Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:25 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:52 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:24 pmsigh
You sound old and tired
You know why that is, dontcha?
I told you that those "testosterone booster" pills wouldn't do anything.

And NO; buying the Chinese version that has a hint of freeze dried tiger dick powder in it isn't going to make the difference.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there’s the problem…tiger dick instead of rhino horn
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It worked for John Tuttuto in The Night Of.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Supposedly Arizona, Arizona St., Utah, & Colorado are going to talk with some officials from the Big XII tomorrow.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 pm Supposedly Arizona, Arizona St., Utah, & Colorado are going to talk with some officials from the Big XII tomorrow.
As they should. If you want eyes on your team, you have to move conferences. Nobody going to watch late, late Pac12 games with USC or UCLA involved.

I’m genuinely curious if they leave to come to Big 12. What a whirlwind this has been for a year now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remember when Cascadia wanted KU to join the PAC 12?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

tryin to go 4-corners
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:40 am Remember when Cascadia wanted KU to join the PAC 12?
That didn't age well.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:17 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 pm Supposedly Arizona, Arizona St., Utah, & Colorado are going to talk with some officials from the Big XII tomorrow.
As they should. If you want eyes on your team, you have to move conferences. Nobody going to watch late, late Pac12 games with USC or UCLA involved.

I’m genuinely curious if they leave to come to Big 12. What a whirlwind this has been for a year now.
that's a good point about late games too.

how many Rutgers fans are gonna stay up to watch that game at UCLA that tips off at like 8pm pacific time on a Tuesday in January?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:34 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:17 pm

that's a good point about late games too.

how many Rutgers fans are gonna stay up to watch that game at UCLA that tips off at like 8pm pacific time on a Tuesday in January?
None of this is about basketball.

The conference schedule makers will make sure those are afternoon (football) games or times that work for both sides.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Defix and I have already started making our plans for road trips from the Empire to Boulder for KU vs CU games when the conferences merge. I like this plan.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

beav and I tried to do that last winter but shit got cancelled like an hour before tip
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:40 am Remember when Cascadia wanted KU to join the PAC 12?
Sure, but that included USC, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma and one more. Not really the same as today.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am Defix and I have already started making our plans for road trips from the Empire to Boulder for KU vs CU games when the conferences merge. I like this plan.
Plenty of Tiger Dick in Boulder.

Bring me some back?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Will need to move quickly. Pac-12 Board of Directors just sent a mandate for the conference to negotiate new media deal immediately. If you're Arizona, Washington, Oregon, etc., I'm not sure how you make any type of move with that pending.

Regardless, USC/UCLA leaving was the 2nd best thing that could have happened for KU. No matter where it ends up, and still always holding out hope for Big 10, KU in great shape if Big 12 adds Pac-12 schools.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:28 pm
Will need to move quickly. Pac-12 Board of Directors just sent a mandate for the conference to negotiate new media deal immediately. If you're Arizona, Washington, Oregon, etc., I'm not sure how you make any type of move with that pending.

Regardless, USC/UCLA leaving was the 2nd best thing that could have happened for KU. No matter where it ends up, and still always holding out hope for Big 10, KU in great shape if Big 12 adds Pac-12 schools.
1. I think the Pac 12 starting negotiations on their new media deal could be telling as to whether or not there is a mass exodus to join the Big 12. They can start gathering information right away on how much media companies are willing to pay and if they don't like the numbers they are getting back, then those teams like the Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado would jump at the chance to get out of there.

2. I am still confident KU is in great shape like you said. The Big 12 is in a good spot to strengthen their position as #3 behind the Big 10 and SEC. Think about this: if the Big 10 knows it wants KU then they know KU would jump whenever the Big 10 lays down that offer. So why would they worry about adding KU right now? Secure your other big pieces like Notre Dame or whoever. If the Big 10 is interested in adding KU and knows KU will join if invited, then you can sit on that for now.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:18 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am Defix and I have already started making our plans for road trips from the Empire to Boulder for KU vs CU games when the conferences merge. I like this plan.
Plenty of Tiger Dick in Boulder.

Bring me some back?
Not sure about the supply of tiger dick, but there is cheesedick aplenty from what I hear. Do you want one bushel or two?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KU
ksu
isu
wvu
cincy
byu
bu
tech
tcu
houston
ucf
okie lite

plus
‘zona
asu
cu
utah
oregon
washington

east-west divisions, of 9 a piece?

pac schools, plus okie light, byu and tech?