Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by pdub »

"He pushed for a Russell Westbrook trade that has ripped apart the Lakers’ present."

Anyone but people who don't watch the NBA should have known this move would fail.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like how so much of the GM Bron saga can be summed up by tweeting emojis
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well if there's 1 person that'll change my mind on the subject....its definitely JJ Reddick. I wonder what Grayson Allen thinks? Trajan Langdon? Christian Laettner? Danny Ferry? these are things I need to know.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:11 am What’s the point count for Lebron?

I also heard something about how the game he’s likely to break Kareem’s record is not gonna be on national tv cuz of some local media contract?
Tonight on TNT.

Lulz.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The debate ends tonight
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

no it doesn't.

but doesn't surprise me that points is your only metric
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Championships shouldn't be the only metric either.

Otherwise Bill Russell is ahead of MJ.

LeBron is firmly #2 all time for me.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what does Jon Scheyer say
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont remember saying championships is the only metric either
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It's getting harder and harder to argue against lebron. All time points is maybe the 10th reason he's the goat
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:54 am "He pushed for a Russell Westbrook trade that has ripped apart the Lakers’ present."

Anyone but people who don't watch the NBA should have known this move would fail.
Idk if that's fair to say. The Lakers were going nowhere fast before westbrook
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

congrats Lebron

but this is ridiculous
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:06 pm The debate ends tonight
I am going to preface this by saying LeBron very well may be the GOAT and I take no issue with those who feel he is.
That being said, serious question/s. What changed last night in the "debate"? Did you feel Kareem was the GOAT?
I 100% feel being the all time scoring champ is a BIG feather in LeBron's cap but I can't say him becoming the scoring champ should be thee determining factor that tips the scale. Too many variables.

P.S. I have seen nothing in regards to Jordan congratulating LeBron. If he hasn't, then it's petty and shame on him.

P.S.S. - I can't help but wonder if it was "intentional" that Magic is wearing Jordan gear in this video.

https://spectrumsportsnet.com/watch/video/Oj19K4UrcilX
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 pm congrats Lebron

but this is ridiculous
Stopping the game for that long was absolutely ridiculous. They could have done all that after the game.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:28 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 pm congrats Lebron

but this is ridiculous
Stopping the game for that long was absolutely ridiculous. They could have done all that after the game.
Everyone know there would be pomp and circumstance pretty much immediately after he did it. I feel it should have been the first whistle after he did it but my opinion doesn't matter. My question is the refs blew the whistle right after he made the shot. According to the box score there was no timeout. Right or wrong, I feel the Lakers should have called one - or at least been charged with one.

Speaking of "ridiculous", losing to the Thunder at home in a game in which Isaiah freaking Joe and Mike freaking Muscala were factors was absolutely ridiculous.
Can someone please explain to me why Darvin Ham has a job being the HC of the Lakers? He may be worse than Luke Walton.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

WTF?
Can't help but question if this is a lack of "chemistry" on display.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/statu ... 1143133184
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I could see why someone would move LeBron to GOAT because of this. No, he’s not a different player than he was the moment before he broke the all time points record but Jordan wasn’t a different player the moment before he got his sixth ring which is the standard leading argument for him.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I used to always argue against lebron being the goat for a long time. I always rooted against him. But eventually got more realistic and put personal bias aside

When you look at everything he ha accomplished his his career, his consistent greatness, his longevity, his ability to basically play one 1-5/the fact that he is essentially a point guard in a power forwards body, his physical and athletic dominance, the fact he's carried over matched teams to the finals, coming back from down 3-1 in the finals against a 73 win team...

Hes first in all time points now AND is gonna finish 3rd or 4th in all time assists. That's absurd.

You are looking at the goat