Conference Race

Kansas Basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Conference Race

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:35 pm
surly wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:52 am my money manager is a ku grad and seattle resident. he came in for the texas game and got a ticket for $65. here's today's isu ticket price for next saturday in mhk. someone posted it on twitter. could be a super bowl type event if everything breaks correctly.

the real, relevant, question is.....how good was Iowa State in 1962-1976. Thats the measuring stick for excellence.
Herkle Ivey. Stud
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yeah, wasn’t directed at you.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:47 pm Yeah, wasn’t directed at you.
Oh, I know.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:29 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:14 pm I dunno you guys, I might need to go to another school's message boards to figure out how I should feel about KU.
Well, i went to another schools messageboard because I don't give a shit about where I went to school. 🤣

But i guess it's a little different since I actually was raised to love KU.
Ditto
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

1 more year of OU and UT in big 12.

Wish we could kick them out after this season.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... -24-season
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It won't (and shouldn't) happen obviously for all sorts of reasons, but I do smile at the idea of the rest of the Big 12 just...taking forfeits and no-showing. The pettiness of that amuses me.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Would be glorious to see the SEC and CFP people scramble when OU and UT are both 12-0 next season despite only playing 3 games.

Edit: I suppose they’d play each other so 11-1 and 12-0.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:13 am Would be glorious to see the SEC and CFP people scramble when OU and UT are both 12-0 next season despite only playing 3 games.

Edit: I suppose they’d play each other so 11-1 and 12-0.
Yes, all of that stuff would be absolutely hilarious. Lunardi's head exploding, and so on.
surly

Post by surly »

pretty obvious that oklahoma leaving is no big deal for hoops and houston more than compensates for texas. hopefully, the b12 adds arizona for basketball cache and oregon plus uw for football.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

adding CU would be prime time
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

Oregon and Washington will be in the Big 10+8 supposedly. The rest of the Pac South is supposedly on the Big 12+?? radar.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

is this a new rumor, or just a retread?

cu, ut, and the az schools definitely make sense to me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Pac 12 schools growing increasingly frustrated because their commissioner overpromised on a new TV deal and nothing has come close yet. They're starting to look around a bit. It's increasingly less likely that BIG will expand. Rather, Big 12 will be very aggressive and KU being the flagship school of the conference is a big leader in that.

A north division of KU, CU, Utah, BYU, kstate, Iowa State, Cincy and West Va would be fun.
A south division of Arizona, ASU, Tech, oSu, Baylor, TCU, Houston and UCF would be good too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i always forget about ucf
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:14 pm I dunno you guys, I might need to go to another school's message boards to figure out how I should feel about KU.
That's not even a fair analogy, since you actually went to KU, while that dipshit went to some backwater school in the Dakota hinterland. His connection to KState is more tenuous than Illinois' connection to KU.

But then, he also thinks he has a "money manager."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:55 pm
That's not even a fair analogy, since you actually went to KU, while that dipshit went to some backwater school in the Dakota hinterland. His connection to KState is more tenuous than Illinois' connection to KU.

Soil samples at Land Bank.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:55 pm

also his son can’t count
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Come on, everyone knows that tickets for the octagon of dumb are in much higher demand than tickets for the Phog.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU has a better winning percentage in bramlage than ksu does.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:45 am KU has a better winning percentage in bramlage than ksu does.
/thread