2022-2023 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 2022-2023 Lineup

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

A lot will ride on McC's ability to run the point.

I think Dajuan is an effective piece, but also has his limitations, so inevitably will be able to play only so many minutes.

If McC's already in the lineup, sliding him over to run the offense (thus potentially freeing minutes for a scorer like Grady or Yes or maybe Rice or whatever) might be a more effective move than subbing Dajuan for a bench guy who may also struggle to score (Bobby)
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I remember the Providence coach saying they watched the tape of Jalen rebounding and pushing the ball and thinking he was faster than a lot of the point guards they played. With him, Juan, Dick, KM, and KJ playing outside/wing, I'm excited to see if they play even faster than last year. They're going to be monstrous on defense.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I'm still thinking Pettiford could be an x-factor coming off the bench or when match-ups dictate more quickness on the perimeter.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Agreed. Just gotta beat out KJ on the wing.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

would you guys say Pettiford will be better in that role than Yes?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i think we’ve seen what Yes can bring

i think we’ve only scratched the surface of Bobby’s potential

i also don’t think they are necessarily competing for the same roles or minutes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I like Yes. It's tough to say but I think Pettiford may be a little more physical.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think both Yesufu and Pettiford can show a lot more here.

Problem is if we ever actually see it. Yesufu apparently can't play on the ball, so uh, that's pretty limiting. Pettiford can't stay healthy and his shot needs a boatload of work.

We'll see what happens but they've both have been recruited over already, it seems.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Right now, I think we'd be fine with a final rotation of:

Clemence
Wilson
McCullar
Dick
Harris

Adams
Rice
Udeh

Pettiford, Yesufu, and Cuffe could go down as swings and misses. That's ok.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Seems like we have a glut of small guards.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:09 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:25 am CB and Och absolutely destroyed you. National Champs. First Round.
CB ruined Q. He hasn't been the same since. On any parts of the bored.

None of those evals were very accurate. If Moss was an NBA prospect then 97% of our scholarship players are also.
yea, rumor has it Haunkey Taunk is the one who made Qusdahl to read the Communist Manifesto.

but, come on bro, let's face it: my 2021 eval of CB was entirely too accurate. That's what pissed you guys off so much! You didn't want to acknowledge how prone he was to stinker performances featuring timid offense and getting roasted on D, cuz you were determined to luv the good keed from western KS regardless.

The only thing I was that wrong about, was that he'd develop as much as he did. But to be fair, no one else thought that either! At the end of the day, most of you roibois were just happy enough that he didn't have any ink.
1. This is a pretty damn pathetic post.

2. BofH was an arrogant, generally pig headed, mostly shitty, poster who thought he was amazing. I'm not entirely sure why you've grasped onto his styles as your go to evaluation techniques. I know I know, the laughs....but....no.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm but, come on bro, let's face it: my 2021 eval of CB was entirely too accurate. That's what pissed you guys off so much! You didn't want to acknowledge how prone he was to stinker performances featuring timid offense and getting roasted on D, cuz you were determined to luv the good keed from western KS regardless.
Doubled down on the dumb. Shocker.

I am not from Western Kansas so I am not determined to love kids from Western Kansas.

You were just wrong about pretty much every prediction you made at this time last year. CB Och JCL DMac DH Yes. Literally every single one of them. It is hard to be that wrong.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

No doubt I'm going to regret throwing my hat in this ring but: Burlington is western KS?
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:35 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:51 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:10 am
Every guy you mentioned transferred into a lesser role at KU.

McCullar is not transferring into a lesser role. Apples and oranges.
We didn't think several of those guys mentioned were transferring into the role they ended up playing in August/September of those seasons either.

I think McCullar is absolutely transferring into a different role than he had at TT. And offensively, by default, it's very likely to be a lesser role compared to his role at TT.
McCullar was the third leading scorer at Texas Tech in each of the last 2 seasons. I don't see him being less than that this season.
Jalen and Gradey are almost guaranteed to score more than him.

And there are at least 2 or 3 other guys that are capable of scoring more the McCullar this year. Scoring/shooting is the weakest part of his game.

I think 8ppg is entirely realistic floor for him this season. That'd probably put him 5th or worse in scoring.

But it's a wild guess at this point. He could play 35min a game, and then 2 or 3 of those guys could play less minutes than I anticipate, which would make 3rd leading scorer a reachable ceiling for him.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:57 pm No doubt I'm going to regret throwing my hat in this ring but: Burlington is western KS?
yea. Didn't the boreds establish this a long time ago?

anything past Iowa St is Western KS.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yea, thats another sticking point. But Q isn't great with reality...particularly once he gets his heels dug in.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:25 pm In the context of this thread:

Are we cool with Kevin getting big minutes for his D, if it’s at the expense of Gradey and his shooting?
Why would it be at the expense of Gradey? They are fully capable of playing together.

You're really bad at this.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

AlOerter wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 pm Seems like we have a glut of small guards.
With Dajuan Harris being the most playable. Hmm.

Self obviously has a great track record with those type of guys, though. We'll see how it goes.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 pm yea.

A lot will ride on McC's ability to run the point.
No it won't.

We have DH (and Yes/Bobby). And we have Jalen who also is fully capable of initiating offense in the half court.

If McCullar learns the offense fast enough to play minutes at the PG spot then that is a bonus.

Pretty much EVERYTHING with McCullar rides on his defense. Not shooting. Not playing PG. Not being 3rd leading scorer.

Keep swinging slugger!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:09 pm

CB ruined Q. He hasn't been the same since. On any parts of the bored.

None of those evals were very accurate. If Moss was an NBA prospect then 97% of our scholarship players are also.
yea, rumor has it Haunkey Taunk is the one who made Qusdahl to read the Communist Manifesto.

but, come on bro, let's face it: my 2021 eval of CB was entirely too accurate. That's what pissed you guys off so much! You didn't want to acknowledge how prone he was to stinker performances featuring timid offense and getting roasted on D, cuz you were determined to luv the good keed from western KS regardless.

The only thing I was that wrong about, was that he'd develop as much as he did. But to be fair, no one else thought that either! At the end of the day, most of you roibois were just happy enough that he didn't have any ink.
1. This is a pretty damn pathetic post.

2. BofH was an arrogant, generally pig headed, mostly shitty, poster who thought he was amazing. I'm not entirely sure why you've grasped onto his styles as your go to evaluation techniques. I know I know, the laughs....but....no.
you're a lot more fun when you aren't putting so much energy into petty personal putdowns.