Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm Not sure why our defender didn’t try and tackle Burrow there???
They moved prior to the snap on the third Down pass. Chiefs were not going to get key calls today. And didn't.
Last edited by Sparko on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:22 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:20 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:14 pm Kelce handed the game to the Bengals. Cost me $.
It was a bullshit scrum that should have been whistled stop. Announcers be damned.
Honestly, no it shouldnt have been. It was an unfortunate break. Hold on to it for 1 second longer and the Chiefs probably win. Just on the wrong side of a close one. The KC defense has some work to do as they may have just lost the 1 seed.
Progress stopped. Kelce was wrapped by three men. He went down. But that would have taken a call.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Being held under 300 yards passing was due the Bengals offense.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:23 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm Not sure why our defender didn’t try and tackle Burrow there???
Did it look to you like he pulled up short? That's what I saw, too.
For sure.
I think it was Danna.
Looked like he didn’t want to hit Burrow?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I still think Spags is the reason we won’t win. I don’t think he’s a very good coordinator.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm

It was a bullshit scrum that should have been whistled stop. Announcers be damned.
Honestly, no it shouldnt have been. It was an unfortunate break. Hold on to it for 1 second longer and the Chiefs probably win. Just on the wrong side of a close one. The KC defense has some work to do as they may have just lost the 1 seed.
Progress stopped. Kelce was wrapped by three men. He went down. But that would have taken a call.
One play doesn't make an entire game but that one may have been the biggest difference maker if were to have to pick a single play.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

All four penalties against KC resulted in key first downs. One took away a pick. Bigger were non-calls. The biggest non-call was the illegal procedure on 3rd and 11.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:23 pm
Did it look to you like he pulled up short? That's what I saw, too.
Me too
Defense. Rebounds.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Gotta be the most frustrated after a regular season loss in awhile. Bengals have the Chiefs number and that is something to consider as the playoff seedings take place.

Defense is just so frustrating to watch. They play so soft and dumb sometimes. The Chiefs have to lead the league in blown tackles or tackles that on first contact the ball carrier still falls forward for three or four yards. Bengals were in second and short almost all game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

It’s really demoralizing when the defense gets zero pass rush and plays soft zone coverage to give up first down yards basically every time they have a chance to get off the field. That said, they did enough to win today. The offense has to take care of the ball and close out the game when you’ve got a chance to go up double digits in the fourth quarter.

The Kelce fumble: if he gives himself up and gets pushed back, I’d argue forward progress. But his one flaw is he tries to turn every secure catch into a huge play. He’s made some big ones, so I hate to fault him, but fighting for 5 yards around midfield when you’re playing with a fourth quarter lead is just not smart. Protecting the ball #1 and keeping the clock rolling is #2 there.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Soft zone and bad tackling made the penalties and fumble matter. Must play harder.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m not going to fault Kelce for trying to make a big play. I’ll take that chance every single time.

To me the biggest issue is the defense particularly how bad they tackle. Spags is easy to blame but players have to make plays and no pass rush on what is a pretty bad o-line and blowing tackles left and right falls squarely on the players.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You cannot call that "progress stopped" through anything but the most wishful fan goggles. Kelce was still fighting to go forward. No chance they call it that quick.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:36 pm I’m not going to fault Kelce for trying to make a big play. I’ll take that chance every single time.

To me the biggest issue is the defense particularly how bad they tackle. Spags is easy to blame but players have to make plays and no pass rush on what is a pretty bad o-line and blowing tackles left and right falls squarely on the players.
Bad tackling, bad angles and a bad scheme. Cincy took what they want and did it with their backup RB.

We'll see.if they can clean it up come playoff time but they have just made the playoffs a lot more difficult for themselves. Hopefully Buffalo takes one more bad L than we do down the stretch.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:22 pm

You cannot call that "progress stopped" through anything but the most wishful fan goggles. Kelce was still fighting to go forward. No chance they call it that quick.
Not really. He was going down, stopped and had three guys who were beaten on the route trying to pull his arm off. Not a great way to decide a game. Hishaw did the same thing. Refs basically allowing a primal physical attack frenzy. Game. Their turnover didn't count. KC's did. Simple as that. Even teams.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:21 am

Not really. He was going down, stopped and had three guys who were beaten on the route trying to pull his arm off. Not a great way to decide a game. Hishaw did the same thing. Refs basically allowing a primal physical attack frenzy. Game. Their turnover didn't count. KC's did. Simple as that. Even teams.
As a biased fan I might not disagree with you on the progress being stopped but let's be honest, same situation reversed, you're bitching if the refs don't call it a fumble.
As far as your saying "three guys were beaten on the route trying to pull his arm off", Wilson was the spy on the play, I'll give you Pratt was beaten but that's debatable, Bates was the safety and was not "beaten" on the play. Pratt was the only one going after the ball ("trying to pull his arm off").

Moving on.....

Thankfully "on paper" the Chiefs probably have the easiest remaining schedule compared to the Bills, Bengals, Ravens, and Dolphins.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:21 am

"Primal physical attack frenzy".

Wow.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Death.
Taxes.
And Sparko complaining about the refs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The two plays in the 2nd quarter were kinda bad.
The pass interference on Chase that ended up an INT was borderline.
But worse was the roughing the passer penalty.

Bengals ended up with 7 on that drive.

In the second half, Mahomes was hit after the play two times that I saw. For some reason the officials just will not call those against our quarterback.

The Kelce fumble of course was the right call. Just a bad beat as Kelce usually holds on to the ball.

The main issue though was our defense not getting to Burrow and letting him find gaping holes in our zone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I mean...click on per game.
Not saying there's a pattern there but...there's a pattern there.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-t ... iew=active