KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled ineligible...

Post by pdub »

He knows far more about DeSousa's chances of playing this year than any of us.
If these 'rumors' come to fruition this week, I'm sure Self knew a while ago.
And that means he would hopefully do some things different at practice to prep.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:44 am He knows far more about DeSousa's chances of playing this year than any of us.
If these 'rumors' come to fruition this week, I'm sure Self knew a while ago.
And that means he would hopefully do some things different at practice to prep.
I think that Self is, if not the immediate source of the rumors, then most certainly their genesis.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

More to Pdub's point though, Self better have De Sousa as ready and up to speed as possible.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He came in cold last year and was really good pretty quickly. I have no concerns about him being even closer to ready this year.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:13 pm He came in cold last year and was really good pretty quickly. I have no concerns about him being even closer to ready this year.
What?

He looked like dogshit for a month, which is totally expected and excusable considering he was just in HS.

He should be able to basically pick up where he left off. I'm sure there will be some game speed type of rust, but we sure as hell should have our entire playbook available to us.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"Really good" is certainly on a curve. What I mean is that he came in and played with a lot of bounce right away. He was productive in league play when he should have still been in high school ball.

I'm not expecting a double double machine right out of the gate, but I do expect a Big 12 rotation-level guy right away.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:19 pm "Really good" is certainly on a curve. What I mean is that he came in and played with a lot of bounce right away. He was productive in league play when he should have still been in high school ball.

I'm not expecting a double double machine right out of the gate, but I do expect a Big 12 rotation-level guy right away.
he definitely performed better than DMac has this year, imo
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:19 pm "Really good" is certainly on a curve. What I mean is that he came in and played with a lot of bounce right away. He was productive in league play when he should have still been in high school ball.

In fairness, he played about 50 more minutes last year than McCormack has this year. De Sousa turned a corner about conference tournament time. McCormack might have a similar light come on before the season's done.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

De Sousa was more ready to go than what the stats show. Bill slowplayed him (and I hated it), Mitch played just well enough to save a spot in the rotation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:43 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:22 pm

In fairness, he played about 50 more minutes last year than McCormack has this year. De Sousa turned a corner about conference tournament time. McCormack might have a similar light come on before the season's done.
I wonder whether how much of “turning a corner about conference tournament time” was due to the fact he really did turn a corner, or due to the fact he no longer got the short leash treatment cuz Self’s hand was forced by Dok’s injury?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 pm De Sousa was more ready to go than what the stats show. Bill slowplayed him (and I hated it), Mitch played just well enough to save a spot in the rotation.
I think the same could be said of McCormack.

No doubt he's still sped up, but when he's gotten extended minutes, like the SD game, he definitely belongs and looks like someone who will be great.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Did we win Yet?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NCAA issued a ruling today on a reinstatement case for a UMiami player. Harsh penalty.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:42 pm NCAA issued a ruling today on a reinstatement case for a UMiami player. Harsh penalty.
with no evidence that payments were made. With the player denying knowledge of the plan.

Full season. Plus 40% of next.

Ouch.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I didn't realize this was a Christian Dawkins guy.

And the "no knowledge" thing was not quite correct. UMiami stipulated that the player did know about the agency relationship and agreed upon payments, but the player maintains that no payments or benefits were ever received.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Being that this is one of the guys that came up during the trials and all of the smoke that Seth Davis is hearing, I am expecting an announcement this week.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:04 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 pm De Sousa was more ready to go than what the stats show. Bill slowplayed him (and I hated it), Mitch played just well enough to save a spot in the rotation.
I think the same could be said of McCormack.

No doubt he's still sped up, but when he's gotten extended minutes, like the SD game, he definitely belongs and looks like someone who will be great.
Hopefully extended minutes will eliminate that 97 mph fastball from 17 feet out of his shot selection.
Deleted User 75

Miami's Hernandez ineligible for rest of season

https://es.pn/2FVzzsB
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Worse stuff than De Sousa. My prediction now is that De Sousa gets 40% of this season.
Deleted User 75

The part that gets me is that in the ESPN article it's says:

"There was no evidence in the email that payments were made, or that Hernandez had knowledge of the plan.....and a source told Schlabach that Hernandez did not agree to any sort of payment structure."