Big Dick Energy

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Big Dick Energy

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Selbys is hard to top. That was against USC iirc and he hit a big shot late.

Now that I think about it Wiggins is hard to top too! Duke/Jabari battle, with the monster dunk late.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:40 pm Trying to think of best debuts: Selby had 21, Wiggins 19, anyone else higher?

Dick with 21 so far.
Xavier had 27
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm assuming Boschee has the freshman record for 3's made as a frosh? 79. That might get shattered.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:40 pm Trying to think of best debuts: Selby had 21, Wiggins 19, anyone else higher?

Dick with 21 so far.
Xavier had 27
No memory of that. That's some serious shit.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Selbys was intense. Cause it was a ways into the season against usc. I was at that game. The wait built a lot of extra hype for his debut. And it was against a power conference school. And Selby hit a 3 at the end to force OT. But. All Selby really did in that game was hit some open shots

Gradys overall game was way more impressive IMO. Different circumstances tho
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:56 pm Selbys is hard to top. That was against USC iirc and he hit a big shot late.

Now that I think about it Wiggins is hard to top too! Duke/Jabari battle, with the monster dunk late.
Wiggins vs. Duke was Game #2 that season.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:08 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:56 pm Selbys is hard to top. That was against USC iirc and he hit a big shot late.

Wiggins vs. Duke was Game #2 that season.
Oops.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 863

Quentin. Man I had high hopes for him.

Clearly a stud, just not a good fit here. He is still getting minutes for the Knicks.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I want MICH to go to a mall today and tell the first 10 people he sees - he loves Grad(e)y Dick.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Self debut is between Xavier and Selby.
Xavier more points ( highest freshman debut ever ) but against Hofstra ( 131 kenpom ).
Selby bigger moment with the big three in the last seconds vs a tougher USC ( 27 kenpom ).

Omaha is a bottom 300 team.

All time:
Wilt Chamberlain, Northwestern.
52 points, 31 rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

when X did it I remember thinking we won the OAD lotto that year.

But his debut also ended up being his career high, and he kinda just put the rest of the season on cruise control.
Deleted User 863

X was awesome his freshman year. Not sure what you were watching. Or were you expecting 27pts every single night?
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

He has to be playing better, or at least equally, to any other freshmen in the country so far.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Player A: 13.4 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 1.5 APG, 45.8% FG, 41.8% 3FG.
Player B: 8.6 PPG, 3 RPG, 2.5 APG, 46.2% FG, 38.2% 3FG.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:49 am when X did it I remember thinking we won the OAD lotto that year.

But his debut also ended up being his career high, and he kinda just put the rest of the season on cruise control.
I looked at X's game log and was a little surprised by how well he started. Had to have been averaging in the upper teens through first half of season. He did have a 31 point performance later in the season.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:49 am when X did it I remember thinking we won the OAD lotto that year.

I looked at X's game log and was a little surprised by how well he started. Had to have been averaging in the upper teens through first half of season. He did have a 31 point performance later in the season.
my recollection of X was that he underwhelmed more often than overwhelmed
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

punkrockhawk wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:00 am He has to be playing better, or at least equally, to any other freshmen in the country so far.
Guys relevant to Gradey:

Keyonte George's debut seemed to be good, not great. He's a pretty good playmaker but not an explosive athlete, and certainly not the shooter that Gradey is. Keyonte and Gradey were on the USA 3v3 team together and were the 2 best players.

Mark Mitchell was the team-high scorer for duke last night at 18. Mitchell is an NBA prospect and a damn good player but Gradey was the better player for Sunrise.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:10 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 am

my recollection of X was that he underwhelmed more often than overwhelmed
Looking back, we were probably too critical. That team had outrageous upperclassmen firepower. A great candidate for being most talented team in the Self era. X is in a handful of like maybe 3-5 freshmen in the Self era that would have been a contributor for that team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You had Cole, Sherron and the Morris twins.
Xavier would have had to play a bigger role on this squad.
If Grady can have similar numbers to X this year, I think we're in a pretty good spot.