Site Admin

Re: Kansas Football 2022 Season

Post by pdub »

Free State represent!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The power cats have a century-long tradition in football excellence listening to them talk about recruiting. Word to the wise: they are a Nebraska dumpster fire and a lucky old balls hire away from Wichita State.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's been fun watching all these QBs transferring away from other P5 programs and saying, "Kansas isn't in the market". Daniels is the first returning KU QB that I have been excited about in a pretty long time.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:29 am I'm trying to figure out logistics :)
I'm in. Arriving the day before via car.

Lance Leipold was a home run hire.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good for you. I can't make it work, unfortunately. If it was Tuesday, I would have been able to make it work. Damnit.

This is probably the first time in about 2 decades outside of maybe 2011-ish that I didn't make a KU game. Bummed about it too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Kenny Logan is coming back for one more year.

https://twitter.com/Kennylogan23/status ... 5691187200
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah he's the coordinator KU had to go after and recruit to stay in Lawrence. Borland, blah for now. But all about Kotelnicki staying here and involved.

He's damn good. Love his demeanor. Relates to players, fans and media really well. If Leipold was gone this cycle, I was going to want KU to keep Kotelnicki around, potentially as a HC.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU hosted a TE from Eudora today.

4 star TE Jaden Hamm. Currently committed to Arkansas. However, his main recruiter was hired away and is now an OC with South Carolina.

Think KU in a good spot with him. Nice to have especially since Fairchild is going to be gone.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Is Fairchild going pro? Transfer portal? I thought he had another year?
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

So this has been the rumor for about a week or so now and the coaches were hinting at it today. Sounds like Hishaw's going to play in the bowl game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh, I thought he was a part of the Senior Day festivities, which probably means he won't be back. Not sure though.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Got 'im.

Let's beat Arkansas again next week.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Great we got another Kansas kid.
ksu still dominating in state though.
5 of the top 10 Kansas recruits.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:02 pm So this has been the rumor for about a week or so now and the coaches were hinting at it today. Sounds like Hishaw's going to play in the bowl game.
Hishaw not on the 2-deep that was released today, so not sure what that means.

Eriq Gilyard and Cam'Ron Dabney transferring.

Rest of the depth chart looks pretty intact. We're going to have a shot in this one. Arkansas expected to be without a few starters.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Changes are at LB/DB. Hoping that it means some younger, more talented guys get a shot but haven't played due to RS rules.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

12 of the 13 commits have signed. The only one remaining is 3 start QB Kasen Weisman, who Colorado has been after hard recently.

UnholyLivingDead

I'm not expecting Weisman to end up in Lawrence after his de-commitment but I guess you never know. With Jalon having two more years of eligibility and Vasko impressing the coaching staff, I won't be too worried if we don't get a QB in this class.

Worth noting that we've added two defensive tackles the last two days: one from Minnesota that Panagos recruited there and a kid from Colorado State this morning.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not to mention 2 kickers as well. One who will be a senior, maybe a Super Senior and then a kid from KC that just finished first year at Nebraska but transferred to KU.

Staff seeing weaknesses and attacking those. Kicking game was trash. DL is losing a ton of guys after this year.

This staff is doing a good job mixing HS kids with transfer players. Out of the typical 25-player classes, expect 15 or so HS kids in each class and the rest filled with transfer guys. And the portal guys they are bringing in have at least 3 years of eligibility remaining. Which is huge. Better than 1-year grad transfers.

Another quick note and then I'm done. They are not losing many guys to the portal at all. Think they are losing 6 guys in this first wave of portal stuff. I'm sure a couple more will come during spring ball but overall, really solid job by this staff of recruiting the players on the roster, which is absurd to say.