Mahomie

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

Not sure why you defend someone who is awful at his job but ok.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:58 pm Sorry, but a team shouldn't always have to score 30 to win. It's Suttons defense that constantly gives up long 3rd downs.

Yeah, can't argue against that. Seems we can't strike the perfect balance of defense and explosive offense.

I was steamed a few minutes ago. Brady didn't even play all that well today (2 interceptions, and almost 3), but just good enough to get the win (and some obvious calls in his favor). The only mistake I think we made with our offense was scoring too fast and leaving 2 minutes on the clock. With the way our defense was playing, I didn't think that was wise. But then, it all came down to a coin flip and our bad defense. Sudden death thing needs to go. Why not just have a 5 minute quarter if they are worried about the players getting hurt?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Take the Pats.
They dont have overwhelmingly better defensive talent.
Hell you could say our dline is far better than theirs.

But they know how to scheme.
Sutton puts his players into the worst positions and runs the worst calls at the worst times.
And his players dont tackle. Whether you blame that on the players or practicing bad techniques, doesnt matter, hes responsible.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OT should be college rules.
Its great drama.
And no ties.
Deleted User 104

Their offensive line was great. I give them credit for that. Brady was untouched (aside from that roughing the passer shoulder touch).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pats have one of the best if not the best olines.
Brady takes a paycut to make sure of that.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

The Royals losing game 7 was way worse than this to me, because I never thought I'd see them in the Series again anytime soon. I fully expect Mahomes to lead them here many times in the future
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs needed a corner who could handle one on one man. Say perhaps a corner who is in the superbowl. Sure hope next years 2nd ( basically 3rd ) is worth it.

Also lord we needed Kareem Hunt.
NE had zero fear of broken tackles
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:45 pm The Royals losing game 7 was way worse than this to me, because I never thought I'd see them in the Series again anytime soon. I fully expect Mahomes to lead them here many times in the future
Should be true if the organization doesnt totally fuck things up.

Lets not pull a Cavs here.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mellinger mentioned Dan Marino tonight when talking about possibilities under Mahomes. Which, I think is pretty fucking cruel to chiefs fans.

I don't think Chiefs can even purposely not get one with Mahomes. I mean, the Packers tried like hell to completely fuck up the Rodgers tenure and they still got one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CnB is like a squirmy closeted gutter when it comes to the KC Chiefs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NFL OT Rules:
Walk off homer in the top of the 10th.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

At least the Jayhawks have taught me how to deal with season enders like this.
kcmokufan

Post by kcmokufan »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 pm At least the Jayhawks have taught me how to deal with season enders like this.
Damn bruh...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

kcmokufan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:41 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 pm At least the Jayhawks have taught me how to deal with season enders like this.
Damn bruh...
Tonight won't be the last kick in the nads of 2019 for this KU/KC fan. I wish this was a rare feeling but it's not.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Hopefully Andy fires Sutton and Les hires him to be our OC
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

vmlb wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:49 pm Hopefully Andy fires Sutton and Les hires him to be our OC
Zero way you let a DC back on your staff that finished last in just about every regular season defensive statistical category and then followed that song swan up by giving up 564 yards in a home playoff game. Did the offense play perfect? No it sure didn’t but in the end it played well enough to win but against an elite QB when you need just one stop it failed just like every Chiefs fan knew it would.
Maybe it is just the genius of Brady but he knew everything that Sutton was going to do. Knew to check out of every defensive look. It was like the Chiefs defensive staff didn’t do anything.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 104

Apparently Brady spoke with Mahomes after the game in private. I imagine Brady knows what we all know in that Mahomes has the potential to be next the Brady.

As frustrating as tonight was, at least the Chiefs dynasty is starting and the Patriots is beginning to end. Gotta hold onto Mahomes and pay him well because guys like him come around once every 15 years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 pm
lobster wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:47 pm Were we really "offsides" on that play where Brady was picked off for the 3rd time?
Yes
Lost to history will be that the Pats’ LT was arguably lined up illegally (being way too far back from the line of scrimmage), causing Ford to line up in the neutral zone.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that’s not an accident, and that nor was the official’s noticing this at a crucial time.

To be clear, what I’m saying is that Belichick set, and then sprung, a trap.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Maybe Ford's offsides moment will be equivalent to Gordon's triple to the wall moment the year the Royals lost to the Giants. So close yet not quite enough. Maybe KC will now spend the entire offseason obsessed with getting the rest of the way there.

Fix our offensive line. Fix our defense. Fix Berry's foot. Come back and win it all next year. Fingers crossed.