Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by pdub »

A LOT of Kentucky folks and MIZZOU folks joined on up.
So technically, yea, good job, good post.

Also, look, I got DC back defending the SEC and slavery!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:05 am A LOT of Kentucky folks and MIZZOU folks joined on up.
So technically, yea, good job, good post.

Also, look, I got DC back defending historical accuracy!
IJHTHDC
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Celebrate Southern Heritage!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm just playin.
It's good to see you DC.
Wish you'd post more often.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what am I missing here?

why not just give it to us all nice and rational, CoyDC!

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They were slave states but technically, when the Confederacy broke off, they didn't join.
They were like, OK, we want slaves, for sure, but we wanna see how this whole thing plays out first.

There was also that whole Quantrill, let's attack while everyone is asleep and massacre unarmed civilians in Lawrence Kansas, thing, but hey, MIZZOU and Kentucky are great - they should be the reason we should join the SEC!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ah.

so the argument is "they're not actually slave states just cuz they want slaves"

giggle.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't think you all have to worry about it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I technically wasn't correct if I was intending the state, as an entity, and not as a large group of people in that state, which were both slave states, fought in the Civil War for slavery.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:50 pm ah.

so the argument is "they're not actually slave states just cuz they want slaves"

giggle.
https://www.middlecreek.org/kentuckys-r ... civil-war/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

thanks, twocoach.

glad you're just here to help.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:59 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 pmnot gonna lie…this feeds into perception

as does their states’ stances on reproductive rights

those are the states, generally, that are rated lowest in education and healthcare outcomes
So . . . in other words, the state of Kansas would fit right in?
kind of?

kansas is near the top in higher education, but middling in K-12

it depends on which specific health outcome/metric, but generally kansas is just in the bottom half…low30s (but nowhere near the likes of louisiana, alabama or arkansas)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
shindig

Post by shindig »

Doubt the SEC is interested in KU, they are a football powerhouse and KU would be lucky to win a single game (besides a few Non-Con games and that's not guaranteed as we all know sadly )....buy hey, that's kind of how it is in Big 12, so who knows. We would be buried at the bottom for an eternity in football and probably come in 1 or 2 in basketball.

If the Big12 can poach 4 teams from the PAC 12, I think it puts the Big12 in a pretty good position. I'm more concerned that the PAC 12 is going to go after BYU and maybe Houston and a few other schools in the West like San Diego State and possibly Utah St, or even Ok St or Tech.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The Big 12 is sitting pretty right now with what they have added and what they are looking to add. Right now, they are in a position of power and their members don't need to be crossing their fingers hoping someone else lets them in. The PAC 12 is crumbling and their members are the ones looking to join the SEC. Big 10 or Big 12 and the ACC will be in the same boat if Notre Dame or a different power team leaves them.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The reality is, if football is driving the alignments, the PAC remainders should hop on board if they can. Quite a disparity in success.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The Big 12 is not sitting pretty and is not in any position of power. KU needs to get out of this trash heap as soon as possible.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:59 am The Big 12 is not sitting pretty and is not in any position of power.
Agree. At least at the moment.

The PAC falling apart could help the big 12....but it also presents a possible death blow if they steal a few of our programs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:59 am The Big 12 is not sitting pretty and is not in any position of power. KU needs to get out of this trash heap as soon as possible.
They distributed a record payout last year and add 4 new schools next year. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if they added at least two more Pac12 schools in either Colorado and Utah or Arizona and Arizona State. It doesn't feel like the Big 12 is a sellers market like the Pac12 and ACC and their current members seem committed to sticking together.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:37 am
Cascadia wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:59 am The Big 12 is not sitting pretty and is not in any position of power. KU needs to get out of this trash heap as soon as possible.
They distributed a record payout last year and add 4 new schools next year. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if they added at least two more Pac12 schools in either Colorado and Utah or Arizona and Arizona State. It doesn't feel like the Big 12 is a sellers market like the Pac12 and ACC and their current members seem committed to sticking together.
lol, losing UT and OU is a huge negative and isn’t even remotely replaced by the 4 trash programs we’re adding
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:57 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:37 am
lol, losing UT and OU is a huge negative and isn’t even remotely replaced by the 4 trash programs we’re adding
OK, we'll disagree here. No worries.