KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
UnholyLivingDead

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

So as we all knew, KU has been hit hard by the transfer portal.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1 ... 2138592258

But I wish there was a little more context here. How many of the 27 players we lost would we have lost to graduation anyway in 2020 was a normal year? I'm sure that info is out there but I'm too lazy to go looking for it. Yes, we lost some impact players who were underclassmen like Prunty, Harris, and Terry, but this also includes names like Andrew Parchment and Stephon Robinson who were seniors anyway. Just curious as to what the percentage of players transferring are doing so for their "super senior" season that they wouldn't have been granted if not for the pandemic.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Probably close to 20. But guys like you mentioned who were graduating seniors in addition to like Kyle Mayberry, Frazier at OL and many others count as transfers even though they would have been gone.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

But you guys are acting like the rule only applies to us.

If we're competing with teams that kept their super-seniors, that's a big set back for us relative to them.

If one team has basically a 6 year roster (RS, 4 years + SS) and one has a 5 year roster (lost most of its super seniors) the roster with 6 recruiting classes is at a huge advantage. Even if WE upgraded. Our better Fr and So are still playing against 6th year seniors who are pushing 25 years old.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
UnholyLivingDead

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:33 pm But you guys are acting like the rule only applies to us.

If we're competing with teams that kept their super-seniors, that's a big set back for us relative to them.

If one team has basically a 6 year roster (RS, 4 years + SS) and one has a 5 year roster (lost most of its super seniors) the roster with 6 recruiting classes is at a huge advantage. Even if WE upgraded. Our better Fr and So are still playing against 6th year seniors who are pushing 25 years old.
Oh no, I'm not saying that rule only applies to us. I'd just like to see the percentages for all these teams. I am curious to see who lost more underclassmen vs. who lost more seniors. That's all. Just for comparison sake.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm not saying that either. If you are successful, most would have stayed. It's just not a true transfer situation compared to years past.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:22 pm I'm not saying that either. If you are successful, most would have stayed. It's just not a true transfer situation compared to years past.
Right. But this is relative to other teams THIS year.

When players were transferring out like rats off a burning ship, and I was told, "these are just the 5th year seniors that we didn't want, this is nbd" I listened with skepticism, thinking, well, then, if KU is doesn't have room for super seniors who mostly aren't good enough to play, and has freshmen recruits it values more...then that must be happening everywhere. Clearly it isn't. Once again, we seem to be on the short end of the stick in roster building/development.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
UnholyLivingDead

I think there are plenty of super senior transfers we lost that I would take on this team, Andrew Parchment probably #1 among them. I'm not thinking of this is a case of good riddance to bad rubbish and that all those 5th year guys stunk. I'm just thinking of it as we weren't going into 2020 counting on them being back anyway since they would have been graduating and leaving school under normal circumstances.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU got a nice commit from 94th best corner in the 2022 class. Good friends with Jalon Peoples, the 2022 commit that is the 41st best corner in the class.

KU is extremely short on corners right now. They are getting commits because these guys will come in an play right away.

UnholyLivingDead

With Sunday being August 1, fall camp has to be starting soon, right? Anyone know when practices officially start?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Heard report day is august 5th.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:58 am KU got a nice commit from 94th best corner in the 2022 class. Good friends with Jalon Peoples, the 2022 commit that is the 41st best corner in the class.

KU is extremely short on corners right now. They are getting commits because these guys will come in an play right away.
Just got the 51st ranked Safety in the 2022 class. Purdy from St Louis. Impressive offer list of Missouri, kstate, Michigan and Iowa State.

Teammates with a 3 star RB, #26 RB in the class, that KU is going hard after with offers from Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan St, kstate and Minnesota.

Leipold and Co are doing REALLY well so far without having started a practice or a game. Recruiting was their supposed "weak spot" and development was their strong suit. Getting good kids here without any on field results is a good start.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Good, we need to get more St. Louis kids.
UnholyLivingDead

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm Heard report day is august 5th.
Awesome, thanks!

Getting anxious for practice to start because I really want to see how the QB and O-line battles shake out. I'm ready to read more about that and less about realignment, haha.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:45 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm Heard report day is august 5th.
Awesome, thanks!

Getting anxious for practice to start because I really want to see how the QB and O-line battles shake out. I'm ready to read more about that and less about realignment, haha.
Me too brotha. Me too.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:58 am KU got a nice commit from 94th best corner in the 2022 class. Good friends with Jalon Peoples, the 2022 commit that is the 41st best corner in the class.

Just got the 51st ranked Safety in the 2022 class. Purdy from St Louis. Impressive offer list of Missouri, kstate, Michigan and Iowa State.

Teammates with a 3 star RB, #26 RB in the class, that KU is going hard after with offers from Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan St, kstate and Minnesota.

Leipold and Co are doing REALLY well so far without having started a practice or a game. Recruiting was their supposed "weak spot" and development was their strong suit. Getting good kids here without any on field results is a good start.
You a really seeing keeping Chevis around paying off.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:01 pm Would you rather:

A. KU BB wins the B12 and makes the NCAA final next year but loose by 10. KU FB wins 1 game.

B. KU FB win 5 games but still get an invite to a minor bowl game which they narrowly win to finish 6-7. KU BB shares the B12 and looses to the 7 seed as a 2.
Just a fun bump.

I'll take a better version of the first half of A and a possibly equal or better version of the first half of B please.