moving from hypothetical to facts/commiments

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: moving from hypothetical to facts/commiments

Post by defixione »

Gotcha! Moderation was never a part of my vocabulary until I turned 48.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:15 pm until I turned 48.
Lemme see, if take that number, add a few here, subtract a couple there, figure the square root, and...wait...don't forget to carry the 1!...I come up with the answer of..."Seth."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Genius level math. Clairvoyant.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The math is much easier when you already know the answer.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I sent an email to the Owners of the Frontier Drive Inn. I heard back surprisingly quickly. I won't paraphrase, here was the response:
This sounds so fun – love this idea.

We are just sorting out what summer plans look like and would love to accommodate this. Will get back to you early next week!
An hour later I got another response saying "yes we can figure out a way to accommodate this". So I will have more details next week. We would hopefully be able to start booking yurts and quonsets next week. I will post a preliminary/proposed schedule for the two day event soonish.

I mentioned this event to Annie Oakley the other day. She reached for her holster and yelled, "Is that tart Suzy Creamcheese gonna be there?" I said, "babe, babe, let's ratchet down the preemptive hostility here, you know that was a long time ago and besides, DC is gonna be there." Annie doesn't cross State lines with her weapons so I think we will be OK. But she is a redhead so we may all need to keep an eye on her.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Once again, put me down for a quonset.
Or tell me how I can reserve one
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:38 pm Once again, put me down for a quonset.
Or tell me how I can reserve one
I have a conference call with the Owners next week to talk about our collective summer schedules of events. We should have some clarity after that. I have been seeing nightly rates of $125. But when I checked last night it might have changed to $240 for this summer. Newtongirl looked yesterday and she saw $300. I should be able to get a correct/accurate rate from them on our call seeing as we are trying to set up a couple of other events this summer that would rely on housing people at the Frontier. They are between directors right now so I think that might be part of the confusion. Adam just left if you remember him.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I do. That sucks.
I am in regardless
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I heard from Geezer last night.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I haven't seen Geezer since the KU KSU BB game, spring of 2012. I thought he'd fallen off the face of the earth.