something?

You already said it. Shitting their pants