Re: Conference Race

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks Hugs
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:46 pmThanks Hugs
We need a repeat performance from them again Saturday against Texas.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

OSU might be hottest team in the conference and Bill almost never does well in Stillwater. Going to be a battle next week. Maybe they'll cool off in Ames first.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Beating Kansas and Kansas State but losing to Texas Tech, Okie State, West Virginia and Mizzou is peak ISU. So funny.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:24 pm OSU might be hottest team in the conference and Bill almost never does well in Stillwater. Going to be a battle next week. Maybe they'll cool off in Ames first.
Okie State has played 3 of the weakest Big 12 foes in a row. TCU is not much without Miles and Lampkin.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:39 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:24 pm OSU might be hottest team in the conference and Bill almost never does well in Stillwater. Going to be a battle next week. Maybe they'll cool off in Ames first.
Okie State has played 3 of the weakest Big 12 foes in a row. TCU is not much without Miles and Lampkin.
True, especially about TCU. But Okie State is winning--6 out of their last 7--which I don't think you can really say that about any other team now that UT lost this week.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Shit, I'd love if Kansas won 6 of 7 in this conference.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yep. And they were a handful for us in Lawrence.

This State of Oklahoma trip, I think we should feel pretty good if we go 1-1.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Same could be said for our 5-0 start.

oSu, Tech, West Va, OU and Iowa State.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
surly

Post by surly »

OU reminds me of Weber's last few teams, competitive to the end, then fold. oSu though is clearly coming on down the stretch. Kalib Boone is a stud.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:58 am
Same could be said for our 5-0 start.

oSu, Tech, West Va, OU and Iowa State.
We finish with @OU, @OSU, vs Baylor, @TCU, vs WVU, vs Tech and @Texas so we have a similar stretch of more winnable games coming up after the Murderer's Row of games we had there for a bit.

Comparing our remaining 7 games vs. those of Texas (not in chronological order obviously):

Both have home games vs. West Virginia
Both have road games @TCU
KU @OU, Texas vs OU
KU vs. Texas Tech, Texas @Texas Tech
KU vs. Baylor, Texas @Baylor

KU has @Okie State, Texas has vs. Iowa State

With the last game of the season being KU finishes @ Texas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 am Yep. And they were a handful for us in Lawrence.

This State of Oklahoma trip, I think we should feel pretty good if we go 1-1.
We don't win the B12 if that happens.
surly

Post by surly »

my money manager is a ku grad and seattle resident. he came in for the texas game and got a ticket for $65. here's today's isu ticket price for next saturday in mhk. someone posted it on twitter. could be a super bowl type event if everything breaks correctly.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

#insecure
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
surly

Post by surly »

#reflection
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A quick look at KU v Baylor shows even higher prices and this is in a down year.
ticket price smack talk!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

surly wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:52 am my money manager is a ku grad and seattle resident. he came in for the texas game and got a ticket for $65. here's today's isu ticket price for next saturday in mhk. someone posted it on twitter. could be a super bowl type event if everything breaks correctly.

the real, relevant, question is.....how good was Iowa State in 1962-1976. Thats the measuring stick for excellence.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I dunno you guys, I might need to go to another school's message boards to figure out how I should feel about KU.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:14 pm I dunno you guys, I might need to go to another school's message boards to figure out how I should feel about KU.
Well, i went to another schools messageboard because I don't give a shit about where I went to school. 🤣

But i guess it's a little different since I actually was raised to love KU.