22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:51 am A good argument that Baylor has the best talent in the league (Texas close), but Drew will suck them back, so can't put them 1.
fyp
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Again, early, but here is KenPom:

1. UT
2. UK
3. Houston
5. Baylor
8. KU
10. IU
11. Duke
18. UNC
19. Mich St.
26. Tech
54. TCU

Gun to my head, I'd pick UK to be best team at end of season. Yes, they just lost a 2OT game, but Tshiebwe's first game back. Just can't forget what they did to us last year.

UNC playing close games out of the gate shouldn't really be a shock. Fine choice for preseason No. 1, but they were an 8 seed last year and still finished 16 KenPom.

UT has had the best start, have a shit ton of talent, and a great coach. Houston is also headed towards the #1 seed in KC.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Its ok to say Baylor has a good team this year lol. They often do. Hell the won the national championship the year before we did. And they were a 1 seed the season before that if covid didn't fuck everything.

Kentucky has a chance to be one of the best. I agree. Duke will be pretty good by the end of the season too. Once their young players figure it out
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how did UK do that do us last year then loose in the first round as we went on to win it all?

I think they had some key injuries, right?

Who'd they get back besides Oscar?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:23 am Duke will be pretty good by the end of the season too. Once their young players figure it out
yea they have talent but nonzero chance Scheyer sucks as a coach.

and if dook did crash and burn, it would be so delicious.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

baylor has been a top 2 team in the top conference for a while now.

they are a top program. and i am glad they are in our league.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't like tejass. and i hope they stumble phucque their way out the door.

hookem
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:29 am baylor has been a top 2 team in the top conference for a while now.

I'm not. They should have been kicked out for their disgusting rape coverup.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I can't listen to randy and mich talk about Baylor like this without getting this white noise sensation in my ears.

It's like tinnitus or something?

but instead of a ringing sound, it's more of a sucking sound.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:31 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:29 am baylor has been a top 2 team in the top conference for a while now.

I'm not. They should have been kicked out for their disgusting rape coverup.
Yes! Among other reasons. You could go straight to the murder coverup, but it has been immorally ran for so long and was a bad fit as a privately funded school from the beginning of the league.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:27 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:23 am Duke will be pretty good by the end of the season too. Once their young players figure it out
yea they have talent but nonzero chance Scheyer sucks as a coach.

and if dook did crash and burn, it would be so delicious.
IU should win the Big 10, UK should win the SEC, Duke probably 2nd in ACC but maybe they steal it, Seton Hall has an outside shot at BE. Was supposed to be a softer schedule after the title.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:31 am I can't listen to randy and mich talk about Baylor like this without getting this white noise sensation in my ears.

I was more impressed by Beard's run at Tech than what Baylor has done lately. We're a bad late call and a pandemic away from having the champs be in order: 19 Tech, 20 Kansas, 21 Baylor, 22 Kansas.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:31 am I can't listen to randy and mich talk about Baylor like this without getting this white noise sensation in my ears.

Its ok to be realistic. Join us. Theres room for more

I was just about to agree with you too about hoping we see scheyer fuck up dukes season
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

They make our conference a lot stronger. These guys that say otherwise are idiots. But even they know they are full of shit
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There is nothing untruthful about Scott Drew sucking. Scott Drew sucks.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:39 am

I was more impressed by Beard's run at Tech than what Baylor has done lately. We're a bad late call and a pandemic away from having the champs be in order: 19 Tech, 20 Kansas, 21 Baylor, 22 Kansas.
^^^^^
still think it’s shitty he jumped to ut
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:42 am

Its ok to be realistic. Join us. Theres room for more

I was just about to agree with you too about hoping we see scheyer fuck up dukes season
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:49 am

^^^^^
Eh, at some point you have to do what you have to do for yourself and family. You get one life and often, one shot at what you consider your dream job. I'd bet money on him winning a Natty at Texas. He left them in good hands, and the Tech fans' reaction solidified for me that he made the right decision.

I still don't think it played a part, but the SEC move does soften the blow.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:52 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:49 am

^^^^^
Eh, at some point you have to do what you have to do for yourself and family. You get one life and often, one shot at what you consider your dream job. I'd bet money on him winning a Natty at Texas. He left them in good hands, and the Tech fans' reaction solidified for me that he made the right decision.

I still don't think it played a part, but the SEC move does soften the blow.
to each their own. to me, building (and continuing to build) a program a tech specifically because it’s in the shadow of ut would be more telling and more “special” than succeeding at a place where it’s expected due to the resources

i doubt he wins a natty, but we’ll see
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:18 am Again, early, but here is KenPom:

1. UT
2. UK
3. Houston
5. Baylor
8. KU
10. IU
11. Duke
18. UNC
19. Mich St.
26. Tech
54. TCU

Gun to my head, I'd pick UK to be best team at end of season. Yes, they just lost a 2OT game, but Tshiebwe's first game back. Just can't forget what they did to us last year.

UNC playing close games out of the gate shouldn't really be a shock. Fine choice for preseason No. 1, but they were an 8 seed last year and still finished 16 KenPom.

UT has had the best start, have a shit ton of talent, and a great coach. Houston is also headed towards the #1 seed in KC.
UT has a "great" coach?

I don't think there are many "great" coaches in college basketball at the moment. And he's not 1 of the handful I'd consider "great" such as proven/established guys like Self Izzo and Calipari.

For me, he's definitely in that next tier of up-and-comers though. Definitely one of the best younger coaches around. Maybe the best. Just hasn't really won anything meaningful enough for me to consider him "great".

And we can totally define great differently in this instance. You might think there are 10 great college coaches active right now and I might only consiser 4 or 5 as great.