No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:07 pm But what about all those classified documents? Do we still care about those? Or not so much now?
I hope that an investigation is done and that anyone who intentionally broke the law is held accountable. I also hope that someone in the Archives department figures out that they probably need to update their procedures on working with current administrations so that they have a better understanding of what is and is not allowed as people seem to be doing whatever they need with little thought as to whether they are allowed to do it or not.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it seems that, in this day and age, it’s inevitable that a president would HAVE to travel with classified documents in order to do their job (maybe i’m wrong)

because of this, and in agreement with 2coach, it also seems that there has to be a revision of policy and protocol for such things

it’s also true that trying to keep such documents as souvenirs and mementos is hilariously sad, and defying a subpoena to return such documents and then subsequently lying about having returned them, are acts seemingly exclusive to a single president/administration
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:14 pm it seems that, in this day and age, it’s inevitable that a president would HAVE to travel with classified documents in order to do their job (maybe i’m wrong)
I may be mistaken, but aren't the Biden documents in question from his time as VP and not his current term as President?

Maybe I am mixing up facts here.

Personally, for Biden at least, it's not very concerning to me that these were discovered. I think a giant portion are only concerned because of the Trump classified documents scandal.

But it is very telling to watch the different responses to these discoveries. But to be expected at this stage.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:07 pm But what about all those classified documents? Do we still care about those? Or not so much now?
All depends, are you a Pub caring about Biden and not Trump or a Dem caring about Trump and not Biden?
Crazy how that works - isn't it?
I believe in my 56 years of existence I have never seen a more politically divided and ignorant USA.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:36 pm Personally, for Biden at least, it's not very concerning to me that these were discovered. I think a giant portion are only concerned because of the Trump classified documents scandal.

But it is very telling to watch the different responses to these discoveries. But to be expected at this stage.
Yes, arsenic and aspirin both have side effects. OF COURSE THE RESPONSES ARE DIFFERENT! One of them is a sociopath and blew off the government agency when asked to turnover the documents. In another case no one knew the existence of the documents, and they were turned over as soon as they were found.

If cannot understand that, or do not want to make an effort to understand that you have no business engaging in political discourse.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

is it a coincidence that uncle joe did not fess up until peter doocy was about to out him. i think not.

if cannot understand that,
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

The garage was locked man!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

How did Doocy get the information? Wouldn’t have anything to do with the Insurrection Caucus getting briefed, would it?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:14 pm it’s also true that trying to keep such documents as souvenirs and mementos is hilariously sad, and defying a subpoena to return such documents and then subsequently lying about having returned them, are acts seemingly exclusive to a single president/administration
gee, i wonder why there would be different reactions…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

LOL
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:35 pm Yea the egg cabal didn’t invent avian flu, but they (and capitalism as a whole) DID invent things like treating avian flu as an opportunity to price gouge.

According to the article, “there have been no positive tests of the avian flu at any Cal-Maine Foods’ facilities”

Additionally, “The significantly higher selling prices, our enduring focus on cost control, and our ability to adapt to inflationary market pressures led to improved profitability overall,” Max Bowman, Cal-Maine’s finance chief, said in a statement. (no mention of avian flu?)

Perhaps it’s a question of what degree things like avian flu really had/have on egg markets, versus what degree it’s just another for-profit opportunity. (For real, is the increase in profits proportionate to the decrease in supply or whatever?)

Or, maybe it’s a question of whether markets for staples like eggs should be for-profit in the first place.

(How many otherwise good eggs and other foods get thrown out every year just cuz simply giving them away would potentially impact the opportunity to profit off them?)

The true cause is simple: the egg industry has been hit by an epidemic of avian influenza – “an extremely infectious disease, mostly fatal to poultry, that can rapidly spread.” It is the most severe outbreak in American history, and has led to the destruction of something like 15-20% of the egg-laying flock. In some states, the numbers have been more extreme. In Colorado, for example, 85% of all egg-laying hens are reported to have been “depopulated.”

“Since early 2022, more than 49 million birds in 46 states have either died as a result of bird flu virus infection or have been culled (killed) due to exposure to infected birds. This number is nearing the 50.5 million birds in 21 states that were affected by the largest bird flu outbreak that occurred in 2015. Even so, the number of states affected in 2022 [47] is already more than double the number of states that were affected in 2015.” – The Center For Disease Control (Nov. 3, 2022)

The impact on supply is greater than just the number of culls. The egg infrastructure is massive and delicate. There are more egg-laying hens in this country than there are human beings, and each one produces almost one egg per day, day after day, well over 100 billion eggs a year, an enormous self-replicating biological engine, discharging a gigantic flow of its fragile, perishable commodity across a continental-scale economy. The system is exquisitely vulnerable to disruption. Dense flocks are monocultures wide open to epidemic storms. Infection slows a hen’s egg production even before it kills her. A single infected bird may mean culling thousands or hundreds of thousands in the flock. Replacing the lost capacity takes time, and must meet strict requirements. The government puts its hand in, to specify, regulate and redress. We’ve seen this movie before.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

somewhat related, i heard an interesting piece on npr the other day about the industrialization of US agriculture post WWII as a means to fight communism…have the cheapest food in the world

the intentional dismantling of animal-based farming (subsidized by uncle sam) in favor of mechanized, factory farms
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:41 pm ...no one knew the existence of the documents, and they were turned over as soon as they were found.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-doj-s ... 19261.html

Starting to seem at least somewhat similar?

" The FBI searched President Joe Biden’s home in Wilmington, Delaware, on Friday and located additional documents with classified markings and also took possession of some of his handwritten notes, the president’s lawyer said Saturday.

The president voluntarily allowed the FBI into his home, but the lack of a search warrant did not dim the extraordinary nature of the search. It compounded the embarrassment to Biden that started with the disclosure Jan. 12 that the president’s attorneys had found a “small number” of classified records at a former office at the Penn Biden Center in Washington shortly before the midterm elections. Since then, attorneys found six classified documents in Biden’s Wilmington home library from his time as vice president."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that doesnr even make sense....

if they're subletting then the others aren't on the actual lease with the owner. So...he would just have to re-up the lease with the owner as the only signee.....then re-sign his sublettors with new contracts to reflect whatever the new price is....

If they are sublettors they don't need to see the original lease with the tenant as they arent bound by that lease, only by the lease with the tenant they are leasing rooms from.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m tempted to ask whether these “head tenant” antics are actually a pretty good microcosm for what landlords do to housing markets in the first place, but I prob shouldn’t even bother.
Deleted User 863

No surprise you've headed down a different path and ignored TDubs points.

Cool tweet though!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TDub wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:59 am that doesnr even make sense....

if they're subletting then the others aren't on the actual lease with the owner. So...he would just have to re-up the lease with the owner as the only signee.....then re-sign his sublettors with new contracts to reflect whatever the new price is....

If they are sublettors they don't need to see the original lease with the tenant as they arent bound by that lease, only by the lease with the tenant they are leasing rooms from.
I hope the head tenant has read his contract with the leaser and has the legal right to sublet. I did that in a loft space in San Francisco and it only lasted about 6 months till I found out I couldn't sublease.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, I got the impression the head tenant was doing this under the table, without necessarily having the landlord’s permission or knowledge of doing so