Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I've been making the effort to use the term "jabroni" in everyday convo more
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:20 pm Doesn't look like fun.

https://twitter.com/EverestToday/status ... 8819232768

there was another one in Italy, but some of the hikers weren’t so lucky

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... yrgyzstan/
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This makes me sad. These kids probably don't have a chance. How are they going to sit in a classroom and learn anything?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

they're lucky they didn't get shot

what's the context here, anyway?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:27 am
This makes me sad. These kids probably don't have a chance. How are they going to sit in a classroom and learn anything?
Makes me sad too. My hope is he beats the odds and becomes a productive and successful member of society.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Youngest kid got herself a real job and is ready to move out. Mrs. 99 is doing a lot of research for her finding a place and stuff. Out of the blue Mrs. 99 turns to me and we have the following conversation.

Mrs. 99: Wow, there's a lot of free couches available in Lexington. The students must be moving out of their apartments.

99: Nah, UK had a bad year and lost in the 1st round.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol

So is there more burnt furniture when they go on a deep run but still come short, rather than an early exit?

I guess that makes sense. More people are more committed to the later games.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Fewer games= more couches apparently.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ah. in a more games = more couches burnt kinda way. so the correlation is more to winning than loosing.

man, committed fans.

the only time I ever remember seeing furniture burnt in Lawrence was after the UK game in 2012. Not on Mass tho, like 13 and Ohio ish. All blurry wandering around the student ghettos, couldn't miss it in the middle of the street. Big long wicker patio couch thing. Went right up quick. I don't mean to condone, but the time felt pretty appropriate.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man. So I volunteered to be the admin of this local charity banquet auction. I say "admin" cuz most of the auction was administered on a website, and registering on the site was a requisite to bid in the auction. It was supposed to make the process easier.

Little did I know, that also meant being the IT support for 200 random boomers.

what a fucking disaster.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not only do food delivery workers face higher rates of death on the job than cops, they do a better job of saving children than them.<a href="https://t.co/MMqEKK3jUO">https://t.co/M ... </p>&mdash; 🇾🇪kids are still in cages🇾🇪 (@antiwarjosh) <a href="https://twitter.com/antiwarjosh/status/ ... Etfw">July 19, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

not exactly apples and apples. But it makes a point.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:25 pm https://twitter.com/antiwarjosh/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

not exactly apples and apples. But it makes a point.
Some people are naturally wired to look out for others. Other people are naturally wired to just look out for themselves. The latter should not enter professions where their job requirement is to serve others but unfortunately, many do. The world is full of people working jobs they aren't naturally inclined to be good at.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Today's (actually last night's) edition of USA 2022.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/ ... 9355297792
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man. So all my college buds had a reunion in Branson LOL what a goofy place.

Including my senior year girlfriend. Curvy little blue eyed brunette, libido like a goddamn rabbit, and an incredibly charismatic person, at least most of the time.

The prob was, she could also sometimes just randomly flip a switch and be the most stuck up self-centered little brat you’ve ever encountered. Also, as wonderfully horny as she was; perhaps precisely because of how wonderfully horny as she was, she had issues with monogamy. In large part cuz of that shit, I just never took her that seriously.

But man, did she take me seriously. Like all in, if it was up to her we prob woulda got married. She was always way more into me than I was into her. The last several months of dating were little more than booty call status, even though she’s dropping L-bombs and trying to make life plans together. I always had the upper hand, and I just didn’t wanna put up with her bullshit.

We’ve only seen each other twice since college. Once was at a mutual friend’s wedding a while back, and long story short, game on.

Then, we see each other in Branson. And, what in the actual fuck, she’s MARRIED to some other dood now? What the fuck do you mean I’m no longer the center of your universe? I suddenly have to make this conscious effort to not hit on her any more wtf.

The hardest part is, she’s put on a little weight. But, in what could have only happened through some black magic deal with the devil, I swear to god it somehow all went straight to her tits.

She was always well endowed, but now she’s prancing around with this massive pair of supernatural gravity-defying warlocks that I’m not even allowed to motorboat any more wtf. I even have to take extra care to not get caught staring.

And she never once went into brat mode, either. Just spreading the charm on thick, all weekend long.

Don't get me wrong, I’m happy for her! And her husband. I really do wish them both the best.

But never in a million years did I think she and her big perky juggalos would ever have any kind of upper hand on me.

Guess I’m just I feeling pretty ego bruised.

Anywho so how was your guys’s weekend?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Better than yours solely just because I didn't go to Branson.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Did you at least fish Taneycomo?