dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

100,000 people in Chico. Chico is in Butte county. 225,000 people in Butte county. 48,000 cases. While lower than the national average, hardly "very little". My guess is the families of the 450 or so who died feel the number is too big.

"hanging on"? Meaning only worth in the neighborhood of 200 million with homes valued around 50 million?

I do give him some credit. Supposedly he gave about a million to small business owners in the Chico area but I admit my cynicism questions if he used it as a write off.

P.S. Seems he's not a "Trumplican" so I'm not really sure why we are commenting on him in this thread - unless we are saying he sounds like a Trumplican.
From the same interview....."Donald Trump is like a sore loser on the football field. You take it like a man. You don't go, 'We won that game.' That's what Donald Trump does. We won that game. You didn't. You lose it. It happens. You lose sometimes. Be a f**king man and just own up like every other president has ever done."
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 079757001/

Former President Donald Trump said in a broadcast interview Wednesday that he can declassify documents “even by thinking about it.”

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity, after Hannity pressed him on which process he took to declassify the documents.

He continued, “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified, even by thinking about it.”

I saw his defense described perfectly on Twitter: the "Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification" method, aka "STUPID".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m sure he’ll claim it was a joke and that the media is blowing it out of proportion
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The Department of Justice doesn't give a shit what he does or doesn't say. He'll either be able to prove what he said or he won't and when he can't, he'll hopefully be the guy that has to pay the consequences for having a bunch of illegally procured and illegally stored classified documents in his filing cabinet.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Note that his lawyers have gone to great lengths to avoid making the declassification claim in the Court. They know it’s ridiculous and that they are going to get slapped down if they do make the claim.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Not to be outdone, Tucker reminds us of another unfair and mysterious never been explained persecution of a Republican President.

Tucker Carlson is wondering why “no one can explain” onetime “popular president” Richard Nixon’s Watergate scandal.

The Fox News host told his Tuesday audience that Nixon, who won 49 states in the Electoral College in the 1972 election, won by the “biggest margin ever.”

President Franklin D. Roosevelt, however, had a higher Electoral College margin of victory in the 1936 election.

Carlson’s lead-off falsehood in the segment, however, made way for his skepticism on the Watergate scandal.

“And then within a year he was disgraced, and six months later he was gone ’cause Watergate, which no one can still explain even to this day,” Carlson said. “That was clearly driven by government agencies, including the FBI.”

It has never been explained....but if you want to understand "ball tanning", Tucker is your guy.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:56 pm Note that his lawyers have gone to great lengths to avoid making the declassification claim in the Court. They know it’s ridiculous and that they are going to get slapped down if they do make the claim.
Would they run the risk of being disbarred for making such an obviously false statement?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:30 pm Not to be outdone, Tucker reminds us of another unfair and mysterious never been explained persecution of a Republican President.

Tucker Carlson is wondering why “no one can explain” onetime “popular president” Richard Nixon’s Watergate scandal.

The Fox News host told his Tuesday audience that Nixon, who won 49 states in the Electoral College in the 1972 election, won by the “biggest margin ever.”

President Franklin D. Roosevelt, however, had a higher Electoral College margin of victory in the 1936 election.

Carlson’s lead-off falsehood in the segment, however, made way for his skepticism on the Watergate scandal.

“And then within a year he was disgraced, and six months later he was gone ’cause Watergate, which no one can still explain even to this day,” Carlson said. “That was clearly driven by government agencies, including the FBI.”

It has never been explained....but if you want to understand "ball tanning", Tucker is your guy.
If the FoxNews brainwashing channel had existed back then, then Nixon might have survived Watergate. Trump has likely done worse many times over and people are some clamoring to reelect him.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:36 pm
zsn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:56 pm Note that his lawyers have gone to great lengths to avoid making the declassification claim in the Court. They know it’s ridiculous and that they are going to get slapped down if they do make the claim.
Would they run the risk of being disbarred for making such an obviously false statement?
Lawyers are still willing to take Donnie's money, but they are not willing to go to full Michael Cohen for him.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Nixon hated the news media, but he didn't start calling them fake news in every press conference. If only...
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:43 pm #ConservativesAlmostGettingIt

https://twitter.com/stephenmoore/status ... eTVUKyPdPA
Does that mean that an equal amount of statements by Biden were fact checked at 1/6 the rate as that of Trump or does it mean that Trump just spoke and lied 6x as much as Biden?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Hey y'all. Just had to stop by to recant some of my previous criticism of KU athletic directors. I believe they hired some coaches, Weis, Miles, that I predicted would be disastrous...and they were. Also hired some catastrophic coaches that I didn't even bother to offer predictions about. But to give them credit, NONE of them hired Tommy Tuberville.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

hi Seahawk!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

seahawk wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:53 pm Hey y'all. Just had to stop by to recant some of my previous criticism of KU athletic directors. I believe they hired some coaches, Weis, Miles, that I predicted would be disastrous...and they were. Also hired some catastrophic coaches that I didn't even bother to offer predictions about. But to give them credit, NONE of them hired Tommy Tuberville.
Stop by more often.

I just saw his quote. Holy smokes. He did everything but drop an N bomb. That's probably on the agenda for next week.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why are so many politicians such shit stains on this country?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Do you understand why she tweeted that?
I don't typically defend her but that was actually one of he better tweets.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:01 am why are so many GOP politicians such shit stains on this country?
fyp

And, for her at least, she’s a call girl that the GOP paid to get into office. She’s as intelligent as a 12 year old. Makes Palin look like a genius.