Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
StayCurious

Re: Conspiracies

Post by StayCurious »

I would much rather give Missouri an ass pounding on the road than it be a close nail-biter. If it's going to end 67-65, I don't want it to be against Missouri.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Didn't see this earlier. Crazy to see how Lara Logan's trajectory as a reporter has changed over time.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lara-loga ... n-on-qanon

Watching someone go from an award winning journalist into a fucking kook is baffling yet not surprising at all considering how many people have chosen to embrace lunacy as "fact" because it aligns with their world view.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Now the "why do we keep sending billions to the Ukrain" questions are starting to gain some clarity. Apparently there are biolabs with US funding studying pathogens there
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:12 pm Didn't see this earlier. Crazy to see how Lara Logan's trajectory as a reporter has changed over time.

Watching someone go from an award winning journalist into a fucking kook is baffling yet not surprising at all considering how many people have chosen to embrace lunacy as "fact" because it aligns with their world view.
Yeah. I'd imagine that when you get raped by up to 300 men while covering the Tahrir Square protests in Cairo (principally because someone tells the crowd you're an Israeli (when, in fact, you're South African)), and then you're roundly mocked for speaking out about it, you probably tend to get a little bit salty.

Additionally, when you're ostracized from your business for criticizing the policies of the president who both encouraged the Arab Spring and then watched silently as the concomitant violence spiraled out of control (including the sexual violence committed against you), you probably get even saltier.

But hey, what a kook. Amiright?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:56 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:12 pm Didn't see this earlier. Crazy to see how Lara Logan's trajectory as a reporter has changed over time.

Yeah. I'd imagine that when you get raped by up to 300 men while covering the Tahrir Square protests in Cairo (principally because someone tells the crowd you're an Israeli (when, in fact, you're South African)), and then you're roundly mocked for speaking out about it, you probably tend to get a little bit salty.

Additionally, when you're ostracized from your business for criticizing the policies of the president who both encouraged the Arab Spring and then watched silently as the concomitant violence spiraled out of control (including the sexual violence committed against you), you probably get even saltier.

First I have heard of traumatic sexual assaults leading people to believe that the President of the US was behind a global cabal of elite liberals who are kidnapping children and drinking their blood. I'll have to keep that in mind as a possible trigger next time.

</sarcasm>
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:53 pm Now the "why do we keep sending billions to the Ukrain" questions are starting to gain some clarity. Apparently there are biolabs with US funding studying pathogens there
We have known of these for some time.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ed-biolab/

Here's a link to the fact sheet posted by the Department of Defense back in March.

https://media.defense.gov/2022/Mar/11/2 ... KRAINE.PDF
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:00 pm

First I have heard of traumatic sexual assaults leading people to believe that the President of the US was behind a global cabal of elite liberals who are kidnapping children and drinking their blood. I'll have to keep that in mind as a possible trigger next time.

</sarcasm>
Oh dear.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Everyone knows that we are NOT sending tens of billions of dollars in cash to Ukraine, right?

We're sending "tens of billions of dollars" in weapons systems we no longer have use for, while sending the actual cash to Lockheed, Raytheon, etc. to replace those systems with modern versions.

I mean...you people know this, right?

Ike was right.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:07 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:00 pm

</sarcasm>
Oh dear.
That was precisely my response to her nonsensical idiocy she spouted on all sorts of kooky conspiracies.

Then I did a little research. Seems like there might have been a bit more to her network downfall than you let on.

https://nymag.com/news/features/lara-lo ... ws-2014-5/

Sounds like running a story on 60 Minutes that relies primarily on one person's information that turns out to be completely fabricated by a person who just happens to be pitching a book on those fabrications as well as putting your crew in danger on a regular basis may also affect a network's desire to employ you.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You still haven't learned the first rule of holes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:10 pm Everyone knows that we are NOT sending tens of billions of dollars in cash to Ukraine, right?

We're sending "tens of billions of dollars" in weapons systems we no longer have use for, while sending the actual cash to Lockheed, Raytheon, etc. to replace those systems with modern versions.

Ike was right.
I think there may be 1 to 3 persons here that could use this reminder.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Like they would read it...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DC points out a distinction about support for Ukraine, but not sure what difference that distinction makes

And the part about Ike is…I dunno…what’s the word…coy?
zsn
Contributor

Re: Immigration (legal or illegal)

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:33 am
zsn wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:37 pm Where does China enter into this?!?!?! I’m unaware if the Officers of Tyson, Hormel or Perdue are Chinese.
Tyson and Smithfield, to name just two, are majority Chinese owned.
Ok. I’ll stay educated! Well, that makes it acceptable then to break immigration laws. Our elected representatives are honest politicians because they stay bought.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:10 pm Everyone knows that we are NOT sending tens of billions of dollars in cash to Ukraine, right?

Ike was right.
Not to mention, the alternative to sending stocks of stuff to Ukraine (and paying for Americans and American businesses to manufacture replacements and develop new stuff)...was gifting Putin soil and ports he desperately wants, and putting him on NATO's front porch, strengthened.

Seems sub-optimal!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'd actually be pretty curious to get DC's take on the whole war thread thing as a whole.

among other things, I bet that dood is a FEAR fan.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Make fear your bitch!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Yeah dude, she's a kook. You're still a moron.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm a salty person because of many things but I wouldn't want someone to defend me for being a kook in regards to unrelated things.
Also, there are differences between being salty and being a kook.
Lara Logan is both salty and a kook.

On an unrelated note....
Seems DC implied the USA is not sending cash to Ukraine. Is that true?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.