Conference Race

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Conference Race

Post by Mjl »

I assume we'll be about a 7 point favorite over ISU and TCU will be about a 3 point favorite against KState.

So as long as those play out (and assuming they're basically accurate), we'll be alone atop the league.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A wild ride ahead
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Mjl wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:22 pm I assume we'll be about a 7 point favorite over ISU and TCU will be about a 3 point favorite against KState.

So as long as those play out (and assuming they're basically accurate), we'll be alone atop the league.
KU favored by 8, TCU by 4.5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I read that wrong the first time. Thought you were saying we'd be 7-point faves against both ISU and TCU and then 3 point favorites over KSU. Wasn't sure how that made sense.

I saw -7.5 today and was surprised that high. Feels like a KU win with ISU cover.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Kentucky just beat Tennessee so maybe they are starting to get things figured out
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Taters are getting shithammered
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Boom
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:25 pm Kentucky just beat Tennessee so maybe they are starting to get things figured out
Who fucking cares?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:25 pm Kentucky just beat Tennessee so maybe they are starting to get things figured out
I'd say that it had been a long time since I saw a team miss as many bunnies and layups as Tennessee missed vs. Kentucky but it has only been a week or so since KU missed more than a dozen of them. Tennessee had one of their bottom 5 offensive games, was outrebounded 43-23 and committed a ton of fouls that they normally don't commit. Not sure if it was a big coming out game by UK; seemed more like just a bad day for Tennessee.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This week's Big 12 games:

Mid-week games:

Tuesday:
Kansas @ Kansas State
Texas @ Iowa State
Baylor @ Texas Tech
Wednesday:
TCU @ West Virginia
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State

Saturday games:
TCU @ Kansas
Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
Texas Tech @ Kansas State
Baylor @ Oklahoma
Texas @ West Virginia

Kansas definitely has the toughest 2 game combo this week. Baylor, TCU and Texas both have 2 road games this week while Kansas State, Oklahoma State and West Virginia both have 2 home games.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

.500 for the week would be cool.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What’s cool about losing?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mich is a roiboi
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:09 am Not sure if it was a big coming out game by UK; seemed more like just a bad day for Tennessee.
I think it was more of a bad day for Tennessee than anything, but also a bit of UK not being as bad as they've looked lately. They were due for a win. Didn't think it'd come at Tennessee though.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

not often you can lose and go up in the polls....

Iowa St up to 12th from 14th
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:46 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:09 am Not sure if it was a big coming out game by UK; seemed more like just a bad day for Tennessee.
I think it was more of a bad day for Tennessee than anything, but also a bit of UK not being as bad as they've looked lately. They were due for a win. Didn't think it'd come at Tennessee though.
I watched that entire game and UK looked much better than they have all season. Very active and played really hard. Caused problems for Tenn with length and athleticism.

But yeah, that said, Tenn missed a million layups and weren't great.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Winning these close games has been so important because we're gonna drop 3 in a row/3 out of 4 at some point. Good to bank these dubs early.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:11 pm Winning these close games has been so important because we're gonna drop 3 in a row/3 out of 4 at some point. Good to bank these dubs early.
Seems like that stretch could start as early as this week. Some tough ass games ahead.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

hasbeen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:11 pm Winning these close games has been so important because we're gonna drop 3 in a row/3 out of 4 at some point. Good to bank these dubs early.
Seems doubtful.

(You're welcome for the response. Get back to me when you can.)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Part of me wants to say the kitties win streak seems like an outlier of sorts, and they’ll come back down to earth. TCU’s handling of them seems to corroborate.

Their best wins are Texas and Baylor, while Texas was dealing with wife beater coach drama, and Scott Drew sucks.

That said, we’re their Super Bowl, more so than anyone, so we’re prob gonna get their best shot

…or just come out and handle them.

Without knowing much about their team, do they have an elite big? Or they the kinda kitties team that might be another KJ buffet?