Contributor

Re: Shoe Game

Post by DCHawk1 »

buy 'em
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

My shoes are more badass than most people's.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:21 pm How does anyone over 40 years old give a rat's ass about having the coolest shoes?
I wonder the same about people over 30 who are obsessed with a) comic books, b) superheroes, c) video games, and/or d) cosplay. Makes no sense to me.
Ditto
Doesn't make sense to you guys? Fair enough. Heck, I don't really get the things you listed either (and I fully admit I didn't even know what "cosplay is until I just looked it up) but to each their own and I sure as shit am not going to find fault with people who have interests and hobbies that they enjoy and don't harm anyone else - that I have no interest in.
My guess is there are things you guys are interested in and enjoy that don't make sense to other people. And? Other people are nuts and you're normal? Ok. Duly noted.

As I child, my father collected rare books and fucked around with his short wave radios. My mother gardened and enjoyed cooking/baking. I played hockey and liked to draw.
None of us were interested in each other's particular passions/hobbies.
Yet we respected each other, didn't find fault in each other's interests, and got along just fine.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:23 am
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 pm

I wonder the same about people over 30 who are obsessed with a) comic books, b) superheroes, c) video games, and/or d) cosplay. Makes no sense to me.
Ditto
Doesn't make sense to you guys? Fair enough. Heck, I don't really get the things you listed either (and I fully admit I didn't even know what "cosplay is until I just looked it up) but to each their own and I sure as shit am not going to find fault with people who have interests and hobbies that they enjoy and don't harm anyone else - that I have no interest in.
My guess is there are things you guys are interested in and enjoy that don't make sense to other people. And? Other people are nuts and you're normal? Ok. Duly noted.

As I child, my father collected rare books and fucked around with his short wave radios. My mother gardened and enjoyed cooking/baking. I played hockey and liked to draw.
Yet we respected each other, didn't find fault in each other's interests, and got along just fine.
I appreciate your wording. Please note that I never claimed that anyone was nuts, nor that I am normal - just that I don’t get it. I have a friend who fits all of the criteria I listed, in addition to being an obsessive collector of ImagiNext toys. I think it is weird, but I would never tell him that. I do sometimes inwardly roll my eyes when he talks about it a lot, but I see no reason to hurt his feelings. Who knows? I could be the weird one.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soo I think Iron Ranger would be a sweet name for an 80s hair metal band.

DC, any chance you play the bass? Or maybe even the keytar?
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:09 am
Gutter's Mother wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:23 am

Ditto

I appreciate your wording. Please note that I never claimed that anyone was nuts, nor that I am normal - just that I don’t get it. I have a friend who fits all of the criteria I listed, in addition to being an obsessive collector of ImagiNext toys. I think it is weird, but I would never tell him that. I do sometimes inwardly roll my eyes when he talks about it a lot, but I see no reason to hurt his feelings. Who knows? I could be the weird one.
I sincerely say that I feel it's nice you don't feel a need to hurt other's feelings who you think are weird. Bottom line is, we're all weird - to other people.
Heck, I would hope people would think I, you, and jeepin/plano are weird for having a combined 131 posts on this site.

Back to shoes......
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

It's all good.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hey DC!

Iron Ranger or Classic Moc?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Both!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I actually don't own either, so I can't say.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Work boot moc toe. Most comfortable work boot out there for working construction on your feet all day. Irish setters or model 877. They beat danner all day for 65% price
Just Ledoux it
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V