Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Many do choose not to participate in it, and some have also completely left the site because if it....and the ones who have left seem to have largely been ran off by politics only posters.....which is kind of shitty (or at least that's how some people feel)..

I'll continue making the politics board great again by being a hard right trumpaloo! Enjoy.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Every village needs an idiot.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Geezer wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:24 pm Every village needs an idiot.
just ignore him
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It would be excellent if our elected officials could multi-task. Like say run down your political opponent AND run the country's business AND move it forward all at the same time. Sadly all they can manage at once is run down their political opponent.

Our elected officials $*ck.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The republicans $*ck because all they know is they have to keep a campaign promise...build a wall. The democrats $*ck because all they know is they can't allow the president to keep a campaign promise...build a wall.

To heck with the folks.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:44 am A bunch of woke white people crying racism over things clearly not racist.

Hilarious. Woke white people stealing the real issues surrounding racism and centering it on themselves as they see fit. Gross.
Just a reminder that the person who was shocked by the outburst was a hispanic congressman of Mexican heritage, not a white person. And no one here spazzed out about racism. They just responded to your spazz out.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:54 pm Just a reminder that the person who was shocked by the outburst was a hispanic congressman of Mexican heritage, not a white person.
No fucking shit mr. reading comprehension.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:44 am A bunch of woke white people crying racism over things clearly not racist.

Hilarious. Woke white people stealing the real issues surrounding racism and centering it on themselves as they see fit. Gross.
So who is this "bunch of white people crying racism"? Good lord. So dramatic. One congressperson said thay he hoped no one would do or say anything with any whiff of racism around it after the week they've had dealing with this King issue. Thats it. And you went on yet another multipage bender in response. Your constant faux outrage is exhausting.
Deleted User 75

You have terrible comprehension skills.

Why are you trying to do this 10 hours and 500 posts later? When nobody was even talking directly to you about anything.

Have a good night. I'm not fucking with you. LOL
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:11 am Illie, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Why don't you see what % of your posts in this forum are about Politics, and what % have more to do with the other posters here. I'll take "other posters" for $420 dollars, Alex.

tia.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

y’all just need to quit being woke
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Trump set to make "major announcement" about the travesty at the southern border tomorrow.

Constitutional crisis dead ahead.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:31 pm The republicans $*ck because all they know is they have to keep a campaign promise...build a wall. The democrats $*ck because all they know is they can't allow the president to keep a campaign promise...build a wall.

To heck with the folks.
You left out one important aspect of said campaign promise. If said promiser had secured funding from Mexico as he promised we wouldn’t be having this discussion. So the Democrats are indeed allowing Trump to keep his promises; in fact they are demanding that he does keep the promise.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:58 pm Trump set to make "major announcement" about the travesty at the southern border tomorrow.

I'm left wondering what the putz couldn't tell us yesterday that had to wait until today.
What scares me a whole lot more than the "illegals" we must build a fence to keep out.... are the asshole whack jobs who were born in this country and have lived here all their lives who continue to be loyal to Trump as if he is some freaking Jim Jones clone.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gutter wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:58 pm Trump set to make "major announcement" about the travesty at the southern border tomorrow.

I'm left wondering what the putz couldn't tell us yesterday that had to wait until today.
What scares me a whole lot more than the "illegals" we must build a fence to keep out.... are the asshole whack jobs who were born in this country and have lived here all their lives who continue to be loyal to Trump as if he is some freaking Jim Jones clone.
^^^^^
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Headline: "Master Negotiator Strikes Deal With Family Members and his Lap Dog"
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Dems counter Trump's ridiculous proposal with this. Pelosi's statement: "What is original in the President’s proposal is not good. What is good in the proposal is not original. Democrats will vote next week to add additional border security funding for ports of entry, advanced technology for scanning vehicles for drugs & immigration judges."

An additional billion or so towards increased security and technology at ports of entry and for additional immigration judges. AKA a good use of the money.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:09 pm
kubandalum wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Do pray tell how The Wall prevents people overstaying a visa? First, by virtue of them possessing a visa and the stay permitted thereof they entered the country legally. I thought The Wall was to prevent illegal entry????????? Try fact-based arguments!

BTW, thanks for considering me a hero.....my path from a student visa to a skilled worker to permanent residency and eventually citizenship was (relatively) straighforward. The trouble was collecting all the documents and remembering the dates I was out of the country! Well that, and applying and getting accepted into grad school from outside the country, at a time when everything had to be done by relying on the postal system of two countries. None of that rises to anything remotely heroic.
Still a hero to me for actually wanting to become an American and doing it the right way. A good friend of mine who fled Iran was so proud the day he received his American passport. Another fled Vietnam by stealing a helicopter after the fall of Saigon. Also have naturalized-citizen friends from the Philippines, Democratic Republic of the Congo (Zaire), Mexico, and Armenia.
How's that even possible! Aren't you scared of all those brown people?

:-o

;-)
One I met when I was a child and a much older sibling met him at KU. He returned to KU to get his PhD when I was there. The rest I met over a period of decades in my job, some when I lived in Texas, and some when I’d travel to locations in California to work. Two of them once took me to a Persian restaurant in Burbank. The one from Africa got his citizenship in the last 8 or 10 years. The one from Vietnam spent some years in France before coming to the U.S. I’ve often heard that there’s a years-long waiting list to do it legally.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 pm
kubandalum wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:18 am So, let's figure out a way that the acceptable white people who've overstayed their visas can get special status, because after all...they're white.
Had this quote and Geezer’s combined in my head when I answered about visa overstays. They’re both the same thought: “Racism, racism, racism...”

I consider supporters of illegal immigration to be spitting on those who do it the hard way.
who supports illiegal immigration? do tell...
The vehemence of the opposition alone convinces me of it. Pelosi has actually called the wall “immoral.” What else can that mean? If stopping illegal immigration is “racist,” what else can that mean?

Those now opposed didn’t seem to mind that the government promised border security as long the government reneged on those promises. Now that we might actually get it, look at how vehement the opposition is.

You want a “technological” solution? That’s only a small part of it. The barrier is the most important part. If you put security cameras on your home, does that mean you no longer need to lock your doors?

The amount requested is equivalent to a rounding error in the federal budget. What advantage do the security deniers get by opposing it?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke