F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: F the NCAA

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:04 pm did anything happen when bananas were thrown on the court back in ‘78?

or, in response to various shenanigans carried out by misery’s crew (can’t remember their name)?
The old whataboutism.

Other people do it too!

Shocker. Defending BYUs racist fans. 🙄
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

goddamn you’re dumb

nobody defended anything. i was citing those examples to see what evidence of precedence there might be for the NCAA (rather than the institution) taking action

get over yourself
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Wait, the NCAA follows precendence suddenly?

LOL

Fuck those BYU fans and anyone who supports those racist weirdos.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You keep saying "fans" (plural). I have heard and read it was just one fan. Was it more than one?
If it was, shame on each and every one of them.
I still don't know what the NCAA could/should do about it. Other than tell BYU they want THEM to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Forgetting that, and in a not funny sophomoric manner I am going to ask, are you surprised no BYU fan/s chanted to the BYU AD when he addressed them the next evening - "You're a Holmoe".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Yes. Fans. If the volleyball player could hear it then so could the people in the crowd. Nobody did anything to stop it.

Fuck BYU. Fuck their racist fans.

The NCAA could do a number of things. I think a good start would be no fans allowed at the next volleyball home game.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:16 pm Yes. Fans. If the volleyball player could hear it then so could the people in the crowd. Nobody did anything to stop it.

Fuck BYU. Fuck their racist fans.

The NCAA could do a number of things. I think a good start would be no fans allowed at the next volleyball home game.
Not saying it wasn't (or was) more than one fan but like I said, I am yet to hear/see/read anything stating was more than one fan. Do you have a link?

I 100% agree that it was bullshit that nobody did anything to stop it.

I 100% agree fuck their racist fan/s.

I assume they do but I don't know for sure if the NCAA has the ability to ban fans from their next volleyball home game. I would think legal teams would have to get involved if BYU refused. Either way, the alleged fan has been banned by the University. That's a good start - if not the end of this.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

hoopla

Post by hoopla »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:29 pm goddamn you’re dumb

nobody defended anything. i was citing those examples to see what evidence of precedence there might be for the NCAA (rather than the institution) taking action

get over yourself
As a casual reader, your post didn’t come across in the way you describe here, fwiw.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

More I think about it, more I agree with illy--someone should say/do something.

I will stay consistent in wanting to get the NCAA out of governing. Maybe the Big 12 should come out strong to drive up public pressure on BYU to acknowledge the terrible response.

If the NCAA has to be involved, what I think will get their attention: threaten to ban them from hosting NCAA events. Their volleyball program is a mid-tier power.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

hoopla wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:50 pm

get over yourself
As a casual reader, your post didn’t come across in the way you describe here, fwiw.
fair enough

if i’d been talking to the stalker i woulda quoted him
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

If this isn't the type of thing the NCAA should be involved in then I don't know what is.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:02 pm

get over yourself
fair enough

i just said i was a casual reader man, no idea who the stalker is...
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

hoopla wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:07 pm

fair enough

Are you new here?
Deleted User 863

get over yourself
He was trying to defend BYU because he's a BYU weirdo. So he immediately went to the old whataboutism as if any of that other stuff makes what just happened to the Duke volleyball player any more acceptable.

It's sad. Seems the BYU volleyball coaching staff didn't really give a shit either since they were told about it multiple times and did nothing to stop it.

Over the years we've seen numerous coaches from various sports grab a microphone and tell their fans in the stands to act right.

Hell, I distinctly remember a KU fan at a regional tournament game saying something relatively stupid (not racist) and other KU fans in the immediate vicinity telling him to knock it off. Which he immediately did.

BYU fans apparently weren't too bothered. But I guess that's what you get with an 81% white university, and many of those 81% being religious whack jobs.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"But I guess that's what you get with an 81% white university, and many of those 81% being religious whack jobs".
So you are "racist" against Caucasians and Mormons. Got it. ;)
Deleted User 863

Good one gutter! Have a great Tuesday!
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Overlander wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:27 pm
hoopla wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:07 pm
fair enough

Are you new here?
no, not really. i mean, i know who gutter is...
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

This place sure has become exhausting.
Ain't no seats
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But do you know who gutter is?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Wiff wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 am This place sure has become exhausting.
It might just be that we're all getting old