Bums

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Bums

Post by ousdahl »

Is it just me or are there more beggars on the streets these days?
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Bums

Post by KUTradition »

thanks, joe
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I felt like the number of wanna be trout bums kind of peaked about 5 years after the movie "A River Runs Through It" came out. I feel like it has dissipated recently but maybe that is covid and maybe it's because I only fish the small creeks now.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:12 pm Is it just me or are there more beggars on the streets these days?
Don't know about the rest of the country but in Chicago there seems to be a lot more seemingly homeless people with blatant/obvious mental problems.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There are 3 or 4 on every street corner here.
Defense. Rebounds.