Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
Cascadia

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:01 pm I am of the opinion that Magic looked a lot better because holy fuck did he have some guys to pass to
Which is why he’s behind Bird imo
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kareem was kinda older with Magic but yea, top 5 guy helps for sure.

McHale, Parish, Archibald, Walton, Dennis Johnson—ain’t bad.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Magic the greatest PG ever?

you sure?

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Lost one of the GOATs today...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:53 pm Lost one of the GOATs today...
BR is the ultimate champion.

In 21 winner take all games, he went 21-0.

Not sure where he ranks, but if the subjective awards existed back when he played, we'd probably think differently of him. Wilt's legacy is so much related to how good BR was.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lived a long successful active and meaningful life.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

A legend and one of the most significant players in history. Seemed like a good dude as well. RIP indeed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

His daughter wrote this....

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I find this somewhat interesting. I can't find any "public"/"Social media" comments from "The Chosen One" / "The King". I wonder why.

https://twitter.com/Jumpman23/status/15 ... 6543651840

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/1553824118637821955
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I find this somewhat interesting. I can't find any "public"/"Social media" comments from "The Chosen One" / "The King". I wonder why."

Rent free.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:32 am "I find this somewhat interesting. I can't find any "public"/"Social media" comments from "The Chosen One" / "The King". I wonder why."

Rent free.

Rent free? I'll appease you and say - sure but I'm hardly the only person who noticed and found it interesting/strange that he (and/or his "people") posts A LOT of things on social media and then when one of the NBA GOATs died he had no desire to acknowledge it and pay him respect.
That being said, it's 100% possible he reached out to the Russell family in private. My hope is he did.

Well, at least you're in good company. Between you and Illy I've been getting abused for posting my thoughts/feelings/opinions the past 24 hours. ;)

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You do you Gutman
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

LeBron posts something - Man I wish he would shut up!
LeBron doesn't post anything - How com LeBron hasn't said anything yet?!

Sure, I can agree it's odd he hasn't publicly said anything, but at the same time it's really odd that only his haters would be the ones to make Bill Russell's death an issue about LeBron. Literally anything to say how terrible he is, lol.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I follow a lot of NBA players on social media. Many of them didn't make posts about BRs death.

Was LeBron close with BR?

What if LeBron reached out privately to the family of BR to send his sympathies?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 am LeBron posts something - Man I wish he would shut up!
LeBron doesn't post anything - How com LeBron hasn't said anything yet?!

Sure, I can agree it's odd he hasn't publicly said anything, but at the same time it's really odd that only his haters would be the ones to make Bill Russell's death an issue about LeBron. Literally anything to say how terrible he is, lol.
You realize that you basically supported my "argument". Right?
First off, I in NO WAY said nor meant to imply I felt LeBron was "terrible" for not acknowledging BR's death.
For a guy who loves attention, I was a bit surprised he didn't feel a desire to publicly pay his respects to a man that was considered one of the greatest to play the game. That's all. You and others want to assume and make something else about my feelings, cool.

One question. How many LeBron "haters" that you know paid for and own his Olympic Jersey, have paid to see HIM play, own multiple pairs of his shoes - that they wear, have taken photos of him, etc.?
I don't "hate" LeBron. I hate very few people. Sure, I absolutely do find what I feel to be justifiable fault/s with him, just as I find fault/s with my mother - who I love more than anyone else in the world.
I have given LeBron praise at times too. No doubt I feel the man very well may be the best to have ever played the game. He's typically (but not always) a good man off the court and has my admiration for many things he has done and continues to do. No, I don't "love" LeBron but I sure as heck don't hate him.

P.S. I have ridiculed Michael Jordan for various things too. He's probably a worse guy than LeBron and maybe was not as good of a basketball player as LeBron either.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:38 am I follow a lot of NBA players on social media. Many of them didn't make posts about BRs death.

Was LeBron close with BR?

What if LeBron reached out privately to the family of BR to send his sympathies?
A lot of NBA players haven't been the face of the league nor considered the GOAT.

Was Lebron "Close" with BR? Probably not. Did they respect each other? Absolutely.
Both have said as such.

Yes, in one of my earlier posts I said it was 100% possible LeBron has reached out the Russell family.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rent free.