It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:49 pmis it ok to assume most sports bars will have ESPN+?
I don't think that's a safe assumption at most sports bars, especially the dive-ier ones. But, go to a place that is big into college sports or NHL and they'll have it. The big chain sports bars will almost always have it, too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, this team’s ceiling is with KJ cooking.

Also excited to see if Udeh can bring us more food backup minutes.

Also also…

https://twitter.com/jayhawkslant/status ... Aa9Me6deDg

https://twitter.com/jayhawkslant/status ... Aa9Me6deDg
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Unfortunately, that's how several position battles get sorted out.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:00 pm Unfortunately, that's how several position battles get sorted out.
Yup.

Big night for Udeh. Curious to see how he does knowing he won't get yanked quite as quick as usual.

Here is what I love about Udeh: even though this has been a disappointing season individually for him (so far) his attitude has been great. He is always on the bench bringing energy and cheering for the other guys. That tells me a lot about a kid. Many would sit and pout. Hell, many would have already transferred.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think Self handled his expectations well. As excited as I was about getting 3 McD's AA's, Udeh seemed to be the one that was almost assuredly going to stay multiple seasons. I think most fans had him penciled in as a backup to begin the season.

The benchwarmer part is why he's been disappointing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I thought he'd ultimately be our 6th or 7th man.
Maybe he still can be.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:44 pm I think Self handled his expectations well. As excited as I was about getting 3 McD's AA's, Udeh seemed to be the one that was almost assuredly going to stay multiple seasons. I think most fans had him penciled in as a backup to begin the season.

The benchwarmer part is why he's been disappointing.
Self has done a good job with him.

I remember one of his handlers or coaches was quoted saying he'd be a starter and one of the best 5s in the conference right off the bat....i must admit that made me nervous when things didn't go as planned because you never know how the player actually feels or who is in their ear and what they are saying. Expectations from adults at home (about starting or being 1 and done) can be such a burden for some guys.

Self almost always does a fantastic job with those guys though. This seems to be another example of that.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:11 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:00 pm Unfortunately, that's how several position battles get sorted out.
Yup.

Big night for Udeh. Curious to see how he does knowing he won't get yanked quite as quick as usual.

Here is what I love about Udeh: even though this has been a disappointing season individually for him (so far) his attitude has been great. He is always on the bench bringing energy and cheering for the other guys. That tells me a lot about a kid. Many would sit and pout. Hell, many would have already transferred.
Agree. He's having fun and backing his teammates. He clearly has physical tools. If gets a grasp of the game like KJ has then look out.
Deleted User 863

AlOerter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:01 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:11 pm
Yup.

Agree. He's having fun and backing his teammates. He clearly has physical tools. If gets a grasp of the game like KJ has then look out.
He should just look at how much KJ improved in 1 off season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Is Kyle Cuffe still alive?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am watching Ball State on Plus in HD just to check the stream. I will be steamed if the bandwidth gives out for KU. The BiG fans dog our football, but I can't tell you how many folks follow KUBB. Huge audience.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Game Day, Bitches.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Get this win and the Big 12 gets interesting. Cheering for KSU to hold serve at home vs. Texas as well today to bring UT back to the pack.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

remember when we'd post a buncha KU gifs in the game day thread to pump us up?

I liked that.

Let's go!

AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:13 am remember when we'd post a buncha KU gifs in the game day thread to pump us up?

I liked that.

Let's go!

Sorry ousdahl. I'm just a boring old man and have no gifs to post.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I pretty happy that ESPN dropped the ball and is having Gameday at dook instead of Ames.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Not sure that's dropping the ball. Iowa State is ranked higher than Duke, but it is still Iowa State and Ames, Iowa.

Plus, KState vs Texas is a bigger matchup if we are factoring in rankings.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how far in advance do they choose where to hold game day?

either way, espn gets so boned up about dook-unc it's not the least bit surprising they'd hold it there, even if neither team is ranked.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t think i’ve ever seen that many carolina fans in Cameron
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?