Dajuan harris junior season

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Dajuan harris junior season

Post by randylahey »

Pettiford plays smart sound basketball but I dont feel like he should play any minutes at the 2. When dajuan needs a breather or is in foul trouble, play pettiford. Thats it

Hes still small. And can't and won't even shoot. He doesn't make us better. But he can fill a role. He's a good back up point.

But yesefu and/or rice getting going gives this team a higher ceiling
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:04 pm Miles was pretty damn good and a great Jayhawk.

Harris reminds me a little of one of my all time favorite Jayhawks, Cedric Hunter. Long arms, quick AF, and plays really good D.
good dodge, lol. but you're right, we don't need to rank everyone all the time. miles was one of my all time favs, underrated as far as i'm concerned. that dude was awesome to watch.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would have liked to have seen Miles play for this version of Bill Self. I suppose we saw that a little when he played for Roy, but given Miles's court vision, passing ability, handle, and defense, he would have been absolutely lethal with this Bill. He would have also developed a floater if he played in this era. I suppose Miles kind of was a better shooting Dajuan when you think about those attributes.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:19 am I would have liked to have seen Miles play for this version of Bill Self. I suppose we saw that a little when he played for Roy, but given Miles's court vision, passing ability, handle, and defense, he would have been absolutely lethal with this Bill. He would have also developed a floater if he played in this era. I suppose Miles kind of was a better shooting Dajuan when you think about those attributes.
and they both rockin the headband.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Bump.

LOL
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He was great - possibly our best guy last night.

Thing is, he coulda been even better, as this time around, all his 3's were WIDE open, ksu was clearly told to completely lay off him, and he missed one of the easier layups you can imagine.

Should had 23 or 26 points.
Deleted User 863

Could have, not should have, imo. Expecting him not to miss shots isn't fair.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Expecting him to not miss completely wide open threes and layups is a little bit fair.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:25 am Expecting him to not miss completely wide open threes and layups is a little bit fair.
Layups: sure, a little bit. Gradey and KJ missed layups too.

Expecting him to shoot 100% on open 3s is silly. Not even Gradey does that.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm not sure Gradey has had two wide open threes, where you could sit down on the court and stand back up and still take a shot, like Harris saw last night all season.

I said he was great.
He could ( should have even ) have been even better.
Deleted User 863

You're definitely entitled to your opinion. I just think that's holding him to an unreasonably high standard.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Unreasonably high standard = make open threes and open layups so that your game can be better.
Deleted User 863

Nobody makes all of their open 3s. No matter how many stand up and sit downs they could do before a defender got there.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter. He was 2-6 last night. Would 3-6 have satisfied your expectations? 😉

6-6 isn't realistic.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's not worth it.
Never is.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dh is my favorite current JAYHAWK.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:38 am It's not worth it.
Never is.
It's okay for us to disagree. I thought we were just talking. No reason to get mad or anything.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

dajuan had a bad missed layup.

Other than that he did well.

Would loved to have seen him hit 1 more of those three. But.....what I like most is that he's taking them. Zhe has to take them.

need Bobby to take them too.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If Dajuan makes enough of his wide open shots that defenses start thinking twice about giving him so many wide open shots, it makes our team’s ceiling a lot higher.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:38 am It's not worth it.
Never is.
Vent your frustrations at your own peril around here apparently.

Harris played well but yeah, he had a few just flat out misses in close. He's a terrible shooter so I think him hitting any wide open threes he takes is found money at this point. Just treat them like Dok free throws. Hitting two in a game is an unexpected bonus.