F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
UnholyLivingDead

Re: F the NCAA

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

The FBI, a jury, and now the independent review panel established by the NCAA itself all agree on the way this played out. This whole thing has been sour grapes from the NCAA because they didn't like the way the court case decision went. Ridiculous.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The case is strengthening that Adidas is not a booster.

Do we dare say that Kansas showed their cards a little too soon?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

If we get 4 games from Self/KT and 3 schollys over 3 years then I think that is more than a fair deal for us.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:01 am The case is strengthening that Adidas is not a booster.

Do we dare say that Kansas showed their cards a little too soon?
IDK, I still choose to believe KU did what they said they did which is stipulated to the "adidas is a booster" only for the De Sousa eligibility fight and got the agreement that that stipulation did not apply to any other case.

Of course, they would still have to fight that battle in this case, and it's hard to trust the NCAA on anything.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think it’s all went down behind closed doors, but I wonder what the NCAA’s case really looks like.

If this was all prompted by a separate legal trial in which a court found KU was defrauded, and the NCAA’s case is basically we should have known we were being defrauded anyway, at some point shouldn’t the burden be on them to prove it?

Especially if their smoking gun on us is a couple of ambiguous text messages that weren’t admissible evidence in the first place
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And the pessimist in me thinks our self-imposing now will go about as well as when we voluntarily sat Billy.

And Silvio.

And Silvio again.

And Zion…no wait he played, just for someone else, who still maintains some squeaky clean image despite that

And never played them or anyone else, until the NCAA’s own clearinghouse declared them Certified Amateurs.

The difference now, I guess, is the independent bored.

Judging by the “grossly underwhelming information” language in the Louisville case, maybe there’s hope…along with the fact I agree with the idea that there wouldn’t be any movement at this point unless there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some great information in a 173-page thread. Which shows you how ridiculous the Bleak (Clearing) House became.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/15882 ... vzdWWy4WXw

Benck also rejected NCAA allegations that Adidas, as Louisville's sportswear partner, was acting on behalf of the school's athletic interests.

"It was our interpretation that it was merely their own brand promotion," Benck said. "On top of that, the institution never requested any assistance with recruiting in our opinion, had no knowledge of any assistance that the apparel company provided."
Ain't no seats
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

And meanwhile...Duke and Kentucky are as pure as the driven snow.
Deleted User 863

Nobody other than each of their own fanbase truly thinks/believes that about Duke/UK.

Just like only our fan base thinks Self didn't know what TJ Gassnola was doing/why he existed within the Adidas/KU/Bill Self relationship.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

"our fan base"
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:27 pm "our fan base"

Come on. Illy’s dad’s-cousins-boyfriend attended KU
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:21 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:27 pm "our fan base"

Come on. Illy’s dad’s-cousins-boyfriend attended KU
the irony in this. in one of these lengthy threads there's some discussion about why paying "college" athletes is fair, and how the coach/players are paid by an entity that has been disassociated from the school. but "fans" have to attend the school or else be ridiculed? hmm.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Deleted User 863

Hopefully they signed Gradey to another year at KU!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Is it supposed to be that baggy?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:18 pm Is it supposed to be that baggy?
Has to be baggy to keep Dick covered. You don't want Dick slipping out unexpectedly.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:57 pm Hopefully they signed Gradey to another year at KU!
It would be just delightful if NIL means we keep Dick around for another go.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Pretty much every statement by IARP in regards to the Federal shoe trial keeps showing that the NCAA bit off much more than it could chew.

https://twitter.com/_Brian_Hamilton/sta ... CS-p5yelrQ
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And Forde, Wolken and Co are crying themselves to sleep each night after a decision has been made.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG