Official Gamethread KU vs kstate

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Official Gamethread KU vs kstate

Post by MICHHAWK »

I like this surly dude. I hope he hangs around.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:57 pm

Everything about this whole thing is so Little Brother. So weird.
and yet, so predictable
I have to say it's been a long, long time since we've seen surlytimmy here. Things got real sad under Bruce, his favorite coach ever.
I am sure he wanders over here frequently to see if we're paying the proper amount of respect to KSU.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that reminds me!

Enjoying a green chili breakfast burrito this mornin. Delish.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:18 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:04 pm

and yet, so predictable
I have to say it's been a long, long time since we've seen surlytimmy here. Things got real sad under Bruce, his favorite coach ever.
I am sure he wanders over here frequently to see if we're paying the proper amount of respect to KSU.
I am sure he wanders over here frequently to see if he is paying the proper amount of respect to KSU.
surly

Post by surly »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:49 am
surly wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:40 pm There's that 'lil brother' thing again.
And they still put your biggest game of the year on ESPN+
No, the game in Manhattan was on ESPN, the mothership. Yours in Lawrence was on da plus.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

surly wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:10 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:49 am
surly wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:40 pm There's that 'lil brother' thing again.
And they still put your biggest game of the year on ESPN+
No, the game in Manhattan was on ESPN, the mothership. Yours in Lawrence was on da plus.
Road games are more important than home games when trying to win a conference title.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

the biggest games for us typically happen in late march or early april.
surlys, in late jan, early feb.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This is the fan base that chants "Fuck KU" at nonconference football and basketball games. And at bars on random nights.

Why do you think surly is bringing up football time and again here? It's because his basketball season is over. He got the only win he cared about. On to the next.
surly

Post by surly »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:56 am This is the fan base that chants "Fuck KU" at nonconference football and basketball games. And at bars on random nights.

Why do you think surly is bringing up football time and again here? It's because his basketball season is over. He got the only win he cared about. On to the next.
Students don't do that anymore. Tang put an end to it. It was nonsensical. The hate stuff is not healthy. This is basketball and football after all. Most of us enjoy friendly banter, not boorish behavior.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

surly wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:59 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:56 am This is the fan base that chants "Fuck KU" at nonconference football and basketball games. And at bars on random nights.

Students don't do that anymore. Tang put an end to it. It was nonsensical. The hate stuff is not healthy. This is basketball and football after all. Most of us enjoy friendly banter, not boorish behavior.
He stopped it at the last game they played against KU. Meaning, it has still happened at every game against KU.

And do you really want to back your own record up on not saying anything hateful about the University of Kansas, it's athletic program, its coaches, the city of Lawrence, etc.? Give me a break. You're on record.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"us"

And also: trolling opposing teams' message boards - and the more obscure ones at that! - is definitely on the boorish side of the friendly banter <--> boorish behavior spectrum.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I thought Tang took the KState job because it was the school that offered.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
surly

Post by surly »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:07 am

He stopped it at the last game they played against KU. Meaning, it has still happened at every game against KU.

And do you really want to back your own record up on not saying anything hateful about the University of Kansas, it's athletic program, its coaches, the city of Lawrence, etc.? Give me a break. You're on record.
I have always been grateful to the city of Lawrence for helping us during the tornedo that hit a decade ago. It is how Kansans should act toward one another. Your assistant city manager was a good friend while holding that job here. Tang has stopped the f'KU chant.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

they changed fuck ku at your super bowl just weeks ago on espn.
i heard it.
tang wasn't happy.

so you're saying, from this point forward, that chant is over, because tang has stopped it.
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:20 am they changed fuck ku at your super bowl just weeks ago on espn.
i heard it.
tang wasn't happy.
that's when he spoke directly to the issue after the game: expect to win. he's deeply religious. it's really absurd. the biggest fans of the f'KU chant are KU fans. the irony is deep, isn't it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

surly wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 am he's deeply religious. it's really absurd.
We can all agree on something. Baylor is a trash institution.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

surly wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 am
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:20 am they changed fuck ku at your super bowl just weeks ago on espn.
i heard it.
tang wasn't happy.
that's when he spoke directly to the issue after the game: expect to win. he's deeply religious. it's really absurd. the biggest fans of the f'KU chant are KU fans. the irony is deep, isn't it.
So what happens if it doesn't stop? Even after you said that stopped it? Gawd shall smite them? What's even weirder is thinking college kids are going to stop it because the new basketball coach ordains it. Sure. That'll do it. Who freaking cares.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

rivals are supposed to hate on each other at sporting events. we don't have to turn everything into a snowflake fest.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

lord tang sayeth nay, taters, thou shalt not speaketh the Jayhawks name in vain, as they are mighty, fearsome and have actually won something in the last forever years.
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:29 am lord tang sayeth nay, taters, thou shalt not speaketh the Jayhawks name in vain, as they are mighty, fearsome and have actually won something in the last forever years.
that's probably a bit strong but he's running a faith based program, much like baylor's drew in that way.