Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:16 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:29 pm Are we just going off of game 4?

Klay was better than Wiggins in game 3.
Wiggins is a much better athlete rebounder and defender than klay. Wiggins is making an impact all over the court
Wiggins has been the 2nd best GS player in this Finals. His impact guarding Tatum has been huge.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Wiggins has absolutely been their 2nd best player in this series. Maybe/probably the entire playoffs.

But I still rank them

Steph
Klay
Dray
Wigs
Poole

Wiggins time is coming where he will jump Dray and eventually Klay. Wiggins benefits a lot from those guys (which isn't a knock). He is not capable of being a #1 on a championship team imo. But as a piece, in the right culture/environment, he's thriving in his role as defensive stopper.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:08 pm Wiggins has absolutely been their 2nd best player in this series. Maybe/probably the entire playoffs.

But I still rank them

Steph
Klay
Dray
Wigs
Poole

Wiggins time is coming where he will jump Dray and eventually Klay. Wiggins benefits a lot from those guys (which isn't a knock). He is not capable of being a #1 on a championship team imo. But as a piece, in the right culture/environment, he's thriving in his role as defensive stopper.
Why? Because you are thinking of the player that Thompson used to be? Him and Green are aging and Wiggins is blossoming.

Wiggins is obviously the 2nd best player on this team and that gap will continue to grow moving forward
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:11 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:08 pm Wiggins has absolutely been their 2nd best player in this series. Maybe/probably the entire playoffs.

But I still rank them

Steph
Klay
Dray
Wigs
Poole

Why? Because you are thinking of the player that Thompson used to be? Him and Green are aging and Wiggins is blossoming.

Wiggins is obviously the 2nd best player on this team and that gap will continue to grow moving forward
Klay is not nearly as washed up as you keep implying.

Since he returned he has games of: 41pts, 38pts, 37pts, 36pts, and 33pts 2x.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yes klay can still shoot but hes a big step slower than he used to me. Theres so much more to basketball than scoring
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wiggs dub dub

dude still needs to attack more tho
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:04 pm
dude still needs to attack more tho
He's taken almost 20 shots. He's attacking plenty.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea maybe.

I missed most of the game cuz I had to watch the goddamn beavs baseball instead.

Wiggs hit a shot and the announcers said, "that's the first time Wiggs attacked the basket this half."

but right on cue, Wiggs just attacked and scored again
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Wiggins a monster tonight
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:16 pm yea maybe.

I missed most of the game cuz I had to watch the goddamn beavs baseball instead.

Wiggs hit a shot and the announcers said, "that's the first time Wiggs attacked the basket this half."

but right on cue, Wiggs just attacked and scored again
You and beaver fever only have 1 TV?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what, now you expect me to buy TVs for my imaginary friends too?
Deleted User 863

Just unsure how 1 grown man watching a college baseball game prevents another grown man from watching the NBA finals.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Wiggins is definitely the best player on the floor tonite
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

watch Maple Jordan fuck around and get finals MVP
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:30 pm Wiggins is definitely the best player on the floor tonite
Considering situation, best game of his career.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Love it. Wiggins has been fantastic.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:31 pm watch Maple Jordan fuck around and get finals MVP
LOL

I know you’ve been busy watching oregon state baseball but steph curry had 34pts in game 1, 29pts game 2, 31pts game 3, and 43pts in game 4.

There are only 2 possible MVPs in this series. Curry or Tatum.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Curry and Wiggins combined to shoot 0-15 from 3 and GS won by 10. Crazy
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:36 pm Curry and Wiggins combined to shoot 0-15 from 3 and GS won by 10. Crazy
Wiggins outside shots and free throws seem like they hit the rim so hard. Not a very soft shooting touch.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

Things seem to be peaking for KU in many ways. With the Elite pros we have and the recent ‘ship. Maybe we can rattle off few years of even greater success.

Hard to believe it’s possible after being a fan during the greatest period in our program’s history.