The Creepiest Vacation Tour Ever

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

The Creepiest Vacation Tour Ever

Post by japhy »

So we were in southern Colorado last week. There is a Ute Indian Agency Building there that was also the home of Lafayette Head back in the 1850’s. The new owner was showing us the outside and telling us the importance of the place in Colorado history. Then he explaining that he doesn’t let people inside because of weird things that happen to visitors. He told us a story about sorting a box of photos and religious images into two piles one afternoon when out of nowhere a pigeon flew out of the rafters and scared the shit out of him. When he looked back down there was only one pile of photos in front of him. He started freaking out looking for the other pile and then realized the two piles had been combined while he was freaking out over the pigeon. He left the pile where it sat and got out of there. He had ghost busters come and remove a number of spirits from the building, there were numerous native children who were enslaved on the property and he thinks that is who was there. He told us there was one spirit that they could not get rid of though. He said a few previous visitors came and the thing attached itself to them and followed them home. Because of the attachments he didn’t want people going back in. After we walked around awhile and saw the site of the grist mill and the stables, he finally asked if we wanted to go inside.

Oh hell yes!

First we went into the slave quarters. As we approached the door both Annie Oakley and I got really creepy feelings like there were things waiting for us next to the door. Once we got inside everything was fine. This is the only haunted building I ever heard Annie say she might sit this one out. She knows her limits.

We went into the home part of the structure next and as soon as I crossed the threshold of the door something grabbed me by the neck. It took me a couple of days to realize what the sensation was, it was familiar in some way at the time, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. When I was a kid in Catholic school, the nuns would grab us by the neck in a pinch that would crush the muscles and nerves in your neck under their thumb. This was the pain, but without any pressure of a thumb, just the throbbing muscle and nerve pain on the left side of my neck. So the thing is right handed. We walked around inside for about 20 minutes and it never let up on me. There was one back room that we walked into and I got a weird dizzy feeling to go with the thumb in my neck. Whatever the thing was it got stronger in that room. When we walked out it stopped immediately. We were leaving in two trucks to go to the Lobato Bridge over the Rio Grande. It is about 15 miles away. We left town and a few minutes later the truck in front pulled over and one of the people in our group walked back to our truck and asked Annie how to get rid of things that attached themselves. He said he felt really weird and it started right after he walked out the door. Annie explained the process and he went back to the truck and we drove on.

We got to the bridge in about 30 minutes and we were walking around the site. I climbed down the bluff to look at grafitti on the cliff face below. As I walked under the bridge the thing from the Agency suddenly grabbed me by the neck with a vengeance again. I stopped and told it in a loud voice to go the fuck away and go back where it came from and after a couple of minutes it left.

Much food and tequila was consumed at a party later that night and I forgot about it. Yesterday I texted the guy who had the attachment and asked him if he had gotten rid of the thing and where? He said yes, he got rid of it at the bridge. He was up there by himself at the time and he saw me walking around down below. So I told him I knew where it went after it left him.

True story.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: The Creepiest Vacation Tour Ever

Post by Overlander »

I believe it.

I was a bit skeptical on these types of things, until a friend convinced me to visit a Shaman.

My life has been 100% better since that experience.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sounds awesome. Id do it
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

There is a photo of the slave's quarters near the end of this article.

https://jetsonorama.net/2021/06/22/nati ... uyttpqgivs
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

New tour.

I talked to jetsonorama ( link above) earlier today. He is going back to the Ute Agency soon and will be installing some of his work inside the building where the "thing" grabbed my neck. He knows that story. He has never been inside, only installed a piece on the exterior his last trip. We have some common interests and aesthetics. I expressed interest in his process and think there may be a place for his work in the Empire. He invited me to meet him at the Ute Agency and participate in the install process. We would be hanging images of the 1865 Lafayette Head list of enslaved indigenous peoples and photographs of them in the building where their enslavement began. That could piss something off. That same week they will be 3D printing an adobe structure in the Empire.

I believe God is sending me there.

