Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Sparko »

You have to win games to be relevant. UT was set up in the SWC to dominate it. Losing that, they aligned the Big XII initially to dominate the South. Running off teams again, they went stupid trying to hang onto more money and a killer round robin schedule for a 10 team league. And blamed the Big XII when they were regularly torched. And, like a child, punished the rest of the conference by witholding their greatness. It was all about Texas and they failed miserably. And ran away.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A Sparko post that is down the line correct.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Sparko wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:41 pm ...UT was set up in the SWC to dominate it. Losing that, they aligned the Big XII initially to dominate the South. Running off teams again, they went stupid trying to hang onto more money and a killer round robin schedule for a 10 team league. And blamed the Big XII when they were regularly torched...t was all about Texas and they failed miserably. And ran away.

Agreed. OU will suffer as the bridesmaid, too
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Think about Nebraska too. They had a great run, more than enough cash to remain relevant, but left in a flash for the BiG as a signal to the rest of us about how great they. . . were. Nebraska could get the boot from the BiG 10 as it flashes cash. They bring the least value along with Rutgers in Nate Silver's article this week on "Tiers" of BiG 10 goodness. Everyone, especially KSU nutbags on YouTube, laugh at Kansas and the BiG. But 113 years in the AAU, worldwide recognition of basketball excellence, easily the best licensed logo in college sports, and much more potential to sustain excellence in all sports, Kansas was a far better fit than half of the teams in the BiG.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:37 am Think about Nebraska too. They had a great run, more than enough cash to remain relevant, but left in a flash for the BiG as a signal to the rest of us about how great they. . . were. Nebraska could get the boot from the BiG 10 as it flashes cash. They bring the least value along with Rutgers in Nate Silver's article this week on "Tiers" of BiG 10 goodness. Everyone, especially KSU nutbags on YouTube, laugh at Kansas and the BiG. But 113 years in the AAU, worldwide recognition of basketball excellence, easily the best licensed logo in college sports, and much more potential to sustain excellence in all sports, Kansas was a far better fit than half of the teams in the BiG.
That is completely a no. All the teams that left the Big 12 left to get away from TEXAS. Probably should have stood up to TEXAS a long time ago. We allowed our football team to become totally irrelevant at a time when it was important that it was at least middle of the pack instead of the bottom of Div 1.
Unfortunately this is on us and it maybe to late to change the future.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LOL. Nebraska left the Big XII because my father-in-law got his feelings hurt. When the Big XII formed, T.O. wanted the Nebraska-OU game to continue to be played the day after Thanksgiving and for it to be their "rivalry" game. Donnie Duncan, the AD at OU, responded, "Oklahoma already has a rival. And it's Texas."

Pops never forgot, and he never forgave. And he destroyed Nebraska football to soothe his bruised ego.

The good news is that if we join the Big 10, we can count on at least one conference win/year: Nebraska.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:32 pm LOL. Nebraska left the Big XII because my father-in-law got his feelings hurt. When the Big XII formed, T.O. wanted the Nebraska-OU game to continue to be played the day after Thanksgiving and for it to be their "rivalry" game. Donnie Duncan, the AD at OU, responded, "Oklahoma already has a rival. And it's Texas."

Pops never forgot, and he never forgave. And he destroyed Nebraska football to soothe his bruised ego.

The good news is that if we join the Big 10, we can count on at least one conference win/year: Nebraska.
dayummmmm...

DC. Bringin' the WOOD...

[ps. srsly??]
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DC is not wrong. Nebraska overplayed their hand if they ever wanted to win again IMHO.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I think his post was all abt Osborne.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:52 pm
[ps. srsly??]
The part about Osborne holding a grudge because Duncan and OU chose Texas is absolutely true.

The part about T.O. being my f-i-l hinges on Japhy's mood on any given day. Oh, and Creamcheese.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The root cause of all harm, in this world and in Greek tragedy is hubris. Every time a stupid on-side kick is lost, cornfields die.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Big 12 bringing the heat. Wants to show the Pac schools what they can potentially make as well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:27 pm Big 12 bringing the heat. Wants to show the Pac schools what they can potentially make as well.
At a minimum, I would like Colorado back in the Big12. Boulder is always a fun trip. If we could get Nebraska back as well, I'd be very happy.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Go West ---- https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... going-west

I like his aggressiveness. Interesting to see what he accomplishes.

Going West... Colorado - Arizona - Arizona St. who would the fourth be?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Utah. Utah can be a pair with both CU and BYU.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Aim higher. Why not?
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Cal - Stanford?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I wouldn't necessarily put Cal or Stanford ahead of Utah for recent sports success. More TV sets maybe.