COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:16 am wife is on a work trip down to St. George. started feeling a bit sick yesterday morning and progressively got worse through the day. tested positive last night. company tried to stick her on a fucking bus, leaving there at 6pm and not getting into SLC until after midnight. wtf

fortunately, they found an uber driver willing to bring her home (3.5 hrs on the road vs 6+)

her first confirmed covid infection, and it’s a doozy…headache, nausea, cold sweats and fever

ought to be an awesome weekend
Both of my parents tested positive for covid yesterday (also their first time getting it). So far they seem to be hanging in there but it's hitting them pretty hard. Nasty cold plus a fever that has that same roller coaster between chills and sweats. They aren't having the same kind of raw throat issues I had when I had covid over the holidays. They just picked up their suite of fancy medications to help stomp it down (at no charge to them, thank you federal government). Hopefully they get on the other side of it. My Dad had already been having issues with low O2 counts thanks to a naturally low resting BP so he was pretty looped yesterday but seems to be on the mend. Fingers crossed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"Covid is over". Not sure why but I have heard that from multiple conservatives I know and NO liberals.
No doubt there are liberals that believe it's over too but regardless of political beliefs, how dumb can people be?
A bizarre thing to me is that we have a particular group at work and ALL of them have contracted Covid at various times over the past 6 months. We have other groups where just one or two people have contracted it. No rhyme or reason in regards to their exposure to one another.
Anyways, I am sincerely sorry to hear/read about those of you who have loved ones that are currently suffering. I hope they get better soon.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:39 am "Covid is over". Not sure why but I have heard that from multiple conservatives I know and NO liberals.
No doubt there are liberals that believe it's over too but regardless of political beliefs, how dumb can people be?
A bizarre thing to me is that we have a particular group at work and ALL of them have contracted Covid at various times over the past 6 months. We have other groups where just one or two people have contracted it. No rhyme or reason in regards to their exposure to one another.
Anyways, I am sincerely sorry to hear/read about those of you who have loved ones that are currently suffering. I hope they get better soon.
For many, out of the ordinary practices as a result of covid are over; mask wearing, school situations, WAH, etc... so perhaps they feel that since their life has returned to "normal" that covid is "over" as it related to them. As we see every day, we are mostly a selfish species concerned primarily if not wholly by our own desires to accomplish our personal day to day tasks with as little friction and stress as possible.

The only thing that is different about my life than pre-covid right now is my WAH situation (100% WAH until I feel like starting to go back in the office again) and the availability of vaccination boosters if I feel that covid in my area is ramping back up to a level where I feel the need to resume covid precautions. I don't wear masks anywhere any more and neither will my kids when they return to school soon. It took 2 years longer to get to this point than it should have thanks to a country half full of fucking morons but it feels like we have the tools available to us to manage covid amongst us now.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:33 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:16 am wife is on a work trip down to St. George. started feeling a bit sick yesterday morning and progressively got worse through the day. tested positive last night. company tried to stick her on a fucking bus, leaving there at 6pm and not getting into SLC until after midnight. wtf

fortunately, they found an uber driver willing to bring her home (3.5 hrs on the road vs 6+)

her first confirmed covid infection, and it’s a doozy…headache, nausea, cold sweats and fever

ought to be an awesome weekend
Both of my parents tested positive for covid yesterday (also their first time getting it). So far they seem to be hanging in there but it's hitting them pretty hard. Nasty cold plus a fever that has that same roller coaster between chills and sweats. They aren't having the same kind of raw throat issues I had when I had covid over the holidays. They just picked up their suite of fancy medications to help stomp it down (at no charge to them, thank you federal government). Hopefully they get on the other side of it. My Dad had already been having issues with low O2 counts thanks to a naturally low resting BP so he was pretty looped yesterday but seems to be on the mend. Fingers crossed.
best of luck to them, hope they come through unscathed
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Did covid originate in a Chinese laboratory?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Does the Pope poop in the woods?
Defense. Rebounds.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the worlds response to the china fungus will go down as one of the greatest clusterphucques in the history of the world. be hard for the world to have handled it any worsely.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Executive from Pfizer admitted in court today that the vaccines were never tested on whether they actually helped stop the spread of covid, before they were released to the public. Lol. Surprised none of yall commented
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And despite that not being tested, world governments still insisted they would stop help stop the spread, and tried mandating them
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:40 pm Executive from Pfizer admitted in court today that the vaccines were never tested on whether they actually helped stop the spread of covid, before they were released to the public. Lol. Surprised none of yall commented

You’re so dumb. Not surprised you misunderstood that.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d think such a bombshell revelation would get covered by at least some media

i’m guessing it’s on parler
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Here ya go. How dare you belittle the Lynnwood Times!

https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2022/10/11/co ... on-221011/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

isn’t lynn wood one of trump’s “lawyers”?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

covid. the worlds mishandling of covid. china inventing the covid. it's not even news anymore.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No confirmation at all on the third sentence but I know that won't stop you.

Here is a website with a url that will make you ill/angry/confused with some light reading:

https://www.science.org/content/article ... d-lab-leak
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:23 am No confirmation at all on the third sentence but I know that won't stop you.

Here is a website with a url that will make you ill/angry/confused with some light reading:

https://www.science.org/content/article ... d-lab-leak
internet whack job know-it-all
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:56 am i’d think such a bombshell revelation would get covered by at least some media

i’m guessing it’s on parler
It’s all because randy and the rest of the maga nuts think the vaccine is supposed to prevent contraction.

Just proud to be dumb.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The clinical trials for the vaccines were for protection from the virus not for prevention of contraction.

There was some unclarity when the vaccines were first being administered whether they would help with contraction but that's because these vaccines were expedited to help protect people as fast as possible.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there is also the relationship between reduced viral load and reduction in transmission

related, there are survey numbers just out indicating that roughly half of americans haven’t been truthful about their handling of covid…vaccination status, mitigation practices, etc

that says to me that any potential benefit from the vaccines toward reduced transmission has likely been countered by people like randy and mich being selfish and ignorant