Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by pdub »

So clearly go Bengals.
Mahomes does not want to have to play on artificial turf next week.
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

Psychhawk wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:26 pm Andy trusts the veteran to hang onto to the ball. More important than yards with a two score lead and no timeouts for Jags.
Why not just kneel down and take 0 risk then? Anyway, with the way offenses score in the current NFL, I think picking up a first down that ensures Jax never get the ball back is more valuable than the extra seconds or field possession from negative rushing plays and a punt.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

lwh69ku wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:59 pm
Psychhawk wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:26 pm Andy trusts the veteran to hang onto to the ball. More important than yards with a two score lead and no timeouts for Jags.
Why not just kneel down and take 0 risk then? Anyway, with the way offenses score in the current NFL, I think picking up a first down that ensures Jax never get the ball back is more valuable than the extra seconds or field possession from negative rushing plays and a punt.
My thoughts too. Jet got blown up a few times earlier too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sneed broke his nose so, while painful, he should be back next week.

Likely high ankle sprain for Mahomes which probably would have guys sitting out a few weeks…but my guess is he plays.

Unfortunately Chiefs gotta go against one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

At this point I'm not so sure the Chiefs should be as concerned with Buffalo or Cincinnati as they should be about Philadelphia, Dallas, or San Francisco. I probably wouldn't have thought that way a couple of weeks ago. I am a fan of both the Chiefs and the 49ers. If the Chiefs beat Cinci or Buffalo I would love to see them beat the shit out of Dallas or Philadelphia. Absolute worst case scenario would be if the Chiefs lost in the AFC Championship and the 49ers lost in the NFC Championship.

That would be

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We beat the shit out of San Fran in Cali.

We lost to Cincy and Buffalo this season and our MVP QB won’t have time to heal.

We should absolutely be more concerned with those two teams than the NFC squads.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:24 am We should absolutely be more concerned with those two teams than the NFC squads.
This.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Bengals have a horrible OL and compensate by throwing short passes to backs and adding protection for long throws to the W/Rs. Chase and Boyd are pretty phenomenal in YAC too. The Bills have a good OL but play the same game we saw yesterday with Fabio. Difference is Diggs and Allen. They are the second and third best teams in the NFL with Philly and SF right behind. This is going to take some defense this year.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:24 am We beat the shit out of San Fran in Cali.

We lost to Cincy and Buffalo this season and our MVP QB won’t have time to heal.

We should absolutely be more concerned with those two teams than the NFC squads.
Yep, next week will be a battle for sure. I hope KC is able to clean up some things and that Mahomes is healthy enough to move around like he was at the beginning of yesterday's game. The Chiefs offense looked amazing prior to Mahomes' injury so hopefully they can get back as close to that as possible. Fingers crossed that they keep it going.

I don't care at all who comes out of the NFC. Philly is great and so is SF so if the Chiefs are fortunate enough to make another Super Bowl then they will have their hands full either way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I will give credit to Spags at least for last night. We’re put in some bad field positions but still kept the game low scoring and didn’t get beat for big yardage. Pressured Lawrence well and won the turnover battle.

Toub, different story.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:59 am I will give credit to Spags at least for last night. We’re put in some bad field positions but still kept the game low scoring and didn’t get beat for big yardage. Pressured Lawrence well and won the turnover battle.

Toub, different story.
Defensively everything looks better when you can get pressure with four and drop for coverage. I did notice that as soon as they saw Etinne in a side car position when the ball was snapped Gay would immediately shoot to take away that swing pass. Spags takes a lot of blame but last night he was excellent.

Said it before but Grandpa Toub needs to either retire or Andy needs to let him go. His unit has been suspect all year and every game there have been big, glaring issues.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Confirmed high ankle sprain.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:24 am We beat the shit out of San Fran in Cali.

Right, the Chiefs beat the shit out of them - a looooong time ago.
I care more about the 49ers today than I do the 49ers back in September and October.
SF lost to Chicago, Denver, and Atlanta before they lost to the Chiefs. The 49ers were shit earlier in the season. And?

Speaking of recent performances.....
The Bengals struggled to beat a slightly better than average Ravens team last week.
The Bills struggled to beat a slightly better than average Dolphins team last week.

Did the Chiefs beat the recent Cowboys team that beat the shit out the Buccaneers in Tampa last week?
Did the Chiefs beat the recent Eagles team that beat the shit out of the Giants last night?

All that being said, yes - you need to worry about who you play next before you worry about who you may play later. One game at a time. Let's hope the Chiefs win 1 and then 1 more.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wasn’t that long ago.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bengals better in snow.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Bengals have had our number but there is a slight silver lining.

Bengals have a pretty good defense but don’t send much pressure and don’t get a lot of sacks. Good at disguise but beat us last season with a spy and just sending three and dropping everyone back.

We lost by 3 at Cincy this season with a late Kelce fumble and a missed Butker FG.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Going to be an exciting game. This trio (KC Bills and Cincy) are turning into a fun 3 way playoff rivalry with no apparent end in sight.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Line opened at -3 and rightfully moved down to 1.

I think a healthy Mahomes would be -3.5. I think Mahomes is worth more than 2.5 points as well.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Smiled when I read what Daniel Uhlfelder wrote but have to be honest, the kid in the 32 jersey and the woman in the red jacket and hat make me lose SOME respect for the Chiefs fanbase. Yes, I realize two people don't make an entire fanbase.

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/stat ... 3636107266
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:37 pm Line opened at -3 and rightfully moved down to 1.

I think a healthy Mahomes would be -3.5. I think Mahomes is worth more than 2.5 points as well.
You have to be happier than a pig in shit.
You continue to rightfully point out Mahomes will probably not be 100% healthy - so you have an excuse if the Chiefs lose.
If they win, then you can elevate Mahome's greatness even more.
Amiright? ;)