Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:28 am the irony of Remy is, without him we legit might not have made the second weekend
You can say that about Dave CB JW and Och. And maybe even DH.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:25 am I'd swap Braun and Harris but yea, that ranking would be similar to mine.
yea, even I give more credit to CB than Dajuan.

twocoach been drinking the Qoolaid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No. Getting to the second weekend was primarily about Remy Martin and Greg McDermott.

Like PhD said, Remy brought back Magic Johnson!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:25 am I'd swap Braun and Harris but yea, that ranking would be similar to mine.
Id swap CB and JW.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

rm had a forgetable regular season.

rm had a great post season.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Someone put up the 21-22 Jayhawk highlights. Remy made some great passes early in the season. Very impressive team though. We were very lucky to have those pieces.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:34 pm
Wiff wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:30 pm I'm already nervous for next season's first round tournament game.
(It’s been over 15 years since we lost in the first round.)
Precisely why I am nervous. I can already hear the east coast announcers repeating this exact statement with us down 5 points with 8 minutes left.
Ain't no seats
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Is there a coach controversy?

#Norm23
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Last night proved Self is overrated and K was underrated.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Don’t really know where to put this but Bill deserves to keep having his own thread. So much is made about the players, which they deserve it.

But man, Bill is working some magic.

I labeled him as a top 5 coach of all time last week. And still think he is. His only blemish is not having going to back to back final fours like the others in the top 5 have.

He’s so damn good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The fact that he has this collection of guys in contention to outright win, not share, the Big 12 just shows how good he is at team building and in game adjustments.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:10 am The fact that he has this collection of guys in contention to outright win, not share, the Big 12 just shows how good he is at team building and in game adjustments.
Even though we spent months bashing his "team building" for putting together this roster that has "no size" and few shooters?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's more recruiting for me.
Team building is getting the best of your squad from the summer to March Madness.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:26 am That's more recruiting for me.
Team building is getting the best of your squad from the summer to March Madness.
I see your angle now. Yeah, he does do a great job of figuring out how to push the right buttons with different players. If he can figure out how to free Yesefu's brain from the gridlock it is stuck in, he should be handed the National CoY award.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:10 am The fact that he has this collection of guys in contention to outright win, not share, the Big 12 just shows how good he is at team building and in game adjustments.
i almost posted last night that he should be in the convo, if not front-runner for COY…but i bet tang gets it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess COY tends to be more overachieve relative to expectations, rather than just put together the best coaching campaign possible.

And considering we started top 5, there’s not much to overachieve.

or something like, watch Self win national COY but not confernce, lol
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the coach did a masterful job managing the foul trouble in the 1st half last night.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:45 am
i almost posted last night that he should be in the convo, if not front-runner for COY…but i bet tang gets it
I think this is one of his better coaching jobs. He has been terrific for the most part.
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:06 am the coach did a masterful job managing the foul trouble in the 1st half last night.
Hate to agree with most of anything this guy says but Bill has gone from a hard sit on a player with 2 fouls to a much more detailed plan. Put Wilson and Dick back in until the 2 minute mark was just well done. He has definitely adjusted his mindset in that area.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:58 am I guess COY tends to be more overachieve relative to expectations, rather than just put together the best coaching campaign possible.

And considering we started top 5, there’s not much to overachieve.

or something like, watch Self win national COY but not confernce, lol
in a sense, i agree about the overachieving bit

but, we lost some 70% of our scoring after last year, and for Self to have this team where it is, is pretty amazing

virtual lock for a 1 seed, with an outside shot at the overall 1, nearly as many quad 1 wins as the other three 1 seeds combined, and not just competing for another conference title but being in 1st (tied) with two weeks to go
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?