Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Overlander »

So, parents in Texas are receiving kits from Texas schools to provide photo, ID and DNA samples so that their kids can be easier identified in the event of a school (shooting) tragedy.

Forward thinking on Texas’ part.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell one 8 year old from the other when both of their faces have been blown off?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The GENIUS of Our Founding Fathers
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:27 pm So, parents in Texas are receiving kits from Texas schools to provide photo, ID and DNA samples so that their kids can be easier identified in the event of a school (shooting) tragedy.

Forward thinking on Texas’ part.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell one 8 year old from the other when both of their faces have been blown off?
It's "traumatic child abuse" for a kid to see a book in their school library that discusses people who are not heterosexual but they see nothing wrong with this. How very GOP of them. Maybe they can finish it off with offering high school classes on the best weapons and techniques to use to shoot a home intruder.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Nah, the more GOP thing would be a high school class on embalming shooting victims
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I see it more in teaching HS students to triage potential mortal wounds.

But, only AFTER you verify that the victim only uses he/she pronouns
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

at least 2 killed in shooting at St. Louis high school
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Seems at least 13 people were shot and my guess is not a single one of you would know about it if I didn't post it on here. Just another day/evening/morning in 2022 USA.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-mass ... -west-side
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:00 am Seems at least 13 people were shot and my guess is not a single one of you would know about it if I didn't post it on here. Just another day/evening/morning in 2022 USA.

I can't imagine the day to day stress of living where that is normal. It is a shame the level of violence that has gripped those communities. Gangs as surrogate families that just chew these kids up and spit them out is so sad.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:23 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:00 am Seems at least 13 people were shot and my guess is not a single one of you would know about it if I didn't post it on here. Just another day/evening/morning in 2022 USA.

I can't imagine the day to day stress of living where that is normal. It is a shame the level of violence that has gripped those communities. Gangs as surrogate families that just chew these kids up and spit them out is so sad.
Agreed. I have been to Auburn Gresham (neighborhood on the southwest side) numerous times to help with the Cook Elementary School.
I drive around and when it's quite I have no idea what takes place. Meanwhile, there isn't a single student I have spoken with about the subject that hasn't told me they personally know someone who was shot - and I have no reason not to believe them.

This was a kid I tutored/mentored at the Fourth Presbyterian Church. Just 3 years earlier he was a nice kid who told me he wanted to be a professional Baseball or Basketball player. I was brutally honest with him. Maybe to a fault. I tried to explain to him that it's not impossible but unless he succeeded in school and stayed clean it wasn't going to happen and he was probably going to have a tough life ahead of him.
I wasn't wrong.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what’s even more fucked up, gutter, is that chicago is “only” 28th in homicide rate (https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pictures/mu ... -s-cities/)

so, while you’re absolutely right that most of chicago’s murders likely go unnoticed by the greater public, such seems to be the case for many metro areas across the country

but i’m told its really just those pesky democrat-run cities that are the REAL problem
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

chicago. have no fear. LL is here.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:03 am what’s even more fucked up, gutter, is that chicago is “only” 28th in homicide rate (https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pictures/mu ... -s-cities/)

so, while you’re absolutely right that most of chicago’s murders likely go unnoticed by the greater public, such seems to be the case for many metro areas across the country

but i’m told its really just those pesky democrat-run cities that are the REAL problem
It seems like the fight against major gang crime issues should be some sort of coordinated efforts at the local, state and federal level but then there isn't anyone to blame for it, I suppose.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

detroit (#4) asked chicago to hold its coffee
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Detroit isn't really michigan. Cuz, you know.
Defense. Rebounds.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

7 shot at KC house party last night as well.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-cit ... 2/41826743
Ain't no seats
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Wiff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:52 pm 7 shot at KC house party last night as well.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-cit ... 2/41826743
KC was #8 on that list of highest murder rates per capita.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shooting/s at UVA.

https://wjla.com/news/local/active-shoo ... eth-garage

* EDIT

Here is another one.
Not sure if this was a shooting but 4 dead at the U of Idaho.

https://www.khq.com/news/4-university-o ... 1f555.html
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

A testament to how fucked up this problem is:

At the beginning of each week, Mrs. Wiff and I now provide each other with our guesses as to where the first mass shooting will be for that week.
Ain't no seats
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

You mean like just a general State or like a Clue Bingo card: Iowa-College-classroom-handgun?

If this isn’t the saddest commentary on the state of affairs in an ostensibly civilized country in the 21st century I don’t know what is!
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

So far, we have limited our guesses to the major city that will be closest to the tragedy. Although with how prevalent this bullshit is, your Clue Bingo card is probably more apt. Wonder when Vegas will start releasing the odds...
Ain't no seats