I love Joe Manchin

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

I love Joe Manchin

Post by dolomite »

We have a President that claims he cannot control things like the price of gasoline. And yet one Senator can control an entire climate strategy? Maybe we have the wrong man as President.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 95d5f038a3
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
MICHHAWK

Re: I love Joe Manchin

Post by MICHHAWK »

the climate strategy takes a back seat when gas is 5 bucks a gallon. groceries are too expensive. inflation is running wild. crime is out of control. etc etc etc.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

as that one person so eloquently put it "i can't concern myself with the climate when i cannot afford to put gas in the tank and feed my family."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Interesting that a man whose family makes millions of dollars every year on coal kills a bill to help slow climate change.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:08 pm the climate strategy takes a back seat when gas is 5 bucks a gallon. groceries are too expensive. inflation is running wild. crime is out of control. etc etc etc.
willfully ignorant to the fact that this is a global problem, not just confined to the US

maybe you should get a better job of you can no longer afford your lifestyle
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dolomite wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:55 pm We have a President that claims he cannot control things like the price of gasoline. And yet one Senator can control an entire climate strategy? Maybe we have the wrong man as President.

what, exactly, can biden do to “control” the price of gas?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:08 pm the climate strategy takes a back seat when gas is 5 bucks a gallon. groceries are too expensive. inflation is running wild. crime is out of control. etc etc etc.
plus border immigration, Corona virus mutating, mass shootings, the Putin problem, abortion arguments(which nobody can win), drug overdosing, forest fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, January 6th hearings, time wasted, did I leave anything out?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:12 pm
dolomite wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:55 pm We have a President that claims he cannot control things like the price of gasoline. And yet one Senator can control an entire climate strategy? Maybe we have the wrong man as President.

He won't do anything.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:19 pm Interesting that a man whose family makes millions of dollars every year on coal kills a bill to help slow climate change.
^^^^^Yes this. Manchin is a wholly owned subsidiary of Big Coal. These guys are like the last ones chaining themselves to the equipment in a buggy whip or typewriter factory. Manchin could really help refocus the jobs in his state, away from coal mining. But no! He’s making too much money from coal mining that he is focusing on his nose tip instead of the hand.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

dolomite wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:56 pm

He won't do anything.
Really? Do you think/believe he hasn't done "anything"? If so, you're wrong.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dolomite wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:56 pm

He won't do anything.
thanks for not answering the question, clown
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…advocates around the world expressed alarm about how an absence of U.S. leadership could undermine the push to avoid catastrophic warming of Earth’s atmosphere...

seems like i’ve been making this argument for years

sigh…
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:13 pm …advocates around the world expressed alarm about how an absence of U.S. leadership could undermine the push to avoid catastrophic warming of Earth’s atmosphere...

seems like i’ve been making this argument for years

sigh…
Yes you and John Kerry, among others.

It can be depressing, although I think Manchin might realize that addressing climate change and the action against it could be an exercise in futility. It's such an uphill battle,(nothing wrong with trying)
Days left till the end of oil ~40 years
Days left till the end of coal 400 years. China and India are biggest users of coal.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yep, you’re right

we should do nothing and just keep raping the natural world, to our own detriment, in order to earn a buck

clown
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

History will remember Manchin, re. environment the same way we remember Strom Thurmond re. Civil Rights. As the last barrier to progress
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 pm yep, you’re right

we should do nothing and just keep raping the natural world, to our own detriment, in order to earn a buck

clown
I’m not against trying to battle climate change in order to slow down global warming. But there are so many variables involved I’m not optimistic the goal of 1.5 degree C can actually be achieved by the actions of humans. I think eventually the earth will cool down in spite of what we humans do. So bring on all the efforts of fighting climate change, just try not to bring down the economy while doing it. ( Re Joe Manchin)
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 pm yep, you’re right

clown
that's not what he said at all

clown
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it must suck, going through life not being smart enough to come up with your own material
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

how original
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:16 pm how original
lol
Taylor Sheridan