Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Deleted User 863 »

zsn wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:08 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:35 pm The NRA only has 5 million members.

Trump received 74.2 million votes in the 2020 election.
Have you read “What’s the matter with Kansas?”
No. Been too busy reading "what's the matter with Illinois".

EDIT: didn't know that was an actual book!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:35 pm The NRA only has 5 million members.

illy doesn’t read
Deleted User 863

Cascadia has read every book ever written. He's a super genius.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Holy moly,. read this thread and the follow up posts.

https://twitter.com/LynzforCongress/sta ... 2472979458

Her follow up posts on the people and organizations involved are a who's-who of conservative Missouri politics. Scary stuff.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:11 pm

Although it was written in the early 2000s it is still very relevant as the phenomenon described in the book has only gotten more entrenched. It talks about how much the Republicans convinced the masses to essentially vote against their self-interests, based on perceived grievances - we now know it as “owning the libs”! It’s not unlike the refusal to wear a mask because that’s what the liberals want them to do! The elected representatives don’t want to want to vote for ANY gun-reform because that’s what the liberals want.

You really should read it - I’m sure the local library has a copy…….assuming that the local Republicans haven’t burned it down!!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

zsn wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:23 pm

Although it was written in the early 2000s it is still very relevant as the phenomenon described in the book has only gotten more entrenched. It talks about how much the Republicans convinced the masses to essentially vote against their self-interests, based on perceived grievances - we now know it as “owning the libs”! It’s not unlike the refusal to wear a mask because that’s what the liberals want them to do! The elected representatives don’t want to want to vote for ANY gun-reform because that’s what the liberals want.

You really should read it - I’m sure the local library has a copy…….assuming that the local Republicans haven’t burned it down!!
Illy doesn’t read.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:02 pm
zsn wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:23 pm

Illy doesn’t read.
I am beginning to think you have some form of autism. Definitely on the spectrum.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

classy

glad some parents do so well in teaching their kids not to bully
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Illy at the halftime on the National Championship game: “Congratulations to KU on a fine season.”

Attention whore who argues to argue rather than do his job as a farm loan appraiser.
Deleted User 863

Leawood wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:49 am Illy at the halftime on the National Championship game: “Congratulations to KU on a fine season.”

Attention whore who argues to argue rather than do his job as a farm loan appraiser.
Eh.

It was a great season either way. I was trying to provide some positive vibes while 80% of the board was on suicide watch. We were losing when I posted that. We won. You're welcome.

And I do most residential and commercial RE appraisals. Maybe 10% Ag RE. I live in a city of 115k-ish, not some small town.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:25 am classy

glad some parents do so well in teaching their kids not to bully
My parents taught me to stand up to wannabe bullies like Cascadia. I teach my kids similar, AND to be nice to everyone (or at least try). Thankfully they behave a lot better than me.

That wasn't bullying or an insult. That was an honest assessment. It would be hard for someone to participate in a messageboard who is unable to read.

Not surprising you run to Cascadia's defense. Peas in a pod. You must be in your fishermans gear today! 🎣🎣🎣
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Anyone have any recommended reading on how civil wars start and what one should do to prepare? I do not intend to defend myself with a gun so should I leave the country? Should I go down with a sinking ship? Stick up for my ideals? Fight with my voice? Just hope for the second coming? Or see what life is like as an immigrant? I feel like a sitting duck, but there are so many good places I could go and work and live if I leave now.
Deleted User 863

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:08 am Anyone have any recommended reading on how civil wars start and what one should do to prepare? I do not intend to defend myself with a gun so should I leave the country? Should I go down with a sinking ship? Stick up for my ideals? Fight with my voice? Just hope for the second coming? Or see what life is like as an immigrant? I feel like a sitting duck, but there are so many good places I could go and work and live if I leave now.
If you don't plan to defend yourself if (when) the next civil war starts then yes, I would recommend leaving before it is too late. If not to another country, Hawaii might be a decent spot.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

As we have seen the various law enforcement groups surrounding Uvalde falsify, confuse, skip, and demolish the truth this past week.... it makes me wonder what it must be like to live your whole life surrounded by law enforcement that falsifies, confuses, skips, and demolishes the truth when around you. I wonder if this is what it must be like to live as poor and dark skinned.
Anyone watch Frontline last night about George Floyd (what we know now). If they had come out, from the get go, and said a cop and screwed up rather than hiding it and reworking stories to rationalize it, then I don't know if those riots would have happened. I don't know that it matters. People were sick and tired of being treated worse than dogs. Their riots brought attention to some bad shit. It was a bad incidence at the right time for a country that sorely needed an awakening to some issues. But we have other threads for that.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:14 am
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:08 am Anyone have any recommended reading on how civil wars start and what one should do to prepare? I do not intend to defend myself with a gun so should I leave the country? Should I go down with a sinking ship? Stick up for my ideals? Fight with my voice? Just hope for the second coming? Or see what life is like as an immigrant? I feel like a sitting duck, but there are so many good places I could go and work and live if I leave now.
If you don't plan to defend yourself if (when) the next civil war starts then yes, I would recommend leaving before it is too late. If not to another country, Hawaii might be a decent spot.
Explain yourself. Shit ton of guns in Hawaii. I am from KS. What do I know about living in the tropics. Really expensive tropics too. A tiny island? Naw, I like resources that I know how to use.
Deleted User 863

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:23 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:14 am
Explain yourself. Shit ton of guns in Hawaii. I am from KS. What do I know about living in the tropics. Really expensive tropics too. A tiny island? Naw, I like resources that I know how to use.
Hawaii has the 4th least registered guns in the United States. Vermont Rhode Island and Delaware have less, but they're surrounded by states with LOTS of guns.

Hawaii is also in the bottom 4 of gun deaths.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am it makes me wonder what it must be like to live your whole life surrounded by law enforcement
if you are living your whole life surrounded by law enforcement, you may want to consider making some changes.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:59 am
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am it makes me wonder what it must be like to live your whole life surrounded by law enforcement
if you are living your whole life surrounded by law enforcement, you may want to consider making some changes.
I was referring to being a kid. What is a kid supposed to do? Run away from home to get away from law enforcement at your school, driving down your street, etc. Sorry, but not all folx were allowed to have the generational wealth that allowed your white ass to go to college and live in the burbs. If you are a teenager, driving while black to work, you might encounter law enforcement pulling you over. You might just be walking down the street and you might just fit the description even though you have a law degree and are outside a Starbucks in a nice suit.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:24 pm You might just be walking down the street and you might just fit the description even though you have a law degree and are outside a Starbucks in a nice suit.
i did not know that law enforcement was harassing lawyers at starbucks. i'm sorry. i didn't know.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:44 pm
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:24 pm You might just be walking down the street and you might just fit the description even though you have a law degree and are outside a Starbucks in a nice suit.
i did not know that law enforcement was harassing lawyers at starbucks. i'm sorry. i didn't know.
Please stop acting stupid.
Defense. Rebounds.