Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

Griner found guilty, sentenced to 9 years
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

NAZIS ! ! ! ! EVERYWHERE ! ! ! !
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Where?!?!?!?!!

In nato?

Yea.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 am Griner found guilty, sentenced to 9 years
Shame.

I wonder how many folks in US prisons are doing 9+ years for weed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:26 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 am Griner found guilty, sentenced to 9 years
Shame.

on one hand, i think the laws against “weed” are awful and do more harm than good

but, the law is the law…and she broke it, apparently. i find as much fault with her handlers as i do with her. did nobody know that such a thing was illegal in russia? or did they know and either just say fuck it, or think that russian security wouldn’t care?

russia is one of the last places i’d consider smuggling anything into
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, I feel sorry for Griner. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I dunno if she would be in such trouble if not for the Ukraine shit. She’s def a pawn in Russia’s game now.

But I guess it’s cool to see the US reaction be mostly that she’s being treated unfairly. Perhaps it’s…progress? For the longest time, most Mericans would have told someone caught with weed that they got what they deserved, particularly if a woman of color
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

9 years is absurd. her level of stupidity is equally absurd.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shame.

This wasn't a possession charge. This was defined as "drug smuggling with criminal intent" which is absurd.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:51 am 9 years is absurd. her level of stupidity is equally absurd.
Agreed. I wouldn't carry weed in my luggage if I was flying to a US state that allows recreational usage, let alone freaking Russia.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:11 pm
Shame.

This wasn't a possession charge. This was defined as "drug smuggling with criminal intent" which is absurd.
And is likely the least we’d do to a Russian if the circumstances were the other way around.

Like I said in the other thread, global politics is fucked
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:51 am 9 years is absurd. her level of stupidity is equally absurd.
Holy shit everybody, mich actually got something right!
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Holy shit everybody, mich actually got something right!
Lol, I admit that I read his post twice to make sure I wasn't cross-eyed.
Ain't no seats
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mich is in a good mood cuz it’s his birthday today.

Didn’t you hear?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:26 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:11 pm

Shame.

And is likely the least we’d do to a Russian if the circumstances were the other way around.

Like I said in the other thread, global politics is fucked
I would have to see evidence of some random Russian citizen being found guilty of grossly trumped up charges in the US to actually believe that is true. Feel free to provide something to support what I assume was just a flippant comment.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ll try to find some example if you’d really like.

But - do you *really* wanna bet the farm on the United States NOT being totally draconian about imprisonment, up to and including foreign nationals for nonviolent drug offenses?

Weren’t you the poster who recently started some “incarceration as revenue” kinda thread?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(Meanwhile, in the “shit that would get Qusdahl labeled as a Russian spambot if he had said it first” thread…)

https://twitter.com/amnesty/status/1555 ... k5l97u2y1g
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:47 pm I’ll try to find some example if you’d really like.

But - do you *really* wanna bet the farm on the United States NOT being totally draconian about imprisonment, up to and including foreign nationals for nonviolent drug offenses?

Weren’t you the poster who recently started some “incarceration as revenue” kinda thread?
I don't recall me making any sort of bet on the existence of such an action. I just prefer that comments with such serious implications get supported with links to evidence when possible.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:54 pm (Meanwhile, in the “shit that would get Qusdahl labeled as a Russian spambot if he had said it first” thread…)

I am glad that the world has groups such as Amnesty International doing such work to try to help keep civilians as safe as possible in areas of conflict, including inside our own country. It is vitally important work.

https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/ ... ico-border

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/press ... an-rights/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/6 ... ernational
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:54 pm (Meanwhile, in the “shit that would get Qusdahl labeled as a Russian spambot if he had said it first” thread…)

hmmm…

Oksana Pokalchuk, national Amnesty leader, said on Facebook late on Friday that the Ukrainian office has consistently noted that the information that Amnesty issued on Thursday should take into account the position of the Ukrainian defence ministry.

“As a result of this, unwittingly, the organization created material that sounded like support for Russian narratives. In an effort to protect civilians, this study became a tool of Russian propaganda,” Pokalchuk said.

“It pains me to admit it, but we disagreed with the leadership of Amnesty International on values. That’s why I decided to leave the organization,” she added.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Where’s it scarier to see?

On one hand, this page may not be as reliable as NATO. It’s some amateur who mostly posts stuff about BLM protests in Portland, which is to say, definitely more Russian propaganda.

But on the other hand, at least your and my tax dollars are less likely to be buying weapons for this guy?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg8IquWrhOi ... MyMTA2M2Y=