Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by KUTradition »

Ousie, maybe check out one of the spin-offs, which is specifically a skills challenge between 3 former contestants

it’s much lighter on “drama”

this most recent season (Labrador) did seem a bit over-dramatized, imo, because nobody ever ended up even seeing a bear (black or polar), despite that being one of the driving narratives in the intro and episode lead-ins

(sorry for the spoiler)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There be dragons this weekend. Anyone watching?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

likely
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 pm There be dragons this weekend. Anyone watching?
Yep, I'll be tuning in to check it out. Should be interesting. The names are all going to be ridiculous to remember but it sounds as good as anything else out there to watch these days.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll wait for a bit to get general reviews.
Finishing Ozark on my solo time.
Time Traveller's Wife when not.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if the house of dragons is half as good as game of thrones. it will be way better than almost everything else on the television.

of course we will be tuned in.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:06 pm Time Traveller's Wife when not.
we were disappointed in the series
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I liked the first episode enough though I don’t think it’s fair that I have to watch so much male privates and don’t get to see female privates.

Fair but equal.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:56 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 pm There be dragons this weekend. Anyone watching?
Yep, I'll be tuning in to check it out. Should be interesting. The names are all going to be ridiculous to remember but it sounds as good as anything else out there to watch these days.
I watched all of GoT and probably still only know about 1/3 of the names.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:38 pm I liked the first episode enough though I don’t think it’s fair that I have to watch so much male privates and don’t get to see female privates.

Fair but equal.
i’ve got a bit of a star crush on Rachel McAdams, so it was probably doomed with me from the start
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I did not watch the movie but yes, McAdams is chefs kiss.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

shocked the BUD didn’t force it on you

(admittedly a bit chick-flicky, but quite good imo)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

She doesn't like sci fi ( or horror or fantasy so our tv/movie preferences are quite far apart ) so i'm guessing that's why she hadn't seen the movie either.

I managed to convince her to watch this series bc I thought maaaaaybe there'd be some fun time travel theory. I dunno. Just trying to get by.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching Kelly's Heros on TCM. One of the movies I watch every time it comes on. Great fun. Caroll O'Connor cracks me up every time.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watched Dragons last night with Mrs 99. Not sure about this one.

The bad guy brother got his arse kicked in the first episode. I kept waiting for him to get up and stab the winner while he was mugging for the princess. That didn't happen so the guy that won (son of the hand guy?) will probably have a major role.

King is weak and with the thing on his back most likely kicks off in two more episodes.

Princess gonna have to go danny to keep power. Who is she going to trust. The black guy with the silver hair or the hand guy, or someone we haven't seen yet. Is she hooking up with her friend?

Bad guy reminds me of this guy:

Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:15 am Watched Dragons last night with Mrs 99. Not sure about this one.

The bad guy brother got his arse kicked in the first episode. I kept waiting for him to get up and stab the winner while he was mugging for the princess. That didn't happen so the guy that won (son of the hand guy?) will probably have a major role.

King is weak and with the thing on his back most likely kicks off in two more episodes.

Princess gonna have to go danny to keep power. Who is she going to trust. The black guy with the silver hair or the hand guy, or someone we haven't seen yet. Is she hooking up with her friend?

Bad guy reminds me of this guy:

It's all rather campy just like pretty much everything these days. But it's well produced and interesting enough to follow so I'll keep watching. Frankly, it doesn't have to be that good to be one of the better things on. At least until NFL football and then college hoops starts back up.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yeah, we'll keep watching but so far I'm not that into it. Hopefully, that changes.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Frankly, it doesn't have to be that good to be one of the better things on."

Ted Lasso. Succession. Ozark. Alone. Squid Game. Stranger Things. Mare of Easttown. Barry. The Peacemaker. The Staircase. Midnight Mass ( though the ending kinda was a letdown ). Hacks. The Marvelous Ms. Maivel.

I think there's just so much content that the really good stuff gets undervalued.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I re-started Better Call Saul last night. Might try to binge it in time to see the finale in real time.

Wait, did that already just happen?
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'm in a rut for sure. Can't seem to find anything I like recently. Don't have HBO Max, tired of paying for extra apps all the time. Had Peacock (sucked, cancelled), have Paramount + (sucks, probably cancel) and then Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sling. Same shit always pops up as "trending". And I feel like I spend more time looking for something to watch and then I just settle on some random documentary.