Site Admin

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by pdub »

Good lord.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:55 am Is judicial activism more acceptable if you agree with the outcome?

Is it about process or outcome?
Seriously? This is like saying it’s a great refereeing only if the team you support won, or vice versa. You can have a horribly officiated game regardless of whether your team wins. Certain things just are. Whether you agree with the outcome or not. It’s not like theocracy is good as long it’s your religion who is doing the “-cracy”.

It seems like only the progressives are complaining about judicial activism because it’s the right wing hacks who have been activists since Citizens United. They have been tearing away at all norms. This what the puppet masters of the Republican Party paid for and bought.

Now they are basking in their successes. It’s really telling that you don’t find it disturbing that the hacks on the SCOTUS don’t believe in States rights to regulate guns but believe in it to regulate women’s health care. They believe in Legislative prerogative for some things but not others. Don’t know how else one defines Judicial Activism.

I would certainly call out if/when there is activism from the other side. However, we’ll be waiting for a while because one side still believes in fairness and decency and has some consideration for the betterment of fellow humans.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

zsn wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:47 pm It’s really telling that you don’t find it disturbing that the hacks on the SCOTUS don’t believe in States rights to regulate guns but believe in it to regulate women’s health care.
I do find it disturbing.
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:47 pm Don’t know how else one defines Judicial Activism.

However, we’ll be waiting for a while because one side still believes in fairness and decency and has some consideration for the betterment of fellow humans.
I agree there is judicial activism going on when a lot of the time it shakes out 6-3.

The judicial activism would be going the exact opposite way had HRClinton been elected in 2016.

What a colossal fuck up by the Dems. One most of us will be seeing the impact from for the vast majority of the rest of our lives.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:42 pm
zsn wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:47 pm Don’t know how else one defines Judicial Activism.

However, we’ll be waiting for a while because one side still believes in fairness and decency and has some consideration for the betterment of fellow humans.
I agree there is judicial activism going on when a lot of the time it shakes out 6-3.

The judicial activism would be going the exact opposite way had HRClinton been elected in 2016.

What a colossal fuck up by the Dems. One most of us will be seeing the impact from for the vast majority of the rest of our lives.
Seriously doubt that HRC would have packed the court with sexual assaulters and casting out of Handmaid’s Tale.

However, I do agree on the colossal fuck up part. We can also thank the Bernie Bros and Vladimir Putin.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

did the Bernie Bros fuck up HRC, or was it the other way around?
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:42 pm

Seriously doubt that HRC would have packed the court with sexual assaulters and casting out of Handmaid’s Tale.
I don't think she would have done that either, but I do think these votes would be going significantly different with her picks in there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

another iteration has an additional wave labeled “Biodiversity Collapse”, but the two seem too connected to separate
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i mean, i’d imagine Da Vinci would approve given the cause
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

highest temps ever…ever…recorded in the UK

first ever severe heat warning there

nbd
Deleted User 863

Adapt and overcome. Species have been doing it for millions of years. Humans will be no different.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Except the clear method to adapting is right in front of our faces but a bunch of morans don't think it's real/a big deal.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:06 am Except the clear method to adapting is right in front of our faces
give me your cliff notes version.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Curb emissions.
Reduce waste.
Conserve water.
Farm responsibly.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

hot damn!

I LOVE it when Pdub goes full Qusdahl!

(besides just in the NCAA thread)

but speaking of full Qusdahl, the big obstacle to your cliff notes is, how are the sociopaths who run the world still gonna profit off of it?

and if they can't profit off of it, then how do we systemically overhaul the world to value responsibility and conservation over excess and consumption?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

alot of us are doing alot of that right now. so we are off to a good start.