It will be interesting to see if my "friend" from the Agency building remembers me.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

your actions could also appease the “being”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Trad you shouls go to skinwalker ranch and report back. Youre closer than I am.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:21 pm Trad you shouls go to skinwalker ranch and report back. Youre closer than I am.
i tried watching the tv series and couldn’t even make it through the first episode
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:26 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:21 pm Trad you shouls go to skinwalker ranch and report back. Youre closer than I am.
i tried watching the tv series and couldn’t even make it through the first episode
Its horrible. The legend and history are fascinating though. Thats a long history through many different cultures and beliefs all with odd experiences in the same 500 acres.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:55 pm your actions could also appease the “being”
We will see, my gut feel is that this entity isn't one of the oppressed. They were released in a ceremony of some sort awhile back. This thing is one of the oppressors from the site. There was also a crazy owner who hung himself a decade ago and he seemed to just want everyone to stay off his lawn before he went.

So my guess is that honoring the former slaves might just piss this entity off. This thing may want it's slaves back.

Full report upon my return. I will be taking an offering of Bryant's ribs and Boulevard BBQ with me so maybe that will appease something or someone.
Deleted User 89

japhy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:08 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:55 pm your actions could also appease the “being”
We will see, my gut feel is that this entity isn't one of the oppressed. They were released in a ceremony of some sort awhile back. This thing is one of the oppressors from the site. There was also a crazy owner who hung himself a decade ago and he seemed to just want everyone to stay off his lawn before he went.

So my guess is that honoring the former slaves might just piss this entity off. This thing may want it's slaves back.

Full report upon my return. I will be taking an offering of Bryant's ribs and Boulevard BBQ with me so maybe that will appease something or someone.
you should take a go-pro too lol
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Here is a video and story from RMPTV on an installation that is currently at Fort Garland, in town of the same name, in Colorado. The handwritten list image shown in video was installed in the slave quarters at the former Ute Agency building on Wednesday of last week. The same journalist who wrote this story was there to record that install. So the next part of the story will come out soon and it will include footage of the Ute Agency location. My dog Udoka may end up in the final cut, he was posed in photos for Chip's final documentation of the installation. Dok makes friends wherever he goes.

https://www.rmpbs.org/blogs/rocky-mount ... t-carson/

Considering how much shit went down on my last visit, things were really peaceful this time. I got to the site a couple of hours before the install crew. I walked around and talked to the spirits or whatever they are for a long time and explained what was coming and what story they were trying to tell. The install came off without any weirdness and the place seemed peaceful before and after.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The video in this story was filmed inside the slave quarters and inside the Lafayette Head residence where the "thing" resides. It gives you some point of reference for the installation that was put up on the wall behind Ron in the video where he is seated next to a round table. There is some footage of Casa Covida in this story. Last week we started the first ever commercial structure that uses 3D printed adobe as it's structure. When I left on Friday morning the printing process was about a quarter complete.

https://www.rmpbs.org/blogs/rocky-mount ... -colorado/
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A follow up to the story of the Ute Agency. We went to see an installation by the artist Gregg Deal at Fort Garland. His art shares the building with Chip Thomas' installation dealing with indigenous child slavery. The removal of the homage to Kit Carson that was previously in the building and replacement with indigenous stories was pretty powerful. It seemed to stir some shit up in the place. Combined, the two installations are a big "fuck you!" to the romanticized version of manifest destiny. As soon as I stepped onto the site I got a headache and lost my equilibrium to the point of almost falling over. Annie Oakley saw me wobbling and asked if I was "all right". I think so. But it got worse the longer we stayed and I got a bad headache. I ended up in bed all day after we left, every time I tried to get up, I got so dizzy and disoriented I had trouble standing upright.

I recounted the story to a friend the next evening in Saguache. I showed him some photos of Gregg Deal's work in the building. There was one painting in the Fort that I did not take a photo of. Reading the story next to it brought on a wave of emotions. I told my friend he would likely know which one it was when he got there, it was not done in the cartoon style of much of Deal's work and was in a room by itself. He and his wife went to see the installation a day later. He texted me after they left, "Bloody knees and elbows. Bloody hell.". He told me a story of his older sisters getting their elbows and knees scrubbed raw with a vegetable brush by his grandmother years ago. She thought maybe she could scrub the darker skin off their bodies and with it her family "shame". My friend also had a headache for the rest of the day afterwards.

Rocky Mountain PBS completed their show on the two sites recently and the stories being told there. Over the course of the last two years I have gotten to know many of the people involved in the story. If you ever make it to the valley, the Fort Garland Museum is a must see to place to hear and see some history that is not well known. What Eric Carpio is doing there is really impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDmHrSJLI6w&t