Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by NDballer13 »

To be fair, about 10% of possessions would be more often than I think, lol. They are the best defensive team in the league for a reason. I just never associated that reason being Tatum locking up the other teams primary option. I would assume that duty would belong to Smart and then Brown next.

Just like I don't think anyone will say Curry is a better defender than Wiggins just because he has a better "defensive rating".
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tatum is a better defender than Curry but Curry has significantly improved his defense this season.
And regarding that 10% comment, guess you didn't watch Tatum shut down Durant to open the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/HoopsEmpire_/status ... e-floor%2F
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

They definitely don't "hide" Tatum.

I still give the edge to Wiggins because of his length and athleticism. Not that Tatum is a slouch in either of those categories himself.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wiggins has one inch on Tatum in wingspan but Tatum has one inch on Wiggins in height.
I'll agree Wiggins is more athletic for sure.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:08 pm Wiggins has one inch on Tatum in wingspan but Tatum has one inch on Wiggins in height.
I'll agree Wiggins is more athletic for sure.
Standing reach is likely nearly identical then I assume?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Illy needs a light bulb changed
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:53 pm Tatum is a better defender than Curry but Curry has significantly improved his defense this season.
And regarding that 10% comment, guess you didn't watch Tatum shut down Durant to open the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/HoopsEmpire_/status ... e-floor%2F
Must have. And maybe I'm misunderstanding those numbers. But 60 minutes over the course of 18 games isn't very much time, lol.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:14 pm Illy needs a light bulb changed
Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:40 pm Troll
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:51 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:22 am
pdub wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:53 am This season makes me believe they'll keep him.
Ramps up his defense. Makes All Star team.
Kerr, Steph and Dray love the dude.
The only thing preventing it is that his salary cap hit is as much as Jokic and Embiid. Hard to pay a guy the same amount as #1 and #2 in the MVP race to be your 4th best player.
Wiggins is easily the 2nd best player on that team at this point
what happened to all the haters from a couple weeks ago when I was telling you wiggins is the 2nd best player on the warriors? once again, another example of a time when randy was right
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:22 am

The only thing preventing it is that his salary cap hit is as much as Jokic and Embiid. Hard to pay a guy the same amount as #1 and #2 in the MVP race to be your 4th best player.
what happened to all the haters from a couple weeks ago when I was telling you wiggins is the 2nd best player on the warriors? once again, another example of a time when randy was right
I don't think there are many, if any, Wiggins "haters" around here.

I still consider him the 4th best player on the Warriors.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Then you've lost you damn mind. He had 17 and 16 in the NBA finals. While guarding the other teams best player and holding him to 3/10

Wiggs guarded Luka last series and Tatum this. While scoring decent but playing great defense and rebounding at a high level. Steph is their best player. Wiggins is next.

Draymond has been awful, klay won't ever be the player he was before injury, and Poole can't really do much more than score and pass a little
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:07 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:03 pm

I still consider him the 4th best player on the Warriors.
This is true
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Based on how they are playing right now, I think 2-5 is open for debate
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Yes, currently based on performance and the “value” to the team it’s

Curry

Poole/Wiggs

Klay

Draymond
Looney

Klay is reducing the gap
Deleted User 863

Are we just going off of game 4?

Klay was better than Wiggins in game 3.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

“I was getting dressed, Steph was getting dressed, I think Wiggs was getting ready to shower and Raymond [Ridder] walks over and he’s like, ‘Yeah man, it’s your most rebounds in any game, your highest before that was 11.’ Obviously, Steph isn’t going to say it so I’m always left to say it, but he immediately thought the same thing I thought,” Green shared, via NBC Sports.

“Steph looked up, and I said ‘Wow, Wiggs, that’s incredible, 16 rebounds, but we must tell you how pathetic that is that your previous high was only 11 rebounds’ and Wiggs said ‘I know, man.’ ‘But forget that, you got it done tonight brother! When we needed it the most and it was absolutely amazing.'”

"Wiggins also reminded the world why he’s nicknamed “Two-way Wiggs” after holding Celtics star Jayson Tatum to 23 points on 23 shots.
And Wiggins has been Tatum’s worst nightmare all series long. He has been the primary defender on Tatum in the Finals and according to the NBA’s matchup data, has been matched up with Tatum for about 32 minutes, limiting him to 34 points on 13-of-39 shooting from the field".

Not too sure how people choose to interpret this interaction he's having with Iggy (and Curry and Kerr) but I take it to be a sign of mutual respect.

https://twitter.com/PGCbasketball/statu ... 7686603784
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wiggins looking really good again early in game 5
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:29 pm Are we just going off of game 4?

Klay was better than Wiggins in game 3.
Wiggins is a much better athlete rebounder and defender than klay. Wiggins is making an impact all over the court
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m like so totally excited to be watching a 2-1 Oregon State pitching battle instead.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:58 pm Yes, currently based on performance and the “value” to the team it’s

Curry

Poole/Wiggs

Klay

Draymond
Looney

Klay is reducing the gap
Yall got poole wayyyy over rated cause he scores. Wiggins is a far superior specimen. Bigger longer more athletic. Multi position. Can guard bigs or guards, rotate over on defense, block shots, rebound at a high level

Poole can't do any of that shit. There is so much more to basketball than just scoring